Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean, sorry if i get your hopes up, but if you look at Feb '21 and earlier 6 seat orders in CA from the spread sheet, there are a lot of people without deliveries, but as far as I can tell most of them there is no one with a matching username on this forum (all the red names), or they don't post at all, so i am suspicious that these people just never bothered coming back to fill in their status. It is basically you and @DelPhonic1 that don't have your cars yet. Might want to poke your SA.

Edit: i realize after that my technique of searching the forum for user name doesn't actually show anything unless apparently someone quotes or @'s them, so i'll do this again looking for actual user names.

Edit 2: I updated the graphic after spelunking the forum. Several users had deliveries and never updated the sheet so i filled in their info. Red names are ones that don't have a forum username, or haven't posted recently. Purple names are the ones that are active and haven't taken delivery.

View attachment 773285
Okay, I said I would revert to lurker again, but how can I not give you a huge thanks for digging into this? I don’t care what they say, but you’re a stud ;)

I told my SA I’d stop bothering him, and I’ll honor that, because he knows less than I and can’t do anything. He has a 5-seater customer from June 2020 lol. Poor guy.

I have a contact at the gigafactory. No reply. SA’s contract in Fremont factory didn’t reply.

I’ll be taking delivery at the factory, so I still think I’ll get some crap call the last week of March to show up immediately, but as some might recall, I intentionally booked an international trip the last week of March (spring break for kids) so that I wouldn’t be tempted to come back for an EOQ rushjob car.

I have been cash with a fully complete profile since 1/15/21 (1/16 UT) FYI.

Thanks again!

Okay, I said I would revert to lurker again, but how can I not give you a huge thanks for digging into this? I don’t care what they say, but you’re a stud ;)
Haha thanks! I enjoy looking at the data.

One thing I noticed at the end of Dec and early Jan is that almost all the deliveries were in California. I would not be surprised if the same thing happens at the end of March and into April. I don't think this means they are a "rush" job and lower quality, but just that Tesla would rather ship them the absolute minimum distance to maximize deliveries in the quarter. This is how they have operated for a long time. However, the delivery itself may be rushed, but it kind of sounds like that is becoming a regular thing...

Reactions: groundy
Haha thanks! I enjoy looking at the data.

One thing I noticed at the end of Dec and early Jan is that almost all the deliveries were in California. I would not be surprised if the same thing happens at the end of March and into April. I don't think this means they are a "rush" job and lower quality, but just that Tesla would rather ship them the absolute minimum distance to maximize deliveries in the quarter. This is how they have operated for a long time. However, the delivery itself may be rushed, but it kind of sounds like that is becoming a regular thing...
Then it will change as production picks up?

It is not as you have to enter the pool again and go through the safety crap again. So I'm hoping I make it in this weekend as I'm sitting on 99.
My understanding is nobody has been added since late December.

Our X’s are on 2022.4.5 which I don’t believe supports FSD. I think all FSD Beta cars are still on 2021.

So basically, we won’t get our new X’s into the beta until 2022 builds support FSD (I think). I hurried up to get a 99 score with over 100 miles just to find all of this out too.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: Zygote1975 and Stro
It’s because MXP it true markup on Plaid. The MSP has the exclusive status of fastest production car and it competes with $200K+ cars.

I think it’s back firing a bit though. As there are a lot of MSP in inventory. Still quite a few 2021’s.

You’ll get vision either way. The announcement is that as of mid-Feb radar is removed. Vision isn’t being added. It’s already there. Delaying won’t gain you anything.
Tell me it ain’t so.

This is getting uglier and uglier.

Tesla can’t make an S/X car that doesn’t vibrate and now they can’t make a car see at night or over 80mph.

This really sucks.