Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"How did it work?" - what a loaded question. Never got the $6500 credit but rather the added cost and an empty promise to deliver before the end of 2021 and now looking at August as a potential delivery - 19 months out. What a bargain!

He's not talking about you. He's asking those who ordered 5 seaters who received calls from Tesla in January to change from 5 seats to 6 seats with no additional cost.

Reactions: RevBoostJr
"How did it work?" - what a loaded question. Never got the $6500 credit but rather the added cost and an empty promise to deliver before the end of 2021 and now looking at August as a potential delivery - 19 months out. What a bargain!
Sorry about your experience I’d be mad too, I didn’t mean the loaded question, it’s my first Tesla order. I made sure to get their promise in writing, so I plan on bringing a copy with me in the worst case. I’m just not familiar with the process days before delivery

Reactions: TrevTremaine
This post, 2022 Model X Plaid Delivered is also claiming that their brand new Plaid X is much noisier than his MY and that the MY seats are more comfortable than the X. This is concerning...especially on the noise claim. Combine that with the recent youtuber who compared his loaner 2016 X to his no refresh X claiming that the 2016 was way quieter.
The biggest thing is the change of motor type. The older model S and X use a much quieter but less efficient and less powerful motor. The new X is using the new efficient motor that 3 and y (and the new s) use. It’s noisier but it’s a trade off.

The biggest thing is the change of motor type. The older model S and X use a much quieter but less efficient and less powerful motor. The new X is using the new efficient motor that 3 and y (and the new s) use. It’s noisier but it’s a trade off.

If it were only the motor noise and not wind and road noise that were claimed to be louder in the refresh.

This post, 2022 Model X Plaid Delivered is also claiming that their brand new Plaid X is much noisier than his MY and that the MY seats are more comfortable than the X. This is concerning...especially on the noise claim. Combine that with the recent youtuber who compared his loaner 2016 X to his no refresh X claiming that the 2016 was way quieter.
I find the bottom of the y seats more comfortable than my X or the refresh but the back on the X better.

I also find my Y seats a lot more comfortable than my sisters 2019 3.

If I could pick I would probably take ventilated Y seats. The y is 2022 if that matters, I haven’t kept up with their running changes.

I find the bottom of the y seats more comfortable than my X or the refresh but the back on the X better.

I also find my Y seats a lot more comfortable than my sisters 2019 3.

If I could pick I would probably take ventilated Y seats. The y is 2022 if that matters, I haven’t kept up with their running changes.

Here's one guy that claims his refresh X has a lot less road noise than his Raven X.

For all the 5/7 seaters, international orders, and those disappointed about the somewhat non-chronological VIN assignments out there, it’s very tough, but try to remember your future car is getting better every day. Let’s try to celebrate in the increased happiness here as the ramp becomes reality.
That’s right. It looks like I’ll be getting new lights, charge port, and who knows what else maybe new body style, new cell, more range, new lights 3.0, new wheels, new steering wheel, new color, new seats, new motors, new lights 4.0.

You are guessing without base. There is no way motor is noisier than tire and windshield.

For the record my lifetime (27K miles) on 20” is 305 wh/mi (2019 Raven X). That includes some towing and NewEngland winters.

MPGe (city/highway) based on small rims.

2020 Model X 108/101 Range 372
2022 Model X 107/97 Range 351
2020 Model S 121/112 Range 402
2022 Model S 127/115 Range 405
Wow! That’s great for 20”. I think the Raven was a big jump in efficiency and engineering compared to my 2016 X. The jump from 2016 to the refreshed 2022 is enormous. I’d love to get closer to 350 range but I think I’m stuck with my tires.
Do you notice your front doors not closing all the way and require more force to activate soft close?
Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Elixir
Wow! That’s great for 20”. I think the Raven was a big jump in efficiency and engineering compared to my 2016 X. The jump from 2016 to the refreshed 2022 is enormous. I’d love to get closer to 350 range but I think I’m stuck with my tires.
Do you notice your front doors not closing all the way and require more force to activate soft close?
Thanks for the info.
Yes. My passenger door window cracked! ****ing stupid ! It was left open while doing some things to the car - after a while , both driver and passenger doors did not close with either auto and and manual. I had to use the just the amount of force to close the door - and boom the window cracked. I was super careful too. Seems very weak

Attachments

• 6532D550-803E-4CE8-A868-C22052FE5712.jpeg
    6532D550-803E-4CE8-A868-C22052FE5712.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 106
Sorry about your experience I’d be mad too, I didn’t mean the loaded question, it’s my first Tesla order. I made sure to get their promise in writing, so I plan on bringing a copy with me in the worst case. I’m just not familiar with the process days before delivery
I get it, and hope that your delivery goes well for you. It's been hard to see others with much later orders getting delivered - it's even worse for those in Europe who have outstanding orders that might not even get fulfilled this year. It's been a terrible rollout.