Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m glad that Elon at least finally acknowledged it’s a cluster and that trim is the main issue (makes sense what they’re doing in the tents in the staging lot).

Doesn’t help us, but I’m happier that at least he has acknowledged we exist. Wish he’d actually see the tweets of more who complain and address them.
His acknowledgment was a joke, he knows this site exists, he knows this thread exists! Let him come on here and speak to us directly not on Twitter. That would be meaningful, that would be impactful! Give us a breakdown of the timeline when the different seat configurations will go into production. Provide us something in good faith for their screwup like returning free supercharging. Empty words in a fleeting moment mean little to me.

I’ll be impressed when he actually takes action and does something about this cluster F****. And then tells us customers how he’s resolving the issue.

Have ANY prerefresh LR been delivered? I’m a 1/23/21 order date and an April delivery like everyone else but I don’t recall anyone with a prerefresh pre price hike reservation for LR getting a car yet. I’m actually starting to believe they lost me in the system.
No they haven’t forgotten you. In fact if you look close, you can see Elon flipping you the bird. They couldn’t care less about you and actually would be thrilled if you would cancel so they can sell your car to someone else for 15-$30,000 more. Sadly, that is not an exaggeration.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
Oh no, now even our lifeline is going to be MIA… 😉😭🤣
81E84900-E30A-46BC-8647-CC190B538717.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: lexus26
Ordered early November 2021. Plaid, red, white interior, 20", FSD. Florida. EDD on the website when ordering was August. EDD was August ever since November but on 2/5 it changed to February 22 - March 13. Today, 2/9 I got my VIN!

Super lucky to be honest. I also just picked up a M3P today and coincidentally got a VIN today as well. Honestly not ready for 2 cars within the same month. Obviously I have to take delivery now and not hold right? Honestly wish it was any other day than today because I just got another tesla lol.

VIN range is 3330xx. Is this new or a reject? Haven't asked about build date yet
1644467988916.png

Ordered early November 2021. Plaid, red, white interior, 20", FSD. Florida. EDD on the website when ordering was August. EDD was August ever since November but on 2/5 it changed to February 22 - March 13. Today, 2/9 I got my VIN!

Super lucky to be honest. I also just picked up a M3P today and coincidentally got a VIN today as well. Honestly not ready for 2 cars within the same month. Obviously I have to take delivery now and not hold right? Honestly wish it was any other day than today because I just got another tesla lol.

VIN range is 3330xx. Is this new or a reject? Haven't asked about build date yet
View attachment 767207
It’s a 2022 made

So, here we go. Have to mention that I have a Blue X LR 6 Seater on order (since JAN 21 - EDD date is now April 2022). Had to take my 2018 X LR (The Blue Bat) down (over, actually) to the SODO Service Center in Seattle to have the rear switch on the right FWD replaced. Pushed in on the button and it just collapsed. Not much of a repair, just have to take a ferry over and spend a day there. Took care of some errands - Room and Board, MacPerson's, and Big John's for Italian food. Basically a good day. Got some good grits.... I have simple pleasures..

So I'm dropping off the Blue Bat and espy this really nice white X Refresh parked outside. Drooling over the yoke, white leather and white interior trim - and the Plaid logo. Really wanted to sit inside the beast so I could vicariously experience my (supposedly) upcoming arriving X. By the time I returned to pick the Blue Bat up the Plaid X was gone. Asked sales and they sad it been delivered. Said he had not seen any X LR in the shop.

Well, heck. Nice to see that someone who ordered a Plaid got a machine. Trying not to chew on my fingers.... or say nasty things. My take on all of this is that the money guys are trying to push as many high margin products out as possible for for the first quarter and that maybe, we'll see some XLR machines after the first quarter.

Guess I'm dreaing. Sure was a pretty car, though. Do all of the white leather interiors come with a white trim? Thought there was s walnut/oak strip. Did I miss something??

Still waiting.......

Bob

Finally, he acknowledged however still unclear on the dates. At least giving an estimate would make consumers better prepared. If there is a limiting factor for interior trims, does it mean they are going to only continue 6 seats? Very unclear information.
Elon’s response frankly confirms they have absolutely no clue !! And this cluelessness and ‘shot in the dark’ style orders will continue to haunt us for awhile maybe through & beyond 2022 is what it looks like sadly!!
Else knowing Elon, I am sure he would have boldly projected dates/ramp even if he was ~5% certain.

couldn’t log on yesterday due to being at Disney. But after reading all 14 pages this morning, I think there are a few that haven’t posted their March to April EDD movement. Please post about it now. I need to know. Dying to know.

And sawyer is our friend now! Yay! Welcome back, SM.

Now I’m off to Galaxy’s Edge to meet my Sith family at Hollywood Studios. So please post many more disappointed posts about EDDs so I can have 15+ pages to read tomorrow.