Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trust me, I wanted to cancel and I’m so glad they didn’t let me. After having been in FSD beta for over a year, I didn’t realize how far behind regular autopilot was. It’s night and day. You’ll want it even if you don’t want it to drive you. Those few extra features are worth it.
Beta has finally gotten to the point(once I got 10.8, and even more after the last update) where I can relax on the streets of L.A., similar to how I've always done on the highway with NOA. Each version has conquered some issues, and a couple more arise, but overall much better for me. Lately its more mapping and lane preference issues than anything else for me. It's not good enough yet to be for everyone, especially with all the whining and 'mommy can you wipe my ass' complaints, but its getting really impressive.

I succumbed and ordered a MYP, lol. Great to see a range already for my EDD (Apr 12-May 10). Am going to look for new inventory to see if I can get a MYLR but if not. MYP it is. Will have a decision to make in Q2 when my ID4 is expected to be delivered. Will cross that bridge when I get to it.
I did the same thing 1 week ago. within 2-3 days i got an expected date for the model y then a day later got a VIN for BOTH the X and the Y. order the X jan 27 2021. hoping for the same for you!

• Love
Reactions: usctrojan98
For those who have gotten a VIN, do you just notice it when you checked your app or did you get a text? Also curious for VINners, what time of day did you get your VIN (early AM? Evening?) trying to see if there is a pattern of when they assign them.
got it from checking the app. the app wasn't loading correctly so i checked the website, it showed up there then within a few hours it showed up in the app. still haven't gotten a text or anything from Tesla. i contacted my local SC and they confirmed estimated delievery of 3/7 (app says estimated pickup 3/9-3/13)

Hi Guys, I have a question if anyone has experienced having piece changes done to their order. I posted the in the 5/7 seater wait thread, and thought I would ask you guys as to if this sort of thing has happened to anyone.

---
I have TBD for my LR 7-seater order as well. It came after a presumptive Tesla employee changed my last June 7 Seater order to 6-seater without any authorization after I spoke, asked questions at a Tesla sales center, and we discussed how only 6 seaters were currently being produced and that I wanted to get in on any priority list to being called for a car not being picked up by someone in case that was an option. I didn't think they would completely change my order to 6 seater including the 17,000 price hike (including FSD from 10 to 12k). I was upset when I saw the change and the new price. I called and they had to go up to some regional manager and they ok'd me to go back to a 7 for the original price point before any changes were made. Now my etd shows TBD for the last week or so. Someone mentioned that it would fall back in line to a month estimate once another placeholder month was done for all orders or once a VIN is assigned. With all the mess-ups, I was assured that my place in line has not changed. Even though the price shown on my order page is still 17k higher than what my original order had, they keep assuring me that all the notes show an approved lower/orginal price from last June, it just won't show it until a VIN is matched. We will see, lots of assurances. But hopefully the TBD changes to a range soon.

---

I'm wondering if this is the same sort of adjustment that was done to those of you who had a 6 seater "upgrade" offered for free but the price was said to be adjusted "later"? I currently have pay in full selected on the order, but wanted to change to financing as well once VIN is assigned and hoping this doesn't become a major issue when there's finally a VIN match. The rep from Tesla who has been helping me just messaged me again today to let me know that all should be ok as we get closer to the VIN so at least the reassurance is helpful. so 🤞🏾.

Last edited:
Picked up our Plaid X today. It had mild alignment issues on one of the FWD and the hood. We waited a while while they adjusted them, still not perfect but good enough. Car was definitely worth the wait. Was surprised in some of the differences in the refreshed X vs previous one (cannot control the 2nd row seats from the front, lowering and raising 3rd row is manual, no front camera view), and definitely trying to get used to the new menu layout. Otherwise delivery went smoothly, they gave us as much time as we needed with the car before signing the papers (they did try and get us to sign everything before seeing the car). Was planning on PPFing the car in matte, but may just PPF in gloss as the black color really looks sharp. We did notice after getting home that we did not have a USB in the car, hopefully that won’t be too hard to get now.
Any vibration at the beginning of ur drives?

Reactions: DelPhonic1
If you delivery peeps see any changed taillights, changed headlights, airbag horn, or plaid badge can you pipe in? Thanks much guys!
None of those for the plaid that I took delivery of today. I do believe that mine was an early 2022 build based on VIN though. Would’ve loved the updated headlights but could’ve cared less about the other updates honestly.

If you delivery peeps see any changed taillights, changed headlights, airbag horn, or plaid badge can you pipe in? Thanks much guys!
I don't expect we'll see these for a while. All reports so far make it sound like this refresh-refresh model is going to require another production line stoppage to reconfigure (for the lights at least). If true, I expect we'll see fewer deliveries in the coming weeks as well.

• Informative
Reactions: gglockner
Another long time lurker and first time poster. My April 2021 LR X (Blue/Ebony) was just assigned a vin with a delivery date in ~2 weeks.

Order RN115027691
Vin 7SASCBE5XNF334179

A few questions about the vin:

Is this a ‘21 or ‘22 model year?
What is the approximate build date?
Based on the build date - will my MX have matrix headlights, Elon vision (or radar) and where will the charge port be located (driver or passenger side)?
I'm an April 21 order as well. I hope this means more VINs are dropping soon.

Reactions: Elixir
Long time lurker… first time poster. Read just about every page of this thread. I also woke up to a Vin this morning!! Just passed my year anniversary from ordering, so like everyone was wondering if it will ever actually happen. No call from Tesla yet. My SC is Eden Prairie, MN.

Order has had always been MX LR / Blk / Wht / 6 seat / ordered 2/20/21.

View attachment 774104
I noticed RN1145 is starting to get all the delivers
hoping mine is soon as minen is RN 1146

Picked up the X Plaid. overall not bad. some paint issues. seats were dirty too. They were delivering 47 cars today at Devon. Amazing.

dull spot on the hood and sandy feeling (overspray?) on back upper quarter.

I attached the quarter panel picture that shows weird paint spray and condensation.

Car is fast. we had a X P100D , but this thing is crazy fast, comparatively. the yoke allows more room than S so it’s a nicer feel. car is way more nimble feeling than the ‘18. Drives more like a car instead of a SUV.

The front doors are so much more heavier duty and heavy in general, compared to our 2018 X.

Sadly I don’t think the Tuxmats we had for our ‘18 X are going to fit.

Here were the issues I found. I’m listing them just to help other people to be on the lookout for similar issues.

* wrinkles on seats and uneven foam behind material.
* passenger side - rear passenger headrest won’t fold when folding down seats
* dull spot on hood
* passenger front door handle has extra paint blob
* seats seem slightly stained
* passenger side windshield seems distorted
*driver side brake light has a lot of condensation
*driver side rear upper quarter panel has overspray on paint

FYI. it’s not 3 days to report issues anymore. it’s now “report issues before 100 miles”.

Attachments

• 142A7C2C-1525-4128-B61C-6B015B8E22B9.jpeg
    142A7C2C-1525-4128-B61C-6B015B8E22B9.jpeg
    411.8 KB · Views: 106
Picked up the X Plaid. overall not bad. some paint issues. seats were dirty too. They were delivering 47 cars today at Devon. Amazing.

dull spot on the hood and sandy feeling (overspray?) on back upper quarter.

I attached the quarter panel picture that shows weird paint spray and condensation.

Car is fast. we had a X P100D , but this thing is crazy fast, comparatively. the yoke allows more room than S so it’s a nicer feel. car is way more nimble feeling than the ‘18. Drives more like a car instead of a SUV.

The front doors are so much more heavier duty and heavy in general, compared to our 2018 X.

Sadly I don’t think the Tuxmats we had for our ‘18 X are going to fit.

Here were the issues I found. I’m listing them just to help other people to be on the lookout for similar issues.

* wrinkles on seats and uneven foam behind material.
* passenger side - rear passenger headrest won’t fold when folding down seats
* dull spot on hood
* passenger front door handle has extra paint blob
* seats seem slightly stained
* passenger side windshield seems distorted
*driver side brake light has a lot of condensation
*driver side rear upper quarter panel has overspray on paint

FYI. it’s not 3 days to report issues anymore. it’s now “report issues before 100 miles”.
Did they say they are going to fix the issues? Mostly seats?