Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1/27/21 order here still stuck on July. My SA continues to say that they have ZERO information on when my car could be available. I feel like they have gotten through the backlog of all pre-refresh orders at this point and im the last one standing for day one of the refresh orders at this point. 13 month wait and counting....
The spreadsheet says your order is April 19th. Do you have two orders?

A guy in Facebook just posted confirmation that an SA saw new build codes attached to his mid March delivery, that referred to new X headlights, taillights, chargeports. Let’s see if this becomes more than just a rumor….
Wow new headlights. If it’s true, it ALMOST makes the wait worth it. But info did come from an SA haha

About an hour worth of inspecting. She came home today. Other than I apparently have a defective set of key fobs and the logistics company let Tesla know they put a slight scuff in the front fascia that is getting repaired, it’s perfect. Falcon wing doors are smooth after a dozen movements, perfect alignments all around, no rubbing parts, seals all look good.

Another pre refresh always 6 seat LR order on the board. MN based.
View attachment 775045
Was your car ready? When I picked up MY it was still in the back and in cleaning. Had to find someone to bring it to me.

Hi all,
I’ve been absent for a while since I got my Model S LR and busy with my house. But just wanted to end my time with a major thanks to all of you! This has been a very long journey and without this amazing space it would have been miserable! I hope you all get your X’s with the new lights or some other cool features for your wait!
Thanks again! All the best!
See you in the Cybertruk WR!
Congrats, when did you get the VIN?

Reactions: flippingrich
About an hour worth of inspecting. She came home today. Other than I apparently have a defective set of key fobs and the logistics company let Tesla know they put a slight scuff in the front fascia that is getting repaired, it’s perfect. Falcon wing doors are smooth after a dozen movements, perfect alignments all around, no rubbing parts, seals all look good.

Another pre refresh always 6 seat LR order on the board. MN based.
View attachment 775045
Thanks for that picture. I've ordered cream interior but haven't seen any pictures of it clearly. I'm happy with my choice.

Hi all,
I’ve been absent for a while since I got my Model S LR and busy with my house. But just wanted to end my time with a major thanks to all of you! This has been a very long journey and without this amazing space it would have been miserable! I hope you all get your X’s with the new lights or some other cool features for your wait!
Thanks again! All the best!
See you in the Cybertruk WR!View attachment 775053View attachment 775054View attachment 775055View attachment 775056View attachment 775057View attachment 775058View attachment 775059
And just like that. He was gone. Riding in the sunset.

May the Vin serve him well.

I'm willing to put my car on hold if headlights are imminent. I've seen Model S get new matrix headlights but no confirmation on X. I would imagine it would follow shortly? Anyone have any ideas on headlight?
I have my plaid delivered this saturday and thought about waiting for a new VIN but its not worth it. Haven't seen any pictures of matrix headlights on an X could be months out. if you wait it will take forever and you'll be near the end of the line.

Tesla said my Plaids ETA was the 9th or 10th, now they're saying its the 7th, pleaseeeeeee let it come early 😆 this wait feels like forever
All the other old timers are getting their vehicles but kingjones is gonna be here with us in 2023. “Guys they said this is the last time they’re going to bump my date range by a week! Surely they’re not lying this time!”

New charge port on refresh Model S Plaid! @klwtts @sawyermerritt @Teslarati @elonmusk @teslainventory
Yuck! I absolutely hate this… looks really goofy with all of that wasted space…. And one of the things I like about the more expensive X and S is the light ring around the charger. Now it just looks like a cheap Y or 3.

I will be so pissed beyond pissivity if my X has this garbage port.

Last edited: