Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To all - I'm OUT!!! Have had it - keeping my P3 with FSD Beta - Dumped orders on both Plaid S and X - given the quality upon delivery, the vibrations that don't go away, and the FSD Beta not close to full functionality... It is time to move-on... Good luck to all...
I am nearly out, but heck I'm only in for $100, so to keep watching is worth that much, Yeah I'd like to replace my 2018 coming off warranty. Maybe ultimately for a Model Y, which I kinda like anyway.

Just found this thread a week ago after wondering how accurate my "February 2022" EDD was - lol. Not surprised when it finally jumped to July today along with everyone else.
MXLR, 7 seater, 22in, Blue, FSD ; ordered 8/21

We're looking for a 7 seater EV and I had heard great reviews of the Rivian truck but research just led me to put a deposit down on an RS1. Not expecting the RS1 to be delivered before the X...but will be fun to see where my head is once the Model X is ready for delivery.

Some thoughts RS1 vs MXLR :
- Was concerned about MX in the Colorado snow, Rivian seems to be better built for mountain driving
- Tried to get tires swapped in December when I realized my mistake in ordering the expensive performance times by emailing my Tesla Advisor - the only contact I had at Tesla, 3x, never a response - he still works there, I looked him up on LinkedIn just in case he switched jobs. My customer service experience with Tesla mirrors everyone else here - piss poor
- I like Rivian bench seating better than Model X 5/7 seater middle row
- I've been in a Tesla X so I feel like I know what I'm getting, I have no idea how/where to see an Rs1 in person
- Love the idea of the MXLR range, tech, etc - but RS1 is cheaper and still eligible for the $7500 tax rebate

Just got bumped to July EDD from April. It’s like 2021 all over again. Ha. This can’t be a placeholder unless all 7 seaters were moved to July EDD. Maybe that’s when they think supply chain issues will lift? Any other 5/7 seaters get moved to a different date?

W/w/7/20/FSD originally ordered November 2020
Me, too, but it’s a six seater. I don’t remember when I ordered it.

Actually, the same thing happened when I ordered my Plaid S: indeterminate date, suddenly it moved multiple months away, two days later I suddenly had a date range, and then shortly after a VIN. Or something like that.

I am so
I hope that lot never fills back up. Hopefully this means they are close to done with the Plaid backlog since Jan 2022 plaid orders are starting to get EDD’s. Maybe once there are Plaids in inventory they will start producing LR’s again!
I am so worried that my February 21 to March 14 Supposed delivery date for my LR is one of those remaining dusty vehicles. I know I should feel lucky, but I am also quite nervous. It’s either take a 2021 or take a seat at the back of the line like everybody else.

B5C0AF58-FC7B-4619-81F5-C63F25C86D13.jpeg

My favorite installer in the Bay Area quoted me $1595 full front for the refresh X. Basically bumper, front fenders, hood, and side mirrors. Edges fully wrapped. Door edges included. Doesn't include A pillars or windshield. My price is a discount for being a repeat customer.

He's done both Xpel Ultimate Plus and Suntek Ultra for me.

Opps. Forgot it also includes headlights and fogs.

Hi Sorka, do you mind sharing the contact for your installer? I would like to get my MXP done as well, thanks!