Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alrighty. As promised, I am willing to meet members here on the 6th of March (Sunday) if anyone is interested in checking out X for things you may be curious about. Maybe even drive around, but can't punch it as I'm trying to get back into beta (lol). For our Austin peeps, I could meet you guys over there the following Saturday (12th of March) for the same concept. As to where, it's TBD. For Houston, I was thinking the Westheimer SC as there is a Benihana next to it and that sound delicious.

The reason for being so far back is that I'm hoping that I can get the tint and PPF done in time before traveling to Austin as I don't want chips.

We could meet at the Austin SC. It's right off the Spicewood Springs/McNeil exit on 183. Super easy to get to. :)

Alrighty. As promised, I am willing to meet members here on the 6th of March (Sunday) if anyone is interested in checking out X for things you may be curious about. Maybe even drive around, but can't punch it as I'm trying to get back into beta (lol). For our Austin peeps, I could meet you guys over there the following Saturday (12th of March) for the same concept. As to where, it's TBD. For Houston, I was thinking the Westheimer SC as there is a Benihana next to it and that sound delicious.

The reason for being so far back is that I'm hoping that I can get the tint and PPF done in time before traveling to Austin as I don't want chips.
Wish I could be there!

Reactions: Stro
You know the funny thing about all the competition “catching up” to tesla in 3, 4, 5 years etc is that this assumes Tesla stands still and does nothing. They won’t..competition is trying to catch a moving target that is still innovating and investing in R&D and vertical integration.

I personally think it will be the 2030s until we see serious erosion of teslas market share. Remember the EV market as a whole is growing faster than Tesla can ramp up volume so Tesla can sell as many cars as it can make while on paper having a shrinking percentage of overall EV sales.

I know this is off topic but my EDD is still July and I have zero hope since I ordered a 5 seater.
The last line of your comment is the key to Teslas problem. The technology will always be superior because of the engineers. The problem is vehicle assembly, customer service, and repair. Eventually people like you and I willing to sit and wait around for five seater wI’ll get their cars. They’ll work through the backlog. When all the Tesla Fanboys, and early adopters, have their cars they’re going to need to attract regular customers. And regular customers aren’t going to wait w9th zero hope that their car have some day. It’s like customer service is a badly engineered part and it’s gonna grind them to a halt until it’s redesigned, redeployed and continuously improved. IMHO

Ugh I have a 2/10 build date plaid scheduled for delivery early march and I'm thinking of rejecting it and waiting for the next VIN so I can get the new features. Matrix headlight, new charge port, new badge, what else? Is this worth it? My old X is being sold on the 26th
But then after that, there may be laser windshield wipers, hover mode, wireless charging…😆😂

What are you asking for it?
1645578817121.png

Our order was placed January 28, 2021.
  • Model X Long Range
  • Midnight Silver Metallic
  • 22'' Turbine Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
  • Six Seat Interior
  • Yoke Steering Wheel
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Pay-as-you-go Supercharging
Estimated delivery date was recently June 2022. Yesterday it changed to March 7-31, 2022. We figured this might be helpful information to some of you waiting.

Does anybody know if there are interior colors that are getting vins faster? I remember with the Model S ramp last year they had trouble with white interiors and people who switched to black were getting vins soon after that.

Now I feel like white and cream interiors are all getting the vins while black interiors are the ones backordered.

Reactions: Edtreo
Our order was placed January 28, 2021.
  • Model X Long Range
  • Midnight Silver Metallic
  • 22'' Turbine Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
  • Six Seat Interior
  • Yoke Steering Wheel
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Pay-as-you-go Supercharging
Estimated delivery date was recently June 2022. Yesterday it changed to March 7-31, 2022. We figured this might be helpful information to some of you waiting.
Thanks. This trend of fulfilling 6 seaters tells the tale that the "interior trim" is likely 5/7 seat parts issue.

Does anybody know if there are interior colors that are getting vins faster? I remember with the Model S ramp last year they had trouble with white interiors and people who switched to black were getting vins soon after that.

Now I feel like white and cream interiors are all getting the vins while black interiors are the ones backordered.
I just got my MX and I have black interior. But here is the sheet to look for more details: