Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone. I was a day one order for the Model X Plaid / 5 Seater / FSD. Around October the SA called me and said if I switch to the 6 seater, I could take delivery before the end of 2021. Then my EDD was moved to Jan and now finally it's looking like I will get X around Feb 14th. I'm seeing some people did not pay for the 6 seat configuration change. Is this common? Should I ask my SA about the $6500 charge for the seat change?

Also, I keep seeing references to orders placed pre-price increase. If I price the car out today on the Tesla website, the only price difference I see is the $2000 difference is FSD. Was there another price increase that people are talking about?

Finally last question. My SA called to give me a date of arrival at the service center. After the car arrives at the service center, how long is it till I can take delivery? I'm asking because as you know my SA is impossible to get a hold of.

Reactions: mr-dmitry
Also, I keep seeing references to orders placed pre-price increase. If I price the car out today on the Tesla website, the only price difference I see is the $2000 difference is FSD. Was there another price increase that people are talking about?

The base price increased $6500 and they removed the 5/7 seat configs. If you already ordered a 6 seat previously, there's no change in price.

So you're saying that if I never agreed to the 6 seater change that I would have automatically been moved to the 6 seat configuration at no charge?

Exactly!

...but prior that, if you agreed to move to the 6 seat to get your X faster and agreed to the $6500 increase, then no matter what you say, tesla will not refund that difference even if they're giving it away to those who ordered 5/7 seat configs.

Don't you just love the way Tesla does business ;)

Reactions: croman
Exactly!

...but prior that, if you agreed to move to the 6 seat to get your X faster and agreed to the $6500 increase, then no matter what you say, tesla will not refund that difference even if they're giving it away to those who ordered 5/7 seat configs.

Don't you just love the way Tesla does business ;)
Wow.......... I feel like as a 4th time Tesla Owner. I'm not surprised at all. Also to add insult to injury, I'm seeing people who placed orders months after mine taking delivery sooner. Fun times....

I have a full time job so I do not rely on youtube revenue. My last video was about my heat pump experience (which has been nothing but positive, which I explained) but I still lost subscribers and got some negative comments because I started the video sharing the heat pump problems Tesla had and is still potentially having. It's fine. I don't need to lie or hide the truth to make some internet people like me.
I just subscribed. Thanks for doing what you do.

Received my MX Plaid last week. Had it ceramic coated and my son decided to have a little video fun with it.
Enjoy…..
Holy! That could be a Tesla commercial (if they made any)

Got me thinking… imagine if Tesla shocked everyone and came out with a Super Bowl commercial which was kept super secret. That would crash Twitter I think.

i echo this..

They could also solve a lot of issues by just getting rid of the FWD. Essentially just make a bigger Y using S platform.
Yes, but the FWD is a major reason for me getting an X.
This is alarming on so many levels.

The fact that someone is willing to alter THE most critical user-interface to a 3rd party after-market model, of which is not approved or tested by Tesla OR the NHTSA is frightening.

Not only is this extremely dangerous to the driver but to others on the road that may be injured when this custom-mod fails.

Warranty - Try taking your Tesla into the service center. If your SC explicitly follows the warranty policy you have just voided the warranty for the life of the car.

Insurance - If your insurance company found out about this they would drop your policy.

Liability - If you're in an accident and the other party found the car had a wheel modification this could be enough to tip the at-fault scale.
Yeah, well this is just complete and absolute BS. The aftermarket wheels use OEM yokes to build from. OEM buttons and switches, OEM interface to the car, OEM airbag. They are LITERALLY Tesla yokes with some extra bits added so there is NO safety issue with them AT ALL. This is not dangerous IN ANY WAY. I am leaning towards the Hannshow wheel and I am also planning to add M3 stalks to my build (look out I'm going to kill all the children!). Ryan Huber has taken his MS with an M3 wheel and stalks in for service and they haven't said a word. Dial back the FUD dude. The yoke is a steaming pile of crap (I was able to drive a refresh S) and we are free to make OUR cars more usable if we want to do so. They are OURS. They are not Tesla's and not the NHTSA's.

Seriously, if changing a steering wheel is "frightening" to you, you need to get out more.

Last edited:
Delivery scheduled for tuesday!!!

On the Volvo S60 I ordered today :p
On a more serious note others who are using the volvo cares program while you wait for your X any suggestions/things to watch out for or any complaints at all?
I have had an XC40 Recharge through that program since November and it has been perfect. When I showed up to the dealer they took the first month's payment and had the insurance verification ready. Salesperson gave me a tour of the car, got the app set up on my phone, etc. Within a week they had the plates and registration (will vary by state I'm sure) and I was able to swing by the dealer to pick them up.

Shockingly, I didn't need to show up with a 5 page inspection checklist and be prepared to reject the car do to poor build quality!!!!!

The Recharge comes with an J1771 L2 charger (yes, I know it's an EVSE) that has 14-50 and 5-15 (regular 120V outlet) plugs. Doesn't have Tesla range but it's a City car for us. Car has been rock solid. It's disturbing how much I like the hands-free trunk opening feature by brushing a foot under the rear of the car. I use it even if my hands aren't full. Why can't Tesla do this? I also love the headlights. They are so far above MS headlights I can't even describe it.

Very good one-pedal driving implementation. It will aggressively regen all the way to a stop and hold until you want to go. Good practice for my X - we have always had our S in Creep mode which I believe is now gone from the Refresh models). It's plenty peppy too and did great in the recent snow we had (which being Swedish I was confident it would do fine in snow).

So in all I have been pleasantly surprise and it gives me hope as other OEMs move to build EVs.

Last edited:
Received my MX Plaid last week. Had it ceramic coated and my son decided to have a little video fun with it.
Enjoy…..
Can never get enough of watching the FWD open and close, truly a thing of beauty!
Enjoy…..

I have been tweeting him about this periodically but meh he doesn't really respond to me and it's not like it would change anything past Sawyer's response. If I post a nice beta clip he clicks like lol but if I ask about X ignored.
Thank you for doing what you do. You can only control what you can control. I'm sorry you are in the same boat as the rest of us here. I even asked you about your refreshed X on one of your livestreams. Glad you have the older X to get you to the day your new starship is driving down that dirty and muddy Michigan road...

Hi Everyone. I was a day one order for the Model X Plaid / 5 Seater / FSD. Around October the SA called me and said if I switch to the 6 seater, I could take delivery before the end of 2021. Then my EDD was moved to Jan and now finally it's looking like I will get X around Feb 14th. I'm seeing some people did not pay for the 6 seat configuration change. Is this common? Should I ask my SA about the $6500 charge for the seat change?

Finally last question. My SA called to give me a date of arrival at the service center. After the car arrives at the service center, how long is it till I can take delivery? I'm asking because as you know my SA is impossible to get a hold of.
I'm glad I didn't take their offer and my price increase was only $2,000 for FSD. It's still lower by $17,000 than the current pricing.

I just got an automated survey email from Tesla with subject line: Share Your Tesla Experience. Went to current owners and I let them have it.

I'd feel bad for the guy reading it, but nobody will. What additional features do I want on my model 3? They're on the MX, so give it to me.

My youngest has become potty-trained, and my oldest has learned to read and lost two teeth during these 13 months. At this rate, the utility of the MX's silly doors will shift from getting my kids into the car to my kids getting an old man in.

Pre price increase including the one I ordered on 1/31/21. My conspiracist in me thinks Tesla is bumping really recent orders prior to the price increase to get people to cancel. People who placed their orders saying they were going to get it in October did so to align to that time...i.e and ending lease, or loan approval, wanting to wait until the bugs are worked out of early production, or just ordering now thinking the price would go up, which it did, even if they're not ready for it now.

My wrap guy is 3 months out. I have a tentative appt around October because that WAS the EDD. If Tesla follows through and wants to get it to me next week instead, it will literally be parked in the garage for months while I await availability to get the front wrapped.
A good wrap place will paint correct before wrapping though.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr