Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks are subjective...it looks like crap to me.

I just did a mammoth mountain run...there are no chargers in mammoth for non teslas. i saw a EQS 450 hyper mileing it on the way back to LA

my backup cars are Rivian R1S, Lucid Air, BMW iX. Wouldn't consider the EQS
I looked at it on the Mercedes website.. It looks like those wild concept "future" vehicles you see waiting in line for Test Track at Disney World.

I sent a message (with pics) to my SA and asked to pay special attention to these issues in prep.
Good move. hopefully they have those fixed by the time you pick it up.... FWDs definitely need some aligning based on your pictures. The condensation could go either way... I've seen some folks who say Tesla said theres' nothing they can do and its normal... and some folks who say Tesla SC vowed to get it fixed, good luck.

Reactions: dbchilly
Looks like the airbag horn update is about to happen.

Teslarati super late and recycling forum and twitter news as usual... This was discussed ad-nauseum all over the internet yesterday based on Elon's tweet... Teslarati recycles all of that information and makes it seem like they are breaking some new news.

So Rivian peeps are canceling orders like crazy apparently after the price hike. So that's an option for some of you now assuming you're willing to pay the premium.
This would be a good opportunity to jump up in line for those that are interested in Rivian.... I guess with them it doesn't matter when you order as you will be subject to price increased regardless..... My only concern would be getting hit with another price increase or two before they make deliveries.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
I agree, EQS I'm sure rides like butter and lux as heck and for the price we're spending on the X, reasonable to take a look. But I really dont like the odd looks either. Combining that w/ the lack of a non-tesla charging network as you stated and the lack of software updates/keeping the car current would really bother me and makes it a no-go. These electric vehicles coming from ICE manufacturers will have their software/interface stale and outdated in months just like we have seen with ICE cars up to now. Apparently I've always wanted an iPad on wheels. 🙄
Idk what your history is but I have had a Volvo XC40 Recharge (EV) for 4 months now and have received 2 OTA updates that have added features and fixed bugs. Plus, Volvo does this crazy thing where they email you to tell you what's coming in the release with a link to release notes. As opposed to Tesla where you are rolling the dice every time.

The BMW iX gives you the choice of BMW's UI, Apple, or Android. That level of choice is awesome.

Bottom line is that your quip about other manufacturer's UIs getting stale is simply wrong.

Finally, based on the complaining here on TMC about the v11 UI changes, rapid UI updates are not a benefit to everyone.

As for charging. Yes, it is currently a problem. Tesla recognized early that they needed to solve that problem in order to get mass adoption. However, it's not 2012 any more. The charging gap is closing rapidly. I also think that Tesla will be changing to CCS in the near future which is why we are seeing the larger charge port doors in the new taillights. Once that happens, the SC network will be opened to everyone. It will become a cash cow for Tesla while also dramatically improving the charging landscape for non-Teslas.

Reactions: coco135
Got off a call with Tesla. They called me and were asking what car am I going to trade in as we are nearing my EDD.
Initially when i placed the order last year, I wanted to trade in my Lexus ES300h and later decided to keep it.
The CSR confirmed that the EDD will hold and will not be changed. Also, I am not charged for changing my order from 5 seater to 6 seater in Oct 2021.
Since, I do not yet have the VIN, I will have to wait.
some hope at last.

Reactions: neverdone and bmah
A thought just popped in to my head.... What will happen to the little horn button on the Yoke once Tesla activates the middle horn via software update? Will it be possible to change that little image of a horn and remap the button to something else? or will it just be a wasted redundant button on the yoke?

Reactions: retco
A thought just popped in to my head.... What will happen to the little horn button on the Yoke once Tesla activates the middle horn via software update? Will it be possible to change that little image of a horn and remap the button to something else? or will it just be a wasted redundant button on the yoke?
I don’t think they’ll map it to anything drastically different because that would require addressing changing the icon too (that would look really sloppy, even by Tesla standards and I doubt they’d bring back cars to replace that).

One thing I think they could easily do is map it to something closely related like a pedestrian chirp or a quieter, quicker honk that might be applicable for someone in front of you not moving at a green light. That way, the icon would at least still apply.

In the end, it’s probably just going to be a redundant button.

Got off a call with Tesla. They called me and were asking what car am I going to trade in as we are nearing my EDD.
Initially when i placed the order last year, I wanted to trade in my Lexus ES300h and later decided to keep it.
The CSR confirmed that the EDD will hold and will not be changed. Also, I am not charged for changing my order from 5 seater to 6 seater in Oct 2021.
Since, I do not yet have the VIN, I will have to wait.
some hope at last.

I had this conversation yesterday also (not trading anything in). I'm not going to celebrate just yet because I don't have a VIN either.

(checks order page again)

Nope, still no VIN. I was told to expect an email with a VIN this week but like pretty much everything else with this order I'm taking that assertion with a huge grain of salt.

Bruce.

I had this conversation yesterday also (not trading anything in). I'm not going to celebrate just yet because I don't have a VIN either.

(checks order page again)

Nope, still no VIN. I was told to expect an email with a VIN this week but like pretty much everything else with this order I'm taking that assertion with a huge grain of salt.

Bruce.

I would be ecstatic about even the possibility with a July order... There are some folks with january 21 orders that are just getting crickets.

This would be a good opportunity to jump up in line for those that are interested in Rivian.... I guess with them it doesn't matter when you order as you will be subject to price increased regardless..... My only concern would be getting hit with another price increase or two before they make deliveries.

They're increasing prices on people who have already signed up to get one?

So, it's not a "reservation" then. It's a wait list.