Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do the refreshed S/X have radar?
They did. Apparently, that is changing quickly in Elon’s quest to prove vision is superior. Coincidentally, margins and phantom braking will increase, as they have in the newer 3/Ys. I thought of radar, like I have on my 2018 model 3, as a pro, even as I beta-tested EAP for a couple years. I knew this change was inevitable b/c FSD beta disabled radar, but it’s disappointing it’s happening now to me personally.

I’ve ordered 2 model Y’s before and this happened when I recieved my model Y performance recently. If you scroll real fast from one car to another and these numbers appear it seems like you get an EDD within the next 2 weeks. This happened when I got an fake EDD when I ordered a plaid recently as well. It’s weird bc this is for my 5 seat Model X LR. If I get a EDD then it will confirm the theory.

762D5EED-52CD-4F2D-ABE5-19DEC91EEB64.jpeg

I’m sorry. I just caught the edge of this radar removal talk… is this for sure or a rumor?
I really really really hate the fact that my new model Y doesn’t have radar…. Was really hoping my X would have it.
For sure they’ve removed on new builds though not sure what the cut off date is and not sure it matters as they are likely to stop using the radar in legacy vehicles anyway

Love that video too and shared it wildly at the time. Truly amazing. Soon, rocket refresh beta will remove radar and all human oversight beyond the rear-facing cameras because vision can see through clouds even when pilots are facing space at multiple Gs. Lives are at stake. Sorry pilots, but you will become obsolete. #plaid

I have designated myself as the bitter beer face of this forum now. I’m owning it.
What the heck!??! January 2021 order in the Bay Area and no VIN yet?!?! My hope is further dwindling......What does your current EDD say? July?

What the heck!??! January 2021 order in the Bay Area and no VIN yet?!?! My hope is further dwindling......What does your current EDD say? July?

And pre-announcement. Unbelievable. Was 2/22-3/20 date range w/o a VIN for a week and just reverted back to July overnight. How did you know...? Maybe I pissed off an employee lurker *tin foil hat off*.

Was going to do this after my last post, but going back into lurker mode. Sadly, posting seems to amplify my negative experience.

Good luck everyone.