Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My X finally shipped from Fremont to Portland and I scheduled delivery for this Sunday. Yesterday, got a call that it was ready early and asked if I wanted to pick it up. I told them I would be there by 4pm and then they emailed me back to let me know the detailers had discovered that the small top glass on one of the FWDs was cracked, so they’d have to order a new one. How the hell does someone manage to crack the glass on the top of an FWD between production and delivery? Just seems careless to me, but wouldn’t expect anything different than just one more delay from Tesla.
Fortunately, the glass actually arrived quickly and I should still be able to pick the X up on Sunday. I’ll believe it when I get there and see it sitting in front of me though. And then, you can bet I’ll be giving it a thorough inspection before accepting delivery. Fingers crossed that over a year after ordering, I’ve finally reached the last delay.
Make sure you inspect the car inside out, I heard so many build quality issues, paint, babdy panel alignment issues, missing screw, lose panels and seal.

I swear to God these Tesla Advisors are the team that can’t shoot straight. I went to the service center to ask a few questions and perhaps look at the Model Y I just put a $500 deposit down on. The Tesla advisor set me down and said he could answer any and all questions that I had. Ask questions about how long it would take for them to process the car in order for me to close on the sale, I asked where was the car in hopes that I could take a look at it.

The Tesla advisor looking at the order said “this car has full self driving, do you want full self driving?“ And I said actually no I do not. And he said “no problem, I’ll take that off for you. That will save you $12,000.“ I was Ecstatic, I was always under the impression that once FSD was attached it could not be removed.

And as the old expression goes don’t count your chickens until they hatch. 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Only moments ago I received a call from a Tesla advisor from Fremont headquarters asking if I had any questions about the used Model Y I put a deposit down on. I told him I’d like to have a clear understanding of how long it would take to sort out the paperwork in order to finalize the sale. I told him I was concerned it was taking all day to get a trade-in offer amount, for it was much quicker when I ordered my model X which I was still waiting for after a year. Lastly I asked how long will it take to process removing FST and reflecting the new price minus $12,000.

The Tesla advisor on the phone went silent. Then he stated firmly “we do not remove FSD from vehicles for which it’s been attached”. And I told him I was under the same impression but his colleague informed me that he personally was putting in the request to remove FSD. We went round and round and round on how it isn’t the customers fault when the employee introduces the idea of removing FSD and the customer agrees to it. I explained I never asked for FSD to be removed, the idea was presented by the Tesla advisor and I watched him type out something to get the ball rolling to remove FSD.

After giving me the Stonewall over and over and over again I asked him to look at my order and to see if the advisor who I sat with made any request for changes in notes. He said there were notes which stated “get trade in evaluation, remove FSD and check on supercharger referral points”. I explain to him that I’m not the one that typed those notes, it was a Tesla employee. He told me FSD was being removed, $12,000 was coming off the cost of my used model Y. Again the advisor said it’s impossible to remove FSD, and I stated that’s not my problem. If you don’t remove FSD I don’t care but you will reduce the price of the car by $12,000 as agreed to in my conversation with your colleague. Flip the switch don’t flip the switch doesn’t bother me but you are reducing the price.

He stated he would escalate it up to a senior manager. I said please do and I want you to include the name of the associate who I spoke with, his complete notes. And your notes on this call.

To be honest, they’re not going to reduce the price. The car will still have FSD on it. And I will be even angrier over an entirely new car like I have been for the model X. My wife has been telling me, we need to cut bait with Tesla and just buy another regular car. Not sure how this will play out in the end.
This is a fake story. It is software. They deactivate it all the time with an over the air update. If you have noticed, they put it on all the "available inventory" cars to try and boost margins. I purchased a Model S Plaid that had FSD. It was removed via software update, I paid them and drove off. Same way you can subscribe and unsubscribe to monthly FSD - Which is a waaaaaaay better deal by the way at $199 per month than paying $12k up front.

• Love
Reactions: sorka and UCF3
After Tesla called me, I drove to my local BMW dealership. I asked to see the X7 and they had zero in stock. I asked for an X6. They had one in stock but used. They did have two X5s but meh. I asked how long it would take to get one here if I ordered one right now. He said “unlike Tesla, our estimates are accurate. And it’d be here within 5 months.” I almost gave him my money.

If my MX has defects, I’m done with Tesla.
Good luck. The one I rejected was so bad I was surprised they even bothered to call me to pick it up. When I told them it had a bunch of defects, the SAs all acted surprised... at first. Told me they thought it was "perfect".

I think declaring it "perfect" might be standard operating procedure at this point. Gets the buyer all jazzed. I'm sure some extra-excited (and not yet jaded) buyers don't even bother to truly look over the car, at least enough to get them past the 100 mile limit.

If Tasla can't build a single 5 seater Model X for 2 years, I think SpaceX isn't going to Mars in this century despite them telling that this gonna happen next year.

Why would they build a 5 seater? 7 seater is more profitable. I don’t think we’ll see a 5 seater for at least a year at best.

The question is when will they build a 7 seater.

Also note, I ordered a 5 seater like an idiot.

Reactions: msjodilynn1
Why would they build a 5 seater? 7 seater is more profitable. I don’t think we’ll see a 5 seater for at least a year at best.

The question is when will they build a 7 seater.

Also note, I ordered a 5 seater like an idiot.
By this logic, why would they build a 7 seater when the 6 seater is more profitable?

If Tasla can't build a single 5 seater Model X for 2 years, I think SpaceX isn't going to Mars in this century despite them telling that this gonna happen next year.
Despite the Elon connection Tesla and SpaceX are 2 different companies with different sets of engineers. I think the build quality on a rocket is much more of a priority

By this logic, why would they build a 7 seater when the 6 seater is more profitable?

Because there is a mass of buyers looking for a utility vehicle with more storage (than the 6 seater provides). Only the 5/7 provide this. The 5 seater provides virtually the same storage as the 7. So why build it.

Again, I ordered a 5 seater. I just don’t see any reason for them to build it at this point. Which is why I have a 2nd 6 seat Plaid order.

Because there is a mass of buyers looking for a utility vehicle with more storage (than the 6 seater provides). Only the 5/7 provide this. The 5 seater provides virtually the same storage as the 7. So why build it.

Again, I ordered a 5 seater. I just don’t see any reason for them to build it at this point. Which is why I have a 2nd 6 seat Plaid order.
The 5 passenger has significantly more storage space under the deck in back where the third row is stored. The second row is nearly identical in the 5 and 7, so there is no significant difference between the 5 and 7, except not including the third row, and reduced (simpler) HVAC. I think they will build the 5 along with the 7. Meantime I’ll keep driving my 2018 5 passenger.

This is a fake story. It is software. They deactivate it all the time with an over the air update. If you have noticed, they put it on all the "available inventory" cars to try and boost margins. I purchased a Model S Plaid that had FSD. It was removed via software update, I paid them and drove off. Same way you can subscribe and unsubscribe to monthly FSD - Which is a waaaaaaay better deal by the way at $199 per month than paying $12k up front.
I assure you my story is not fake. And exactly what you stated happened for you is what I want to happen for me. I am simply informing the group of the chaos that I’m having to deal with. Watch who you accuse of sharing fake information.

After Tesla called me, I drove to my local BMW dealership. I asked to see the X7 and they had zero in stock. I asked for an X6. They had one in stock but used. They did have two X5s but meh. I asked how long it would take to get one here if I ordered one right now. He said “unlike Tesla, our estimates are accurate. And it’d be here within 5 months.” I almost gave him my money.

If my MX has defects, I’m done with Tesla.
I went to check out an X7 yesterday as well! None in stock but two on the way so I’m heading back next week.

Reactions: Yakkodot and Stro
Make sure you inspect the car inside out, I heard so many build quality issues, paint, babdy panel alignment issues, missing screw, lose panels and seal.
When I received mine, there were two very heavy duty bolts sitting in the cup holder. No one from service could figure out where they should have went or came from but they were sufficiently heavy duty with loctite to cause them concern. Eventually they just said trust them it’s nothing. 😔

When I received mine, there were two very heavy duty bolts sitting in the cup holder. No one from service could figure out where they should have went or came from but they were sufficiently heavy duty with loctite to cause them concern. Eventually they just said trust them it’s nothing. 😔
Like, how does stuff like this go unnoticed from production, transportation, inspection and delivery? so weird

Reactions: Elixir