Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X finally shipped from Fremont to Portland and I scheduled delivery for this Sunday. Yesterday, got a call that it was ready early and asked if I wanted to pick it up. I told them I would be there by 4pm and then they emailed me back to let me know the detailers had discovered that the small top glass on one of the FWDs was cracked, so they’d have to order a new one. How the hell does someone manage to crack the glass on the top of an FWD between production and delivery? Just seems careless to me, but wouldn’t expect anything different than just one more delay from Tesla.
Fortunately, the glass actually arrived quickly and I should still be able to pick the X up on Sunday. I’ll believe it when I get there and see it sitting in front of me though. And then, you can bet I’ll be giving it a thorough inspection before accepting delivery. Fingers crossed that over a year after ordering, I’ve finally reached the last delay.

Did you initiate the trade-in after you got your VIN or you added it in again as part of your order recently but before the VIN? I removed my trade-in of my 2018 M3 since it was $32K and dealers are offering me $40K. Wondering if a trade-in helps or hurts my delivery and if they’ll bump up their offer like what happened to you.
Tesla called me asking if I would be interested in doing a trade-in after I had submitted payment. I think they need more used cars. So it didn’t affect anything to answer your question.

Reactions: kerchan
792FA702-BCF4-474B-A1A6-1B8FC96925C3.jpeg

Now it changed to “Check back later” not “ we are building your car”. I already knew that they were not building my car.

I flirted with this. The thing is just a bit dork. Square G-Wagon good-- not so sure yet on the Rivian. Maybe I'll get used to it, or better yet just wait on my Cybertruck.
I have to agree. I want to like it more. That said, while the MX is much better looking, I have always thought it kinda looks like a whale. Someone took a bike pump and inflated the MS. I felt like the interior experience was so amazing that I didn’t care how ugly it looked from the outside. You know - we are all beautiful on the inside. 😜

Quick update. My MYP order, which was to hold me over till the X came in, received a VIN yesterday. Scheduled delivery March 4 - 7. This morning to my surprise, my X order received a VIN. Scheduled delivery is March 4 - March 8. I'll be in Houston then so I was already planning on rescheduling the pick up to the following weekend for the Y. Now I'll be rescheduling the X order for pick up the following week but will keep the Y order but delay it for a month or 2. I was given a Fremont VIN for that. Would like to get a Austin built Y if I can since the X will be here. Finally some light at the end of the tunnel.

Model Y VIN 7SAYGDEF5NF38XXXX
Model X VIN 7SAXCBE5XNF33XXXX