Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are those Plaids pre or post price increase? I have a sneaky suspicion they are all pre-increase but I could be wrong. Only LR's go back to 2020.

Pre price increase including the one I ordered on 1/31/21. My conspiracist in me thinks Tesla is bumping really recent orders prior to the price increase to get people to cancel. People who placed their orders saying they were going to get it in October did so to align to that time...i.e and ending lease, or loan approval, wanting to wait until the bugs are worked out of early production, or just ordering now thinking the price would go up, which it did, even if they're not ready for it now.

My wrap guy is 3 months out. I have a tentative appt around October because that WAS the EDD. If Tesla follows through and wants to get it to me next week instead, it will literally be parked in the garage for months while I await availability to get the front wrapped.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mermaan
I just checked after a few days and I now have a date range! Feb 23-March 16. If they land it in March they will have technically fulfilled the delivery promise they made when I ordered it 1/27/01... at the time it just said "March" 🤣
You have the same config as mine, @DelPhonic1 & @kingjones94 except you have the 22s. There's a glimmer of hope for us!

• Informative
Reactions: DelPhonic1
Reactions: T3slafan2500
@Stro, can we add a purchase price column to the spreadsheet? It would provide a clear view as to whether or not highest price LR & Plaids are only getting built and delivered.
Isn't all the related info already there? Order date and config. It looks pretty clear that in general later orders are not being fulfilled first except for Plaid, so I wouldn't say they are prioritizing price completely over order date.

It does appear there is a higher chance of your order being filled if you have FSD, but if Plaid have a higher rate of FSD attached, it could just be biased from that.

Reactions: studioloft
I know that this has been asked and I've searched for it but couldn't find it.

Did anyone receive this message and does it really mean anything.

Hey Larry,

This is Godo with Tesla.

I wanted to reach out and see if you were looking to move forward with Tesla and if so, if there was any questions that I may assist with.

curious if anyone who placed an order back in jan/feb of 2021 (before the prices increased) placed ANOTHER order after the price increased? Maybe the new order would get delivered quicker and when it arrives you can ask Tesla to use your original order price then cancel the new one. Could uncover anyones theory that newer orders will get their cars first. Heck for $250 it’s worth it if it works.

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
A thread I encourage everyone here to read:
The Model X Refresh quality during this period appears to be ranging from "fine" to "horrific". I've seen one myself (towards the horrific end of the spectrum). It's a total lottery, and one that most appear to be losing (based on images I've seen here and elsewhere).

I know we're all thin on patience with this car, and I know the folks in this thread represent a tiny slice of X orders, but PLEASE don't accept a refreshed X with subpar quality. As long as we keep accepting cars with damage, extreme alignment issues, etc., Tesla will continue pumping out garbage, as quickly as possible (to meet their quarterly earnings target). This includes accepting it with the "promise" of your local SC being able to repair/replace everything (please don't forget the parts shortage situation).

Wake up, folks. Stop accepting garbage builds. I say this not only as someone who has an X on order, but also a Tesla shareholder. This nonsense has got to stop.

Last edited:
Thank you!

On another note… Wtf. I just got a date range of April 20- May 18.

Seriously, Tesla?

4D9F2E47-E3E5-49CC-8344-A1069402F637.jpeg

Crazy idea..

Instead of everyone spamming their EDD, add it to a single database 😄

Protip: Sort by "Checkin" date to see who has recently updated their info.

Looks like 2/20/2021 was a popular date to update, or maybe @studioloft added that field on that date and defaulted it? Regardless here's some idea of how old the information is for undelivered cars. This is not meant to name and shame, only provided as info.

1644604871563.png

Many more questions are answered here. (Multiple tabs you can navigate to at the bottom where it says "x of 10")

• Informative
Reactions: lexus26