Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered a MYP and MXLR in October '21. The MYP has been delayed so much (current EDD end of March after initial expectations of mid-December) I was naively thinking "They may end up showing up at the same time." MXLR hasn't been pushed from September yet but it now seems inevitable. I assume we'll end up driving the MYP for a year before the MXLR shows up at this rate.

Thanks for the heads-up. Hate to post “me too” but I didn’t see any 5-seat posts, so… see updated signature. 🙄
Busy morning, forgot to add: I'm very glad we pulled the trigger and purchased the CPO 2018 Model X in December: we need it when our Bowlus arrives next quarter. I'm confident Bowlus won't miss their delivery date, unlike you-know-who...

Reactions: sorka
1/27/21 order date. Moved to July 22 this morning. Thankfully I ordered a model y with a march delivery date.

Tesla hired new quality control people. Model x quality has been horrible for the price so rumor is they are going to be making changes to ensure quality is better hence pushing peoples delivery dates back. Quality may be better but definitely more standardized.
Any source on this?

Reactions: n.one.one and dhuff
My Plaid X was delivered this morning after an 8 month wait. They drove it an hour to me from the delivery center. The woman was in a big hurry to leave. She said the car had none of the issues discussed on the forums such as panel gaps, paint issues, etc. She had me open my app and click accept. Was at my house no more than 2 1/2 minutes before leaving. I haven't even gotten inside the car and there's a five inch crack on the windshield. I immediately called her and asked her to return for the vehicle and she refused. She said, "I've done my job, it's something you'll have to take care of with the service center." I said, you haven't done your job. Your job was to inspect the vehicle and you failed to do that. What recourse do I have?

Congrats on the new car!

I can answer some of these... Yes, USB thumb drive should be in the USB port in the passenger glove box. Service Center should be able to get you a due bill for one. The frunk stopped shipping with a floor mat a few versions ago, sadly.
Thanks for the tip on USB thumb drive. I found it in the passenger glove box. I was looking in the center console, where there is USB C port.

My Plaid X was delivered this morning after an 8 month wait. They drove it an hour to me from the delivery center. The woman was in a big hurry to leave. She said the car had none of the issues discussed on the forums such as panel gaps, paint issues, etc. She had me open my app and click accept. Was at my house no more than 2 1/2 minutes before leaving. I haven't even gotten inside the car and there's a five inch crack on the windshield. I immediately called her and asked her to return for the vehicle and she refused. She said, "I've done my job, it's something you'll have to take care of with the service center." I said, you haven't done your job. Your job was to inspect the vehicle and you failed to do that. What recourse do I have?
Reject the vehicle.. call the 800 customer service number..

Well, at this point call the service center. Let them know exactly what has happened, take as many pictures as possible - make sure there's timestamps. Also video it and include the mileage so they have as little as possible to argue over. Don't move the car until all of that is done. Regardless of the circumstances, the attitude is unacceptable.