Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got a date range of March 17- - March 31 for our white/white X that was ordered 12/20. Based on our buying history, that probably means there will be some major hardware upgrades starting 4/1. ;)

I updated the spreadsheet this morning.
As an early order like mine, I wonder if you will also be getting a field model X like they are sending me?

• Funny
Reactions: Stro and DelPhonic1
After 14 months my LR vin finally arrived. I’ll be selling this here in AZ if anyone wants it.

MSM
White
6 seater
20’s

Attachments

• 3665846A-C5C0-4227-AAAC-D362E79B5827.jpeg
    3665846A-C5C0-4227-AAAC-D362E79B5827.jpeg
    351.5 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: bhramabull
As an early order like mine, I wonder if you will also be getting a field model X like they are sending me?
I'm in a similar boat. No VIN yet, but just recently had my first actual date range assigned. (March 16-31st, up from the latest placeholder of July).
We got a date range of March 17- - March 31 for our white/white X that was ordered 12/20. Based on our buying history, that probably means there will be some major hardware upgrades starting 4/1. ;)

I updated the spreadsheet this morning.
Mine is a Red/White LR X that was ordered 10/20, but yeah... based on this I expect terrible end of quarter quality and big changes for 4/1 just to spite us, that is assuming I actually get a VIN. 4680s going into the X on 4/1 would be pretty hilarious, no? :) (Yeah, I know that is unlikely for a bunch of different reasons)

It is easy to understand how you would feel singled out. My best guess is that Tesla doesn't have it out for you or any other pre-refresh order, they just are struggling to make and deliver vehicles. Unfortunately, it isn't that they hate you, but big picture they just don't care.
I agree they just don’t care, but I definitely sense profit margins are playing into pre-refresh orders not being delivered. Elon said there are interior trim part shortages causing ramp up delay. Yet they are and have been building / delivering new MX Plaid orders. Some older Plaid orders are beginning to see movement.

Just a hypothesis but I envision once Giga TX and Berlin are cranking out cars at volume they will start 2020 5/7 seat builds. The lower margin of 2020s will be offset by the high margin volume of Giga China, TX and Berlin. Engineers focus on math not right and wrong. In this case the math works. The earnings call will sound like “profit margins are at a record high now Giga China, Berlin and TX are all producing at capacity. There is a temporary dip in the Model X/S margins as we build legacy orders pre 2021 and early 2021. Once we clear the backlog we anticipate margins will rise as we focus on Model X/S at current market pricing”

”ps… we are canceling all cyber truck and roaster orders as we announce a refresh of these highly anticipated models.“ JK…. 🤣

Reactions: 1pinhigh
Providing a quick update on my MXP! I picked the car up on 2/23. As I drove off the lot, the display was flickering. Tesla took a look at it and told me I inserted an incompatible USB key as the issue was now resolved. The following morning the screen was flickering again and I drove it to the service center for an unscheduled appointment. They kept it a few days and concluded there was a firmware issue on the display... all firmware was re-installed and the issue was resolved. Picked up the car from service and the screen flickered again. Tesla kept the car for another week, escalated the issue to engineering, and brought out a field technician to assist in diagnosing the issue. Tesla determined the screen was defective from the factory, overnighted a replacement screen, installed it, and now everything works great. So even though I took delivery 2/23, in my mind, I really took delivery yesterday when I picked up the working car. What a hassle... but glad everything works now.

IMG_9641.jpeg

Just dropped the car off for full xpel ppf wrap and 20% tints all around; 70% on windshield. Painful to wait another week but in the end it will be worth it! One note: on inspection, the detailing shop told me they found silicon sealing the edge around the passenger side rear tail light and they won't be able to tuck the wrap around that light because of it. She said she had never seen that before on a Tesla and there may have been a leak. Does that sound right, and should I be concerned?

More photos and updates soon - so far, worth the wait!

Here we go again. That’s four in the last 10 days with the exact same configuration as mine ordered months after me. This one almost 5 months after me. No question they are punishing those that ordered pre-refresh and that they now have to give a $2,000 discount to. This is just a massive piss off.
i felt the same way except i have a delivery date this weekend (order date 1/27/21) i don't think they are punishing people for pre-price hike orders...i think it's just as random as anything and there's no reason other than some logistics decision that we don't know of.

for the vinners, how many days from date range to vin? Got my date range on saturday just curious if (big IF here) I should expect a vin within a few days, weeks, etc.

I got a wide date range (Mar 10 -31) and then 9 days later I got the VIN.... Same day as I got the VIN my date range tightened up to (Mar 16 -22) maybe like 5 hours later or so....

But now my app got rid of the cards that you swipe through to complete tasks and I am not able to add proof of insurance... Not sure what's going on. All I have now is a link to go to my account on the website.

I got a wide date range (Mar 10 -31) and then a week and 2 days later I got the VIN.... Same day as I got the VIN my date range tightened up to (Mar 16 -22) maybe like 5 hours later or so....

But now my app got rid of the cards that you swipe through to complete tasks and I am not able to add proof of insurance... Not sure what's going on. All I have now is a link to go to my account on the website.
Do you still have a VIN? This is generally the state when you don't have a VIN.