Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got VINed! After 378 days of waiting I hope this is it! Can you tell which month a vehicle is built based on just the VIN? NF on the VIN indicates it's a 2022 built in Fremont.

MX LR, MSM, 6 Seats, So Cal area.
7SAXCBE53NF3348xx

Screenshot_20220307-161054__01.jpg

But we’re not hearing anything like that from the owners of Audi or Porsche. And they are even cheaper!
Not on this forum, probably not many but check out their forums. But then again they're selling less and less of their cars. Their ramping down in sales, and have way more time for detail. Tesla is in the middle of an epic monumental ramp up, which'll probably keep going to the end of the decade, for better or worse.

Last edited:
Finally got VINed! After 378 days of waiting I hope this is it! Can you tell which month a vehicle is built based on just the VIN? NF on the VIN indicates it's a 2022 built in Fremont.

7SAXCBE53NF3348xx

View attachment 778068
I have the same order date as you in San Diego and still stuck on July. My rn starts with 11454 so I was slightly ahead of you as well. Did you have a march edd before you got vin?

VINer!

June 17 2021 order
Black / White / 6 Seat / 20” wheels
Chicago - Grand Ave delivery

When is a good time to change from cash payment to do credit app and trade in? Should I wait for delivery to be scheduled?
Got my VIN then a few days later delivery date…. That’s when I did the credit application. It took less than 30mins to get approved.

I have the same order date as you in San Diego and still stuck on July. My rn starts with 11454 so I was slightly ahead of you as well. Did you have a march edd before you got vin?
You should’ve realized by now Tesla doesn’t go by order date. You could’ve ordered a Plaid last year and still waiting while your neighbor who ordered 2 weeks ago is taking delivery, with the same spec. Welcome to Tesla.

Long time lurker here. Ordered Oct 11th. Got Vin'ed early Feb and got my plaid X on March 5th at 1:30PM. And after only a day, literally 24 hours later. At 1:30 March 6th, the FWD broke down. The joint part didn't assemble well I guess. When I tried to open the FWD for my wife we heard a loud sound and then a piece of plastic dropped off the roof. And then we found out the roof cracked opened. That's where it holds the joint of the FWD. My wife was pissed. An almost 140k worth of vehicle has worse quality than her Toyota Rav 4. And my friends were also making fun of the 140k car that only lasted for ONE day. The service told us it's gonna be a while since they have to order parts from CA. We're so frustrated at this point that we just told them to keep the car and we can have our money back. But was told that was not the option. Seriously. Who could've imagine that. We should've gone with X7 or a Cayenne. We will probably still ending up selling the car when we have it back. The quality issue is unbelievable at this price point
I think you me and others need to contact Tesla or even Elon and figure what the **** is going on for their most expensive(ish) vehicle. The quality is horrible. If they screwed that, what else did they? It'd a "simple" thing to have the bolts and nuts assembled properly. How can we trust anything else is?

I see way too many stories like this and tbf it really has me scared. This will be my first Tesla and my first EV in general. I already had to work hard to sell my wife on getting this thing in the first place... had to convince her to try the Yoke... then Tesla removed creep mode and I had to talk her off the ledge and convince her to try regen driving.... But I think if something like that happens it will be 3 strikes and I'm out lol.
I would get a 3 or Y first.

7SAXCBE53NF3348xx

View attachment 778068

sounds like LR in Cali have been getting a lot of love lately; Tesla def doesn't follow trends when we thought the Plaids would go 1st for max profit

Reactions: T3slafan2500
Every time a new car gets delivered, I'm so happy to hear a new owners thoughts. Thanks so much, and great review!! Are you on 20's? And how does it handle for you?
22's... handling is surprising for such a huge car. It feels slightly better than my old S, but I don't know how much of that is down to always leaving it on sport mode because it feels better with the yoke to me. I've been driving it like a grandma lately because apparently the "safety score" for FSD beta doesn't like my driving style at all 🤣

Took delivery yesterday at 2pm. Fastest I've ever picked up a car. Longest part was looking the car over and the charging port door wouldn't close completely. Fixing that took about 30 min.

Few other issues.
  • Drivers side FWD is misaligned
  • Small dent on drivers side front fender
  • Rear bumper has small gap on both sides
  • Trunk has small gap on passenger side.
Service Appointment is scheduled for Friday.

Other than those small issues, the car is awesome. Build date is 1/22.

Next up is Tint, new floor mats, summer wheels, and Xpel Stealth.

Thank you all for making this wait enjoyable. I felt like a pro with all the information I gained from here...

View attachment 777663

I've got an appointment for XPEL stealth coming up soon as well... I'm curious, are going to do it (or matte vinyl) over the trim or leave it glossy? I'm still on the fence personally because the black really does look quite good as is.

The range on the LRMX Refresh can be impressive — this morning I drove 14 miles to an appointment and back… so 28 miles in all… combination of city and Highway driving, plenty of start and stop traffic and I drove 67 on the highway…. 20 mph winds today, so had a considerable tailwind on the way there and headwind on the way back. Temp was 63 and I didn’t use any HVAC. Round trip achieved 258 kwh per mile. Drove in chill mode.

The range on the LRMX Refresh can be impressive — this morning I drove 14 miles to an appointment and back… so 28 miles in all… combination of city and Highway driving, plenty of start and stop traffic and I drove 67 on the highway…. 20 mph winds today, so had a considerable tailwind on the way there and headwind on the way back. Temp was 63 and I didn’t use any HVAC. Round trip achieved 258 kwh per mile. Drove in chill mode.
Basically the moon needs to align with earth, sun, and Venus in certain ways to achieve. How many people in the car? What's the tire pressure? Tire size? Brand of tire?