Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem is the longer it goes on, the bigger chance that Tesla will make a major change and cancel the existing orders and allow you to order again without losing your place in line but at the higher price. They've done this multiple times throughout history and most recently with X orders placed before the refresh came out.
They’ve done this multiple times? 🤔

you can get a loan for 1.35%, you don't need to put it in equity markets and still beat that and be ahead tax adjusted.
Where? List some near zero risk vehicles that will guarantee you enough more than the loan rate to even make it worth your time.

If you're talking small amounts, then you could stick $20K ($10K per ssn / per year assuming you and your spouse) into i-bonds which are at 7 something percent, but I'm assuming everyone has already maxed that out. I know I did.

People with a lot of money usually finance or lease things in order to keep their liquid cash invested. Paying cash for a depreciating asset that doesn’t give you returns is a terrible financial move… wealthy people don’t pay their own cash for anything.
Right. We live in a fiat currency system and cash is a depreciating asset. Paying with credit partially negates this depreciation and allows you to invest cash into appreciating equities.

Or something to that effect. I’m not a financial advisor nor philosopher by training. 😝

People with a lot of money usually finance or lease things in order to keep their liquid cash invested. Paying cash for a depreciating asset that doesn’t give you returns is a terrible financial move… wealthy people don’t pay their own cash for anything.

Not true when the amount of cash is small compared to your total invested networth. Leasing can make sense under some circumstances. I only pay cash for anything these days because the amount that I spend is smaller than low risk portion of my portfolio so for me makes more sense to liquify from that end than to take out a loan. The last investment property I bought I also paid cash. My offer wasn't the highest either but it beat out those that were financing.

Just got off the phone with service. They said it left the service center with no damage. They said it's a service issue now since I clicked accept, and no longer a delivery issue. I explained this car wouldn't even pass inspection in the State of Texas as safe to drive. Super annoying to spend $135k and to be in this position. Delivery personnel said they will no longer be taking my call, "we've done our job."
Why did you accept the 135k car without fully inspecting it? Bc she was in a hurry to go? I hate to say it but you weren’t too smart to do that.

Reactions: groundy
ju
Considering not a single 5-seat variation of the MX has been produced and many of us are waiting on 6-seaters with the same July "estimate", I wouldn't get my hopes up that even July is likely for your build. I wouldn't be surprised if the 5 seater is cancelled.
the best thing for Tesla is to cancel the 5 or 7 seat entirely which will force everyone to update the design and pay the new increased price in full.
sheeps will do that and pay full price as it is today...I won't since I don't think the car is worth more than what I ordered it for.

In the order agreement it specifically says they can cancel the order is they discontinue a product or change a feature so even if they add an additional USB connection...they can cancel your order or force you to pay 10-15k more than the original order.

I understand delays but canceling an order without offering a MAJOR discount to change configuration is just bad business adequate.

I'm pretty sure those are NOT the new taillights. The ones on the S no longer have that center trim piece extending into the taillights. I would assume they would do the same on the X.

I do hope this big delay means we're getting the updated headlights and taillights. Definitely not 4680s though. It will be MANY years before S/X see 4680s. It will be after Y, 3, CT, Roadster, and Semi are all in production w/ 4680s.

Not true when the amount of cash is small compared to your total invested networth. Leasing can make sense under some circumstances. I only pay cash for anything these days because the amount that I spend is smaller than low risk portion of my portfolio so for me makes more sense to liquify from that end than to take out a loan. The last investment property I bought I also paid cash. My offer wasn't the highest either but it beat out those that were financing.
Just because you personally don’t do it does not mean what I’m saying is not true…. It’s widely known and it’s economics 101… I get it you don’t agree with it and that’s perfectly fine you can handle your finances however you’d like… but it doesn’t mean it’s the optimal or correct way to do it…. I have a feeling there’s no convincing you though since several people have tried already and you seem stubborn and set in your opinion. So let’s just agree to disagree. I can recommend several books from folks who are very wealthy and back up what I’m saying, but I suspect that wouldn’t make a difference to you so I won’t waste my time.

They moved almost everyone here to July. Do you really believe that can make that many cars in July? This is just another lie and the total disrespect to their customers. Sometimes - actually, very often - I think that Tesla hates their customers.
This is true.........like I said earlier I wouldn't be surprised if half of us got our cars in 2023. At this point anything is possible.....A year ago I never would've thought

Reactions: Elixir