Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
from my experience anything below freezing you start to lose benefits especially if it is just sitting there. If it is still moving it can still get enough ambient air from the battery area or wherevere it can to get heat and recycle etc.

but once it gets like 10 degrees or less i think it loses a lot of the benefits of the heat pump. my experience roughly..guys with more technical knowledge can expand

I can't explain.. but I do have some data!

Last winter I parked my 2017 MX in an the JFK long-term parking lot for a little over 25 hours. Temps during this timeframe at a high were 16 degrees and at a low 9 degrees. Without checking the stats in the app at all (waking the car) I dropped from 155 miles of range to 139.

As such I have always just assumed that when it is below freezing temperatures outside, to expect roughly 16 miles of phantom drain in 24hrs left unplugged.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Looks are subjective...it looks like crap to me.

I just did a mammoth mountain run...there are no chargers in mammoth for non teslas. i saw a EQS 450 hyper mileing it on the way back to LA

my backup cars are Rivian R1S, Lucid Air, BMW iX. Wouldn't consider the EQS
I don't like the whole "melted corners" look that Mercedes has been doing for the past number of years. Certain parts are really nice, but as a whole package it just...looks garish.

For those of you guys financing, are you waiting until you have a VIN to apply for the Tesla financing? My March 8-31 range is approaching, but I'm not sure I believe it yet, so I'm inclined to wait. But will I not be assigned a VIN if I haven't completed that task?
i applied 2 months ago. my rate has stayed the same thankfully. 2.54%. i'm sure not the best but reasonable. i have a delievery date of march 12th. I applied for financing too early I think like most others have said. I probably should have waited until a VIN or even till i scheduled a delivery date but looks like all will work out for me in the end (hopefully).

Reactions: IAMCCF
Was in the neighborhood of the SC here in Orlando so I took a quick drive through the parking lot yesterday. If anyone here is picking up at the Orlando SC soon and has a black or red MX LR on order you may be in luck as they were prepping one of each for delivery. The red LR had 22” wheels. Couldn’t glean much else on the quick pass through. But the red on the refresh X with black trim looks hot. Now to continue impatiently waiting on mine…

Financing question:

i applied for Tesla financing. all is taken care of with that (i think?). it's approved and everything. I have a scheduled delivery date for March 12th at 2pm in Virginia. How do you guys go about making the first payment (taxes, fees order fees etc). I finances the majority of the car for business/tax purposes. I asked the service advisor and they said that i'm able to make the payment through the PLAID PAYMENT PORTAL (which i've never heard of) or i can bring a cashier's or certified check to delivery. Is that correct?

for those who have not paid the entire care off right away and used tesla financing, when were you able to actually make the first initial payment so you can actually take delivery of the car the day of? thank you

So Rivian peeps are canceling orders like crazy apparently after the price hike. So that's an option for some of you now assuming you're willing to pay the premium.
Well, I get it why there's such a large amount of cancellations. That said, for me, it's a wash as it's still just a touch cheaper than the Model X LR after the price increase. I've got time either way to see how the cards fall since the earliest date I've got is August - if THAT doesn't slip again.

I guess 2022 is the year to be unimpressed...

Great news! my order number is 114775xxx.... I am getting close, I can almost taste my VIN
meanwhile my 1146 still no VIN lol
i applied 2 months ago. my rate has stayed the same thankfully. 2.54%. i'm sure not the best but reasonable. i have a delievery date of march 12th. I applied for financing too early I think like most others have said. I probably should have waited until a VIN or even till i scheduled a delivery date but looks like all will work out for me in the end (hopefully).
it says on ur account ur financing but ur application already expired I suggest you call them to make sure. I had the same problem happen to me finance application usually last less than 30’days

I don't know if studioloft takes the weekly snapshot at the beginning or end of the day tomorrow, but we are averaging about 25-30 VINs a week for the past couple weeks. That is about 7.5% of all 6 seat orders from our spreadsheet each week. If Tesla maintains that rate they will hit 100% of 6 seaters VINed in 8 weeks. They are going to have to start making 5\7 seaters soon...
My theory exactly! I hope you are right. Our common goal is to let "the ghost of @Stro " move on once many of us 5/7ers are new car owners! Any friendly wagers when the first 5/7 seat VINner is announced on here?

Reactions: Stro and gglockner
🔥

Attachments

• 18F55702-E4BE-430E-A296-6FE37A909F18.jpeg
    18F55702-E4BE-430E-A296-6FE37A909F18.jpeg
    721.5 KB · Views: 108
To be fair to Rivian…. Tesla raised the price on all of us pre-refresh orders. Then tried to sugar coat it by giving us $2k of the $10k back.

Agreed that Tesla is much bigger now and can eat the price . They just chose not to.

Yeah but Tesla refreshed the Model X and made many improvements... It's not like they raised the price on the same build you had ordered (the model X raven or whatever it was in 2020) it's practically a completely different vehicle.

The equivalent would be if Tesla would have increased prices on current reservations when they increased the price by 15k... But as it stands my Model X reservation is 15K cheaper than if I were to order a new one right now. But you're absolutely right in saying that Tesla is in a position to absorb that hit.. Rivian is not quite there yet so I do sympathize with their situation.... While I love Tesla I do want to see these other EV companies rise up and be successful the more pressure they put on Tesla the better it will be for us the consumer, as it will push them to innovate, improve and lower prices. Competition is good.

Reactions: T3slafan2500
So sometime this afternoon (no I was not obsessively refreshing my account page...OK maybe a little), this happened:

VIN: 7SAXCBE58NF3350xx
EDD: "March 05 - March 08"

Spreadsheet updated. Just downloaded all the paperwork from my account page, the price sheet is dated tomorrow.

I apologize to all of you with older LR orders who haven't gotten VINs yet. My prior theory about prepping customers for last-minute EOQ pick-ups doesn't seem plausible anymore. Maybe MSM / LR isn't popular in the Bay Area and I'm the only person who wanted one? I might ask the next Tesla person I talk to, hope they don't yoink my VIN and/or car for asking.

Bruce.
Apology accepted, but it still hurts a little.

Who will be the first 7 seater?

This reminds me of the first Vinner here... the thread was in such a frenzy... split between people who thought it was a fake, others who were so hopeful ..... it came down to the wire.. it wasn't until the day of when he sent pictures from the delivery center that everyone came around.... ooooh man good times.

More Rivian drama just now - RJ (owner) backtracking with an email to everyone with a pre-order:

For anyone with a Rivian preorder as of the March 1 pricing announcement, your original configured price will be honored. If you canceled your preorder on or after March 1 and would like to reinstate it, we will restore your original configuration, pricing and delivery timing. Our team will be sending an email in the next few days with more details.