Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dumb question. How do you find the build date of a car using the assigned VIN number?
If it starts with 7SA, it's a 2022. If it starts with 5YJ, it's a 2021. This only applies for 2021 vs 2022. In the future, it's the 11th character that tells you. M is 2021 and N is 2022. The only reason this year is a little different is because Tesla changed its identifier for the Y and X to be 7SA while the 3 and S kept the 5YJ.

If it starts with 7SA, it's a 2022. If it starts with 5YJ, it's a 2021. This only applies for 2021 vs 2022. In the future, it's the 11th character that tells you. M is 2021 and N is 2022. The only reason this year is a little different is because Tesla changed its identifier for the Y and X to be 7SA while the 3 and S kept the 5YJ.
Thank you! Any one know how to figure out from VIN if your car has Tesla Vision? Anyone preferring radar over Tesla vision? Or Tesla vision over radar?

Here’s an idea — NHSA requiring a recall on the Yoke horn specifically — Tesla will give owners choice of yoke or round when they replace all existing yokes. Probably doesn’t make any sense, just a thought….
NHTSA has earned my UNDYING hatred for removing summon music.

Summon music literally delighted my kids — and for that matter, every adult who saw me summoning the Y. There never was any safety concern.

Thank you! Any one know how to figure out from VIN if your car has Tesla Vision? Anyone preferring radar over Tesla vision? Or Tesla vision over radar?
All cars come with Tesla Vision, it is not optional. I've been very impressed with how well Vision actually works. Radar has no way to detect non-vehicluar objects. Things like pedestrians, bicycles, anything plastic are completely invisible to radar.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Whatever technology you buy is the best at that moment. There will always be something better soon, and you can go crazy if you worry that you’re missing out on some new feature that was introduced shortly after your purchase. If that feature is absolutely essential to you, then upgrade. Otherwise, enjoy the purchase and remember that the next time you upgrade, things will be even better.

This goes for any tech purchase, including a Tesla.
True yes, but many people buying new want the latest and greatest. Otherwise they buy used. For the lights, the release is imminent, and might be worth delaying for because the current lights are pretty weak and outdated.

The next time you upgrade, the FOMO happens again. It’s a never ending cycle. It just takes time to get over.

How many would pull the trigger if Tesla offered the Model X Long Range with only 20 inch wheels, a round steering wheel and a speed regulator making it only 0-60 in 5 seconds plus max speed of 110 for a $20K price cut?

I'd jump all over it.
It’s not happening because they can’t even fulfill current orders with a +20k price increase or markups, conceptually.

How many would pull the trigger if Tesla offered the Model X Long Range with only 20 inch wheels, a round steering wheel and a speed regulator making it only 0-60 in 5 seconds plus max speed of 110 for a $20K price cut?

I'd jump all over it.

5 seconds? Hell no. I can't have anything slower than what I have now (4.2s @ 353kw(~458HP)). Its like buying a house -- I can't downsize. I wouldn't mind the rest.

Has anyone rejected a VIN and gotten a new one quickly after? I rejected my M3P vin and received one 4 days later. Rejected another and got one in 5 days. Does the same apply for a plaid X? I have a VIN with build date 2/10 but I am thinking of rejecting the VIN and waiting for a new one with the new features. Just don't want it to take months
I believe that prior to delivery the correct term is to put your order on hold. You can do that for 30 days. A rejection is when you have a delivery appointment, inspect the car, and tell Tesla you don't want it.

After I was assigned a VIN in mid-Feb I put mine on hold until mid-March. Will see when they assign a new VIN. I am not in a hurry and want the new headlights. I never use AP/FSD so don't care about the RADAR. Although that change will probably make TACC suck even more than it already does.
sorry if this was mentioned but does the new refresh X come with lithium ion 12v battery?
Yes. But it's 16V. Some devices that you may plug in don't like 16V and will not work.

And everyone in Europe, we're still here.

I reverted back to lurking, but am popping up to give a sense of the situation here. I ordered in February 2021, and know of three more orders in my neighbourhood. We all got the 'somewhere in the second half of 2022', but we've also had SAs tell us that it might just as well be 2023 of cancelled. Nobody knows what to expect at this point.
I ordered January 29 2021 and have a EDD of August 2022 now. You're not alone.

• Love
Reactions: c_v_h