Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220212-212912_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20220212-212912_Brave.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: studioloft
got to drive about 250 miles in the plaid on the way to drop it off to be wrapped.. drives a lot nicer than our old X but there’s a strange vibration feeling in the pedals and cabin for the first 30 seconds or so of every drive but then goes away .. not sure if this is normal or not? Heat pump running initially? Honestly have no clue so if anyone else’s is or isn’t doing this let me know.. some squeaks coming from the front suspension as well not sure if this will need service or if things are just settling in.. time will tell.. as for the acceleration it’s almost sickening! It hits harder when you floor it from 80mph on the highway than my performance 3 does from a stand still. I’ll post some photos once the wrap is done!
I get this too in my plaid. Didn’t really know how to explain it but def feel some vibration on the pedal during the first min of driving then goes away. Would also like to know who else is experiencing this.

Reactions: Cutch26
Stro, first let me say how happy I am that you’re finally getting your car.... That is simply a management call. One just needs the right person with the right authorization to override that condition.
The right person Is correctomundo. After two failed attempts to switch my Jan 2021 LR order to Plaid without losing my place in line, the 3rd person was the charm and my original order has been updated.

Reactions: Stro
Had a LR reservation from April '21. Was just seeing "TBD" as the delivery date. Gave up hope on getting it anytime soon.

Needed a bigger car than our old sedan, so last weekend, we decided to order the Model Y Performance which is scheduled to be delivered between March 10-31st. My wife is usually quite indifferent to cars. She feels that car is only to take you from A to B. Incidentally, the Y was the first car that my wife drove where she said "Wow, we should get this car" :) We were very excited for the arrival of our Y.

We sat inside the Plaid S at the showroom and were blow away by the luxurious feeling of the S compared to the Y. And 2 days got an update that our X's timeline has changed to "April 2022". Was quite excited about it too. Have to choose one.
We have the same order month, and still wait for it, my Edd is April too. I got a model Y last year, we love it so much!!! Hope we both can get model X soon!

Hey guys,

So picked up the car yesterday. It was a bit of a circus to start off with. Delivery was scheduled at noon at the factory, then 4pm. Requested 5, so they moved me to 5pm. Get there at 5:45 and they said the car isn’t ready yet and it’ll be ready at 7pm. Had someone take me there to get the car so had to wait at the delivery center and couldn’t leave.

6:50pm and it comes to the main lot in front of the showroom. About 5 people are cleaning the car once it’s parked and put the paper license plate and frame on the car. I asked the person that was part of the delivery team and they stated no production has started on 5 & 7 seaters yet.

It was dark, so couldn’t really inspect it until today. The drive home was amazing. Super smooth, no noise, and glides along the road. Sound system is phenomenal.

Went out and inspected mostly the trim and followed the checklist (thank you for compiling that guys!) Already put the Tesla front floor mats in.

Unfortunately, found one main issue. The FWD is rubbing against the trim/paint of the left side. (Attached photo) so I scheduled a service appointment. Disappointed there.

Another thing is, the passenger side doors don’t open when you press them unless other doors are unlocked. Is that common?

I’ve been here since around page 100 and made my first post around page 140-150. Thank you all so much and wishing everyone a beautiful car delivered to them.

@niogyn if you still want that ride I got you bro! Hope your car is pristine and not one issue!

Almighty @Stro, hope you get a flawless car! Always enjoy your posts, you have a great personality.

Take care everyone!
0AB8F68C-1296-4D08-9A87-D3B7762811ED.jpeg
Yikes... No wonder everybody's paint is crap

View attachment 768384Yikes... No wonder everybody's paint is crap
Yeah this is basic-level training that these folks seem to be lacking. Similarly, my rejected X appeared to have all of the plastic trim pieces cleaned with a harsh solvent. They all looked permanently damaged.

For such expensive assets they seem to be preparing them so haphazardly, causing irreversible harm to these vehicles. I'm honestly dumbfounded.