Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, this seems to vary based on location. See attached regarding what I was told in Roswell, GA
That’s pretty standard in most locations. That’s the very last step, full activation on your phone.

There are some states that don’t allow sale of Teslas so you have to purchase it ahead in another state. I think TX used to be one of those states, but I don’t think it is any more.

Reactions: croman
UPDATED DELIVERY DATE FOR VIRGINIA! Now it says March 19-March 31st. Any other people on here from Virginia?

Build:
Order Date: 1/6/2021
Red, 6 seating, FDS, white seats
IMG_7094 (1).jpg

Wondering if someone might be able to re-post the link for the refreshed Model X check list on delivery. With so many getting their VINs (including me!) recently I was hoping someone could share it.

I added it as a tab on the bottom of the spreadsheet :)

1646497232503.png

Edit: Whoever cleaned it up, its gorgeous :)

That’s such BS and a money grab. Just think about it. The claims on ceramic coating are because it’s hard, yes? Typically marketed around 9h hardness, yes?

PPF marketing is it’s self healing and protective, yes? To be self healing the material must be soft to melt in on itself when heated.

If you apply something with a 9h hardness rating to something specifically designed to flex and move to fill scratches, what do you think happens if both claims are true? You would have a heavily cracked coating.

The same applies to applying ceramic coating to leather chairs. If it does what it’s claimed to do it would crack and break off when the leather is sat in, flexed, moved etc.
Don't hate it until you try it. Ceramic on seats is easily DIYable.

Reactions: signalbobby
I added it as a tab on the bottom of the spreadsheet :)

View attachment 777082

Edit: Whoever cleaned it up, its gorgeous :)
Perfect. Thank you!

Reactions: studioloft
That’s such BS and a money grab. Just think about it. The claims on ceramic coating are because it’s hard, yes? Typically marketed around 9h hardness, yes?

PPF marketing is it’s self healing and protective, yes? To be self healing the material must be soft to melt in on itself when heated.

If you apply something with a 9h hardness rating to something specifically designed to flex and move to fill scratches, what do you think happens if both claims are true? You would have a heavily cracked coating.

The same applies to applying ceramic coating to leather chairs. If it does what it’s claimed to do it would crack and break off when the leather is sat in, flexed, moved etc.

It's not a money grab since I do and have done all my own ceramic for the last 10 years.

Even good PPF healing times are far shorter than their serviceable lives of the film. Ceramic coatings provide PPF extra protection against mechanical and chemical exposure. They reduce the wear from sand blasting and they provide an inert chemical barrier against corrosive sprays and bird dung. They add an extra shine that you only get temporarily with waxes or other temporary polymers. I've completely dispensed with any kind of waxing since using ceramic coatings. So not only does it save me a ton of regular detailing time it also reduces washing time and water use. Ceramic coatings on PPF, just like paint, make water bead right off. More importantly, the glass keeps the dust from adhering to the paint or PFF so that the initial blast with an agitator results in a car that already looks completely clean even before moving to the foamer.

Hi! Me again!

Thought I would show you folks a stealth wrap, full tint, and smoked head/tail lights refresh model X. Just had it done:

View attachment 776977
View attachment 776978
View attachment 776979
View attachment 776980

I had it completed at OCDetailing in Fremont.

Wow that's awesome. Inspiring because I ordered the same color and my car will be going over to OCDetailing also. Well, once I take delivery that is.

(Update for the room: Still in the "VIN but no delivery appointment" state, also my delivery window just went from 3/5-3/8 to 3/5-3/9...and today is 3/5 so I'd guess the chance for a delivery this weekend is not high.)

Bruce.

Reactions: bmah