Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can't is what he said. So if you want to have cruise control, you HAVE to set it to two clicks, that way one click is cruise control. Kinda silly if you ask me, but it's the Tesla Way.
I didn’t know the two click option would do cruise control then autopilot. I assumed it was to keep from accidentally turning it on. I like they have an option for autopilot without cc now.

I had a close call on the Raven X with driving off a no shoulder two lane road when I disabled autopilot by putting a tiny bit too much pressure on the wheel on a curve. The autopilot went off but the cc kept the car at speed. No other cars were around but it was enough to wish the cc would go off when autopilot went off.

• Love
Reactions: DelPhonic1 and Stro
In my wife’s MYLR, I do not think CC is impacted when changing lanes. Just AP. Once you get in the next lane, re-engage AP. Maybe MX is different.

For what’s it worth. This is my 3rd rail. I constantly complain about this. I feel having the ability to change lanes keeping AP engaged should be included in basic AP. I am fine with auto lane change being exclusive to FSD.
I think once FSD is closer to actual FSD, they will move this feature down to AP. For now, they need to show a difference between AP and FSD to get people to cough up $12k.
Do the refreshed S/X have radar?
Not any more. Per this thread:

And pre-announcement. Unbelievable. Was 2/22-3/20 date range w/o a VIN for a week and just reverted back to July overnight. How did you know...? Maybe I pissed off an employee lurker *tin foil hat off*.

Was going to do this after my last post, but going back into lurker mode. Sadly, posting seems to amplify my negative experience.

Good luck everyone.

If you think you are a bit salty, see what Kim has to say about her 5th delay on her MX order, now July:

Took delivery of our LR X yesterday in KC. I'm sorry to disappoint but the car was nearly flawless 😁

I'd post pictures but I have not had to time to wash the car since the drive home and I do not plan on getting it out in this sleet/ice storm for a few days. The only issue is the drivers side door being misaligned by maybe 3 mm. No other panel gaps, paint or trim issues I could see. No issues with the interior at all. I'll update my row on the spreadsheet.

I'll mention a few pros and a con of the car as someone who has never owned a Tesla before.
  • 250kw supercharging is unbelievably fantastic. I hope they upgrade all the older 120/150 superchargers to this standard.
  • The sound system is insane. My in-laws have a couple higher end German cars and neither come close to the X.
  • 0-60 time in the LR is plenty for me. I'm not mature enough for plaid. What I haven't seen user post yet is how much power the LR motors still have at highway speeds. Its almost not fair how easy it is to accelerate from 65 to 85 to pass something that is driving dangerously (like a semi truck swerving)
  • The only con and might be user error. Does autopilot have to disengage to simply change lanes? (did not buy FSD). I'm trying to understand why the car cannot keep the speed while I initiate the turn signal and change lanes. My 2021 F-150 can do this while disengaging its auto steer function that automatically reengages once the lane change is complete. Before you ask, yes autopilot is better at every other auto steer or driving function than the F-150.
Please speak more on the sound system

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
And pre-announcement. Unbelievable. Was 2/22-3/20 date range w/o a VIN for a week and just reverted back to July overnight. How did you know...? Maybe I pissed off an employee lurker *tin foil hat off*.

Was going to do this after my last post, but going back into lurker mode. Sadly, posting seems to amplify my negative experience.

Good luck everyone.

I mean, sorry if i get your hopes up, but if you look at Feb '21 and earlier 6 seat orders in CA from the spread sheet, there are a lot of people without deliveries, but as far as I can tell most of them there is no one with a matching username on this forum (all the red names), or they don't post at all, so i am suspicious that these people just never bothered coming back to fill in their status. It is basically you and @DelPhonic1 that don't have your cars yet. Might want to poke your SA.

Edit: i realize after that my technique of searching the forum for user name doesn't actually show anything unless apparently someone quotes or @'s them, so i'll do this again looking for actual user names.

Edit 2: I updated the graphic after spelunking the forum. Several users had deliveries and never updated the sheet so i filled in their info. Red names are ones that don't have a forum username, or haven't posted recently. Purple names are the ones that are active and haven't taken delivery.

1645721928375.png

Attachments

• 1645720720618.png
    1645720720618.png
    942.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
I didn’t know the two click option would do cruise control then autopilot. I assumed it was to keep from accidentally turning it on. I like they have an option for autopilot without cc now.

I had a close call on the Raven X with driving off a no shoulder two lane road when I disabled autopilot by putting a tiny bit too much pressure on the wheel on a curve. The autopilot went off but the cc kept the car at speed. No other cars were around but it was enough to wish the cc would go off when autopilot went off.
I've talked about this as well. So exasperating to have CC hit the gas when in your head you had just taken over. Thanks guys for the tip.

Reactions: SteveinATX
Well, that's what I thought too. But us lay men in this area are basing everything we know on our eyes and what our video cameras show us. But this article is very enlightening. Tesla is doing 3D imaging and can piece together elements that it learns from visual view of the fog.

In fact, just 10 days ago, I drove through really thick fog. As I hit the fog the FSDbeta 80mph limit dropped to 60mph with a caution note of fog on screen lowering my speed to 60. I was barely comfortable with that as I was barely able to see a truck way in the distance, but only a basic outline of the rear. Apparently the cameras saw that too. And so I left it on 60mph and then as fog cleared, it climbed back to 80. So, the car is trained on fog, somehow.

Admittedly, some of this article is out of my comfort zone. But I learned a bit about 3D imaging and how Tesla is using it. Only pieces of the view are needed. Take a read, and good summary in last 3 paragraphs. I learned something, maybe you will too. I did read it 3x.

I'm sure Tesla can do all kinds of clever vision processing with what they can see and I'm sure the cameras can see something easier in the dark than people can. Even if Tesla had FLIR sensor, dense fog is completely opaque to infrared. No visual camera can see through dense fog. I'm talking the kind of Central Valley fog that literally reduces visibility to 10 where taillights can't be seen at 20 feet. Radar is completely unaffected in this case.

Reactions: retco
Do the refreshed S/X have radar?

Not on S. I think it's still on X for now. I'm really hoping that radar is still there when new headlights go into production. Even better would be to get an MXP with radar, new headlights, and round steering wheel. I'd pay extra for a round steering wheel. I'd pay even more for traditional stalks.