Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all the NHTSA action towards Tesla, I just removed FSD from my X order. I have a feeling it's going to heat up and FSD beta will be gone for a while and we will see another end of next year promise. Also glad a few VINS have gone out or delivery estimates. I saw two white refreshes on a truck today with a bunch of Y's. I couldn't see any badging on either, do the LR's not have the dual motor badge?

Reactions: Elixir
So here's a fun problem I'm hoping some of our fellow IL members can offer some advice on... my IL license expired this month. I can't renew it because NY (where I lived ~15 years ago) suspended my driving privileges for not paying a $25 fee I knew nothing about when I moved. I've done all the paperwork to un-**** that, but the NY DMV currently has a > 1 month backlog for processing that paperwork.

If I can't get my license renewed in time, I'm trying to figure out how I can still buy the car and register it in my wife's name (and just change the registration when my license is sorted). Tesla SA is telling me it's not possible, that even as a co-signer on the loan I'd have to provide a valid license/be a registrant. Is this possible through 3rd party financing? I could probably even buy the car in cash if I absolutely had to... but I'd really rather not. Has anyone ever had a situation where you needed to "buy" the car for someone else... how did you handle it?

My wife has the credit score to get a decent loan, but probably not the income by herself...
You can purchase a car with just a state ID or a passport so that is not the issue. The problem is you will not be able to transfer or get a license plate without a valid driver's license/ insurance. You will not be allowed to pick up your car without been able to issue a plate.

But honestly that txt was just a big TEASE.....like why txt me out the blue with information I can already see -_- and then not even txt back lol.........ughhhhhhjhhhhhh! The txt makes me even more anxious
Did they text *while* you were calling? Maybe they knew you were calling and it was a “stop calling me” text haha. If so that’s maybe good news that they know people are calling looking for them VINs. Haha.

whats crazy is I was just calling the tesla customer service when a txt popped up from a California area code. My vin has to be up next. Dude above me ^ just got a vin and I just got a txt from cali lol View attachment 770527

This was mine a few days ago before switching back to October.
Screenshot_20220210-070344_Tesla.jpg

So today I called Fremont, a guy said my Edd is July, and he didn’t know when my car will come. I’m so regret to reject the 2021 VIN two weeks before😭. Hope they can make it end of quarter.
I checked right after you rejected and the car was already gone. It was quick. Anyways demand is very high so one rejects, the other person will take it. Hopefully, July stays.

Reactions: Yakkodot
C

Can they legally do that? I mean I am asking honestly. Didn’t we sign a virtual contract? I’m so confused. Feb 2021 order. Is there a chance they just can never deliver any model x to us?
They tried to raise the price of my Tesla roof by about 75% and I just refused to accept that. Ultimately they were forced by a law suit (not mine) to install the roofs at the agreed price. They have occasionally just never delivered specific versions of cars, I think standard range Model 3s if I remember correctly. I don't remember Tesla ever refusing to deliver cars because you were paying too little compared to the current price.

Reactions: Inflighttodd
Exactly. I really don't mind the wait. But I absolutely hate the quality lottery. I honestly did not expect these fit and finish concerns on one of their flagship models when I placed my order and committed to this wait.

I'm a shareholder too, and this entire experience is truly making me reconsider holding the stock. Yes, their quarterly targets are being met, but from a brand point-of-view the current model is simply unsustainable. If (when?) I cancel my X order I'm all but certainly never going to consider a Tesla ever again. And I know I'm not alone.
Our stock ownership today has really not much to do with the S and X, and almost everything to do with the Y and 3. And the Tesla solar. And especially the Tesla energy biz. And the Tesla battery biz. And the Tesla insurance. And the... nev mind you get what I'm saying.

Last edited: