Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I drove into the Austin Tesla SC and saw a BEAUTIFUL white refreshed Model X! I asked a Service Associate if I could go see it and he said "No, It's someone's car so you can't" Totally understandable. I didn't actually ask to go inside the car, but left it up to his interpretation. But then I asked if I could just walk over, stand next to the car, and just look in the windows. And he said "No, It's someone's car so you can't" WTH??? lol

Next time I see a Tesla in a parking lot, I'll try not to look at it because "It's someone's car"! 🧐😂

Edit: Full disclosure, I was on my way back from Lowe's and I was carrying a blowtorch and chainsaw.

Last edited:
Yesterday I drove into the Austin Tesla SC and saw a BEAUTIFUL white refreshed Model X! I asked a Service Associate if I could go see it and he said "No, It's someone's car so you can't" Totally understandable. I didn't actually expect him to say yes. But then I asked if I could just walk over, stand next to the car, and just look in the windows. And he said "No, It's someone's car so you can't" WTH??? lol

Next time I see a Tesla in a parking lot, I'll try not to look at it because "It's someone's car"! 🧐😂
I'd be pissed if you breathed near my car too.

The wait may be shorter than you think, being that it’s a plaid….. your CT order on the other hand……
I'm getting the Plaid for the time until the quad motor cybertruck is here.. If indeed the Cybertruck will have 500 mile range, I will trade in the Model X when I'll get the Cybertruck but that may be 3 years from now as I ordered the Cybertruck last Summer, so I'm in the back of the line.

Reactions: eggzrule
Yesterday I drove into the Austin Tesla SC and saw a BEAUTIFUL white refreshed Model X! I asked a Service Associate if I could go see it and he said "No, It's someone's car so you can't" Totally understandable. I didn't actually ask to go inside the car, but left it up to his interpretation. But then I asked if I could just walk over, stand next to the car, and just look in the windows. And he said "No, It's someone's car so you can't" WTH??? lol

Edit: Full disclosure, I was on my way back from Lowe's and I was carrying a blowtorch and chainsaw.
“Sorry sir- Mr Musk had requested us to keep chainsaw & fire tool wielding curious Vinner-in-waiting Freddy’s away from the merchandise.”(thought processor in a SA’s mind).

Were the “home improvement” devices turned on by any chance? (Just asking)🤔

Long time lurker… first time poster. Read just about every page of this thread. I also woke up to a Vin this morning!! Just passed my year anniversary from ordering, so like everyone was wondering if it will ever actually happen. No call from Tesla yet. My SC is Eden Prairie, MN.

Order has had always been MX LR / Blk / Wht / 6 seat / ordered 2/20/21.

D70397C9-F9B7-4D87-96E8-E2EFC6DF6B7A.jpeg

I'm getting the Plaid for the time until the quad motor cybertruck is here.. If indeed the Cybertruck will have 500 mile range, I will trade in the Model X when I'll get the Cybertruck but that may be 3 years from now as I ordered the Cybertruck last Summer, so I'm in the back of the line.
Actually, the way Tesla seems to be running things you might be able to put in an order and get it right away if you’re willing to get all the high-end bells and whistles and pay top dollar. Seems how they’re handling the Model X roll out.

This is probably misinterpreting things isn’t it?

Those sales numbers are 2021. We all know very few X’s were made in 2021. The S started back up a few months before that so it has higher production numbers. More meaningful to us now is week over week X production and breakdown of LR and Plaid.

The interior trim thing sounds like Elon’s comment. Which relates most likely to the 5/7 seater configuration and probably has very little to do with current production or why they didn’t produce X’s last year.

Day one reservation holder. I had a LR 5 seater that had a EDD of july. Could not wait that long. 3 days ago switched to 6 seater and now picking the car up next week. I'm in central NJ

We’re you able to contact your SA and recently change a 5 to 6?

Reason I ask, we might finally be at our tipping point. Found out my wife’s RX probably has some maintenance coming due in the next few months. Her car has > 100k miles on it and has had to have a few things done the past year. This latest news plus the July estimate (which we don’t believe)… I think she’s finally ready to say enough is enough. So want so see if there is an option to get a 6 seater and quickly, or if we just have to get another Rx.

Long time lurker… first time poster. Read just about every page of this thread. I also woke up to a Vin this morning!! Just passed my year anniversary from ordering, so like everyone was wondering if it will ever actually happen. No call from Tesla yet. My SC is Eden Prairie, MN.

Order has had always been MX LR / Blk / Wht / 6 seat / ordered 2/20/21.

View attachment 774104
Our order dates are only 4 days apart, so if you don't mind could they include mine on the same truck? ;)
I'm in NW WI so SC is Maplewood.

We’re you able to contact your SA and recently change a 5 to 6?

Reason I ask, we might finally be at our tipping point. Found out my wife’s RX probably has some maintenance coming due in the next few months. Her car has > 100k miles on it and has had to have a few things done the past year. This latest news plus the July estimate (which we don’t believe)… I think she’s finally ready to say enough is enough. So want so see if there is an option to get a 6 seater and quickly, or if we just have to get another Rx.
Yes I did it last week

Reactions: Toucankiwi
Finally got my VIN. Ordered 3/1/2021. In the last few weeks, the EDD changed from March to July to March again to March 5-13. Received my VIN yesterday via text (7SAXCBE53NF3342XX). I actually stopped by the Ft. Worth, TX sales store on Tuesday since the date had suddenly changed to March. He looked up my account and thought that the current date would finally hold and he was correct. He said they would deliver to my house, so now to work out financing and insurance. I'll post pictures. It is a LR, 6-Seat, MSM, Cream, 20'' wheels.

The bad news is that we are starting a new garage where I will move my wood working tools and the Miata. This means that for several weeks, all 3 cars will need to park on the street and I'm not sure how I will charge it. 1st world problems I guess.

I was enjoying a nice breakfast at a local restauraunt when I saw a new model X pull up out front. I got to speak briefly with the owner when he came inside. Says he had one of the first ones (LR) delivered to Washington state. Same color (MSM/Cream) that I ordered. I asked If he had any issues with quality and he said he had the faulty speed sensor issue that ultimately wouldn't let his car drive and he had to have it towed. But otherwise, he was very happy with the car and told me I would enjoy mine whenever my 5 seater arrived. It was nice to hear the words of encouragement as I am in the wait for the long haul. It is also very nice to see fellow forum peers get new VINs as well. Hang in there 5 and 7 seaters, our day will come!

Finally got my VIN. Ordered 3/1/2021. In the last few weeks, the EDD changed from March to July to March again to March 5-13. Received my VIN yesterday via text (7SAXCBE53NF3342XX). I actually stopped by the Ft. Worth, TX sales store on Tuesday since the date had suddenly changed to March. He looked up my account and thought that the current date would finally hold and he was correct. He said they would deliver to my house, so now to work out financing and insurance. I'll post pictures. It is a LR, 6-Seat, MSM, Cream, 20'' wheels.

The bad news is that we are starting a new garage where I will move my wood working tools and the Miata. This means that for several weeks, all 3 cars will need to park on the street and I'm not sure how I will charge it. 1st world problems I guess.
Same order as mine. Same order date. My current EDD is July. Maybe some hope will get VIN in the next few weeks.