Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok thanks. Sorry if I am asking this again, but has anyone tried the 3D Maxpider all weather floor mats?
I bought them a week ago. delivered yesterday and I pick up March 12th so i can post a picture/review when i put them in. At first glance, they seem THINNER than the pictures would suggest, compared to weathertech they seem lower quality BUT the material is different and weathertech always seemed slippery, they do not seem slippery. I used them on a 911 turbo and my feet would always slip around on the weathertech mats. didn't like them at all

I bought them a week ago. delivered yesterday and I pick up March 12th so i can post a picture/review when i put them in. At first glance, they seem THINNER than the pictures would suggest, compared to weathertech they seem lower quality BUT the material is different and weathertech always seemed slippery, they do not seem slippery. I used them on a 911 turbo and my feet would always slip around on the weathertech mats. didn't like them at all
Ok thanks.

Was refusing delivery an option in your situation?

Bruce.
haha. people talk about this. how many people have actually refused delivery that you know of? I'm sure it's a VERY small percentage. I doubt most people (including you and I) would refuse delivery unless the car is simple un-driveable. after this long of a wait with the anticipation...seems unlikely.

View attachment 777424
Picked up yesterday, new badge, new tailight/charger port, same headlights. Build date 2/19/22
So does that one port accept both the Tesla and the huge one that you see on non Tesla chargers?
I was thinking there would be two ports there one Tesla and the other for the most common non Tesla charger, though the non-Tesla chargers I seen recently seem to be not working.
Also have you tried charging with a non Tesla charger or is there some software / hardware that will be needed?

So does that one port accept both the Tesla and the huge one that you see on non Tesla chargers?
I was thinking there would be two ports there one Tesla and the other for the most common non Tesla charger, though the non-Tesla chargers I seen recently seem to be not working.
Also have you tried charging with a non Tesla charger or is there some software / hardware that will be needed?
You need a CCS hardware dongle that Tesla is currently only selling in South Korea.

Tesla’s only have 1 port. Tesla charger only. You have you use an adapter for other chargers. CCS adapter is not available in NA yet.

Reactions: TallBill
haha. people talk about this. how many people have actually refused delivery that you know of? I'm sure it's a VERY small percentage. I doubt most people (including you and I) would refuse delivery unless the car is simple un-driveable. after this long of a wait with the anticipation...seems unlikely.

Oof. This question was discussed a little while back. There are two or three regulars here that have refused delivery.

The argument for this - we as consumers need to set the precedent that it is not okay to deliver a $105k+ car with so many issues. Refusing delivery is supposed to send a message to Tesla that what they are doing is not okay.

The problem with this is so many people - including myself - have been waiting for so long that to turn away a car that we need is simply not an option. 99.9% of the time the issues we experience upon delivery are not significant enough to claim Lemon Law on a car anyways. Almost all issues at delivery can be addressed by the SC later on.

The analogy I like to use - Tesla making the Model X is like ordering a filet mignon from a fast food restaurant. Sure the product is "luxury"... but in reality all the restaurant cares about is high throughput and high profit margin. In this model quality suffers.. but this model works - car reservations are sold out through 2023. Remember the same person assembling the "economy" Model 3 is the same person assembling the "luxury" Model X.

Oof. This question was discussed a little while back. There are two or three regulars here that have refused delivery.

The argument for this - we as consumers need to set the precedent that it is not okay to deliver a $105k+ car with so many issues. Refusing delivery is supposed to send a message to Tesla that what they are doing is not okay.

The problem with this is so many people - including myself - have been waiting for so long that to turn away a car that we need is simply not an option. 99.9% of the time the issues we experience upon delivery are not significant enough to claim Lemon Law on a car anyways. Almost all issues at delivery can be addressed by the SC later on.

The analogy I like to use - Tesla making the Model X is like ordering a filet mignon from a fast food restaurant. Sure the product is "luxury"... but in reality all the restaurant cares about is high throughput and high profit margin. In this model quality suffers.. but this model works - car reservations are sold out through 2023. Remember the same person assembling the "economy" Model 3 is the same person assembling the "luxury" Model X.
Model 3s and Ys are being produced nearly flawlessly. I mean tolerances are incredible. The process is extremely optimized for quality at scale.

Model X still has a good deal of built-by-hand (but in a rush) roughness. I think there’s a trend toward higher quality.