Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope. They moved it from the 28 Feb to 12 March to 14 March now. Not sure what the holdup is. Add starting to get some vibrations happening which may be coming from speakers
Does anyone else find it disturbing that Tesla has moved Stro's service appointment three times now? Not only is the new car sales side of Tesla completely "messed up", service is as well! When your car needs service who can wait three weeks to get it? That seems like a horrible experience. If another high end car dealer did that customers would be livid!

TGIF!!!!!

9CFF115A-9780-4A92-A059-A5B4C3E9E370.jpeg

I wonder if my delivery window will tighten up a little bit.

Are any white exterior being delivered? I'm now seeing multiple people who have ordered their LR after me that are getting delivered before me, but it doesn't seem any are white.
That seems odd since I'm sure white is the most often ordered color and in turn Tesla probably makes the most of those. But now that I think about it you're right, most of the deliveries I've seen around here, reddit, and Facebook have been black,MSM and Blue mostly.

Reactions: DirtyT3sla
This is odd. my MVPA says the seller is a Tesla SC which is 90 minutes from my house... But I have a SC like 10 minutes away, and I seem to remember choosing that one when I placed my order.... Has anyone had a different SC as the seller on their MVPA from where they picked up?

my MVPA is showing Cherry hill:

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 10.42.35 AM.png

But the Paramus SC is 10 minutes and the Springfield SC is 30 minutes.... Why would they send me 90 minutes away. Unless this field doesn't matter.

The biggest thing is the change of motor type. The older model S and X use a much quieter but less efficient and less powerful motor. The new X is using the new efficient motor that 3 and y (and the new s) use. It’s noisier but it’s a trade off.
After driving a Raven, then purchasing my 2018 100D, I realized the older motor is much quieter as well.

Are any white exterior being delivered? I'm now seeing multiple people who have ordered their LR after me that are getting delivered before me, but it doesn't seem any are white.
I'm seeing many blue before me that seemed to have ordered after me. I just don't get the scheme in which they hand out cars. Maybe that's why I don't work at Tesla.

Does anyone else find it disturbing that Tesla has moved Stro's service appointment three times now? Not only is the new car sales side of Tesla completely "messed up", service is as well! When your car needs service who can wait three weeks to get it? That seems like a horrible experience. If another high end car dealer did that customers would be livid!
I think this is pretty normal if they are waiting for parts and they aren't in yet. I'm not sure if that is the case for Stro or not.

Forgive me Father for I have VINned.

Yeah, that’s someone else’s joke on here but I made me laugh and I’ve been waiting for the day I got to steal it.

Much to my surprise I woke up to an email (sent at 2:40 AM central time) telling me that my VIN is now available!View attachment 776600
Wooohoooo! Happy for you. We can now join a local MX gang together.

Yes, white Xs have been delivered. I believe they make up the most delivered color in the refresh to date.
From the spreadsheet black is by far the most common in terms of orders with VINs (almost double white in terms of %), but white is second. It does seem like they are VINing a lot more black recently as this spread used to be a lot closer together.

In absolute numbers, there are 2x the number of white orders as black though, so VIN # is close to the same. Maybe they are making batches in matching sizes, so since there are more white orders, you have to wait longer if you ordered white?

Service has always behaved like this as they look at the issues you’ve listed and want to make sure they have the spare parts in case they need to swap them. Sucks. Yes. But it’s normal.

Mine is a white exterior. When I picked mine up a few weeks ago, there was probably 6-8 more white MXs waiting to be delivered. No other colors that I saw.

For people that received their MX and with Toddlers. Are they able to watch the back screen without any issue?
Yes. The twins (4 year olds) love it. Few complaints on my end though. First, I wish I could control what they are watching from the main screen while driving. Second, with the booster seats I use, it’s really hard to buckle them in as the female part is the seat belt is inside the seat.

Is it possible Tesla has run out of their sound deadening materials just aren't building recent refresh Model X's with them? Maybe this cut sound deadening materials thinking they'd fix it with active noise canceling?
I think you are on to something and they may not have even run out of sound mat. This could be yet another Tesla move to save $5 per car by "using technology" like they did w/ removing the dedicated rain sensor. Rain sensing wipers in our 2018 SUCK compared to our 2012.

Reactions: croman
I've been watching the trend not counting deliveries of plaids or 21 LR's i've seen Blue -> Black -> Some Red -> MSM in the last few weeks process of elimination hopefully some white batches soon! @DirtyT3sla