Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe some hope for you all..

My Jan 14 2021 always 6 seat LR got bumped to July today. Absolutely LIT up my DA. He had the stock answer.

Tonight, I got an EMAIL - VIN available.

5YJXCBE58MF3265xx

Delivery window before end of Feb.
How do you feel about having a 2021 VIN?

This is a major concern for me. I know there are no differences in a 2021 vehicle vs a 2022 vehicle, but I hate the idea of getting a car that's been sitting in that test track field baking in the sun for the last several months. Plus when the time comes to sell or trade-in this car, your resale value will most likely be lower than if you had a 2022 model.

Reactions: Elixir
Looks like your from NJ too. I’m down close to Philly. Do you mind sharing where you got the quotes from? I tried a place that has a location in Williamsburg and Marlton… $12,000
Omg! They are totally ripping you off. Check out

They are absolutely amazing and everybody raves about their work here in North Jersey… the owner Felix is the best. I put a deposit down to have my X wrapped with them when it comes in. Total will be $6000 and I just put $500 down to hold my spot as they are really busy…. But he said as soon as I take delivery they’ll fit me in. And the absolute best part is that you get a Tesla loaner to use while they work on your car for any job over $4k.

Another really good spot is: illmatic Wraps - Vinyl Wraps | Xpel PPF | Paint Protection Film | Xpel | Clear Bra

Same price I believe but no loaner. But they do amazing work. A few athletes and celebrities take their cars there

No real concern. It’s February. For all we know this car was made in early December and waiting for final components for a few months until now. It’s still a car that in any other time would be a depreciating asset, so the slight difference from a 21 to 22 is pretty minimal in the long run to me. (Was only worried about it being a reject, but has 21 miles on the docs so far it says)

I’ll do a thorough check before accepting. At 13, almost 14 months in, I’m not worried if I end up declining it and wait again. I didn’t expect it before at least end of Q1.

Just again some hope for those who got pushed back that there is still SOME progress being made.

No real concern. It’s February. For all we know this car was made in early December and waiting for final components for a few months until now. It’s still a car that in any other time would be a depreciating asset, so the slight difference from a 21 to 22 is pretty minimal in the long run to me. (Was only worried about it being a reject, but has 21 miles on the docs so far it says)

I’ll do a thorough check before accepting. At 13, almost 14 months in, I’m not worried if I end up declining it and wait again. I didn’t expect it before at least end of Q1.

Just again some hope for those who got pushed back that there is still SOME progress being made.
Tesla changed to 2022 VINs in early November. Best case your car was built first week of November, worst case, it was built second half of October. The time on the dirty test track with sand around it and the battery sitting idle with unknown SOC for 4+ months would worry me more than 21 vs 22 model year. I hope its a perfect car should you accept it.

Reactions: EV3_ and Elixir

Thx but doesn’t provide any hope to me…. As has been noted, this is one of the few left from the fist batch… doesn’t mean they are actually producing any MXLR cars at this point and I wouldn’t take a 2021 VIN at this point bc it means it’s from the October build and has been sitting outside in the sun for 4 months… no thx…

4680's possibly = more range i wonder?
Saying this makes me feel like a pessimist, but why do people immediately think they're going to get something better when all the glaring data is present that we aren't? They can't get an effing door they've been making for 6 years right. There's nothing secret here. Tesla signed a contract for 2170s and they are going to stick them in low-volume cars until the contract is up. What did we learn from the 2016 presidential election... if it walks like a duck...

Someone mentioned a few pages ago they’re considering removing FSD especially since the cnbc review. For those, please take that with a grain of (skeptic) salt:
this guy freaks me out more than watching the original video. A total stockholder sycophant who can’t see the forest through the trees. I ordered FSD to try to get my car sooner. I’m not wasting a dime on that software. As I stated in my earlier post, once I have my VIN I’m dropping it like a hot rock. I don’t see FSD being a reality for several years. Federal and state regulators are going to make it very difficult to launch as a final product. IMHO

The way the game is played.... Tesla will get their supply issues resolved and Elon will resign from the company because of their poor communication. They will hire someone new who will improve the communication (which will not be hard to do). Everyone will rave about how much better Tesla is and sales will continue to climb. Just my thoughts.