Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dropping off one of our Model 3s at the Austin SC and looks like two lucky people are getting their refreshed MX. One is a black LR and the other is a MSM but can’t tell trim because it’s inside the delivery prep area (employees only). View attachment 773694View attachment 773695
And one white Plaid
5A409A01-D1E8-4381-83B4-11CF77A8E57B.jpeg

can I ask Tesla to change my model X from 7 seater to 6 seater without paying extra cost???
I am like done waiting for & seater since 1 year 1 month.
nope, many have tried with no luck... They have to call you and initiate it so you can get it at no extra cost....... Hang tight though they might cancel the 5/7 seater on the LR like they did on the Plaid lol

nope, many have tried with no luck... They have to call you and initiate it so you can get it at no extra cost....... Hang tight though they might cancel the 5/7 seater on the LR like they did on the Plaid lol
they called me in 2021 October to switch to 6 seater and I declined, not sure if I can use this "point" to sell and change my 7 seater to 6 seater without extra cost?

got to drive about 250 miles in the plaid on the way to drop it off to be wrapped.. drives a lot nicer than our old X but there’s a strange vibration feeling in the pedals and cabin for the first 30 seconds or so of every drive but then goes away .. not sure if this is normal or not? Heat pump running initially? Honestly have no clue so if anyone else’s is or isn’t doing this let me know.. some squeaks coming from the front suspension as well not sure if this will need service or if things are just settling in.. time will tell.. as for the acceleration it’s almost sickening! It hits harder when you floor it from 80mph on the highway than my performance 3 does from a stand still. I’ll post some photos once the wrap is done!
Just following up to see if ur still experiencing this vibration at the start of each drive?

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
LED matrix headlights...just thinking out loud:
The MX is deleting radar and going pure vision. That could push the X to get the new headlights sooner rather than later. The logic is the same as the high beams being automatically set to 'on' for FSD beta which enhances the vehicles vision.
Time will tell.
Ehh, the 3 and Y have used vision without matrix headlights all this time. Aren't we still waiting for more government approval before matrix headlights are allowed?

Last edited:
It this point, its hard to get excited about anything Tesla says. I'm happy for everyone getting their vins and taking delivery, but I feel like at this point my ability to ever take ownership of a car in a timeframe I find acceptable is unrelated to any plaids or 6 seaters being delivered. Any new tech being offered in cars is irrelevant, because I don't see them delivering my car (5 seater LR) within a timeframe I am going to find acceptable.

Most importantly, Tesla has not fixed their basic problem of lying to customers and withholding information (or failing to put any effort into obtaining and organize information they could clearly get). The silence from Tesla regarding any sort of meaningful status on 5 and 7 seater deliveries is telling, especially given the past year plus. I would love to meet Elon and simply ask him why he thinks any of this is acceptable, and how long should one be expected to wait on an initial 2-3 month promised delivery.

Let my wife drive the Taycan Turbo S yesterday for the first time, in case she ever needed to know how to use it. Her first time driving an electric car, and as we tend to keep our cars 7 years, she was blown by the technology and power. She got all exciting wondering when her X is coming so she could drive it. At which point we had a pretty sincere heart to heart on how much more abuse we put up with from Tesla.

We're waiting for their next screw up, and I suspect that will be our final straw.

I would seriously love to see Tesla publicly commit to 5/7 LR production and provide any sort of timeframe. Thats not who they are and it will never happen. Pathetic.
Right there with ya my friend.. right there with ya.

update: ordered plaid X early november 2021. Got VIN 2/10 when estimated delivery date was august. will take delivery and not wait for the new features because life is too short and waiting could take months. SA said unmatched customers have new EDD's in the fall. will just upgrade in a year or so when there are more new features. Even if matrix headlights go in, isn't there more approval needed?

Reactions: JackD and iCeMaNxLb