Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone rejected a VIN and gotten a new one quickly after? I rejected my M3P vin and received one 4 days later. Rejected another and got one in 5 days. Does the same apply for a plaid X? I have a VIN with build date 2/10 but I am thinking of rejecting the VIN and waiting for a new one with the new features. Just don't want it to take months

So there’s a road near my home that the Y was doing a lot of phantom braking - and a certain somebody couldn’t tolerate it. (To me I’m just lol and move on).

Solution: I set the max FSD speed to 20 mph below the speed limit, and I control the actual speed myself with the accelerator. Bingo FSD now drives pretty much like a human. And btw within the same version it is getting better and better. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I reason that by controlling the speed, I’m actively teaching FSD to ignore the phantom fears it has because I keep the speed at the speed limit.
What's wack is this trip I've made many times with my Model 3 with FSD and it had ZERO issues. No phantom braking or anything. Not sure if the car has to 'learn' or I simply have bad camera(s).

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and JER85
Ordered on Feb 27 ‘21. X LR/22/black/white Int/ 6 seat and no FSD
Still showing July 😢
I spoke with someone at Tesla yesterday who says that they used to base their EDD priorities on when you completed the onboarding steps and NOT the order date. Could this be true?? I ordered 1 year ago, but it wasn’t until June that I was told to finish the on boarding on the app. I didn’t think to set up financing on a car that was going to take 6 months at that time. Am I the only one who didn’t complete the app steps after placing the order and deposit?

Still showing July 😢
I spoke with someone at Tesla yesterday who says that they used to base their EDD priorities on when you completed the onboarding steps and NOT the order date. Could this be true?? I ordered 1 year ago, but it wasn’t until June that I was told to finish the on boarding on the app. I didn’t think to set up financing on a car that was going to take 6 months at that time. Am I the only one who didn’t complete the app steps after placing the order and deposit?
Is the onboarding step the "Please complete the license and stuff" type deal?

Here are some pics i took today, delivery set for this Sat 2/26. Wife’s B-Day, super cool timing… But she’s not counting this as a birthday present 😐.

Anyway, just curious if anyone has had slight misalignments like these and had Tesla SC fix them? Or no chance?
We have the same door! I was told it can be “adjusted”

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    603 KB · Views: 93
Still showing July 😢
This is not true. I can confirm as I didn't finish mine until late 2020 as I didn't want to run my credit again. Changed it to Cash in November and when I received a VIN, I changed it back to self-financing and gave them my down payment.

Reactions: Kaos_X
Ha, i was there same time frame as you today. Saw my Plaid X. Still had white tape around front and back. Looked pretty decent. Slight misalignment on passenger FWD. and a small one on trunk lid as well. Not too bad. Will post pics here to see if anyone else had the same misalignment and if they were able to get Tesla to fix.

door was unlocked which was weird. But i only opened passenger front. Didn’t want to alert the kind folks there by opening the FWD and start snooping around, but slight dirt on console, and car is pretty dirty from trip, but paint looked good overall. The alignment issues pale in comparison to my Model S Plaid i got in September. Holy alignment issues with trunk.
Yaa I was using your car as a reference for my car, walking back and forth … your fwd misalignment was slight compared to mine and your hood was a tad worse…. When do you pick up?

Has anyone rejected a VIN and gotten a new one quickly after? I rejected my M3P vin and received one 4 days later. Rejected another and got one in 5 days. Does the same apply for a plaid X? I have a VIN with build date 2/10 but I am thinking of rejecting the VIN and waiting for a new one with the new features. Just don't want it to take months
I did rejected a model X LR at February 1( because it was a 2021 made), still don’t get new vin yet, shows July.

VHS won because it fit a 2hr movie and Sony Betamax could handle only one hour with US NTSC coding. How is it related? Consumer ease of use. And Hollywood needed 2hrs.

Sometimes its one thing and just one thing that wins or kills. The but but buts rarely succeed.
I’ve heard all the rumors about matrix lighting and VHS. And I will say this: if the July 2022 Model X comes with a built-in VHS player, the wait will be worth it and all will be forgiven.

One of my friend rejected one last Dec. (he was on vacation), and he hasn't got a new VIN so far.