Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do it right away when VIN unless you 100% know you won’t get denied.
100% sure I wasn’t going to get denied but registering at my Michigan home which is not my primary credit reporting home. Did the finance and approved at that address :)

Now waiting on my trade valuation for my 2021 MYP , trying to see if trading is more advantageous than selling … Michigan allows the full trade value to reduce their 6.5% tax. My Model Y as less than 3,500 miles on it and looks like the market is pretty hot on the resale.

How long did it take you all to hear back from Tesla on trade valuation?

100% sure I wasn’t going to get denied but registering at my Michigan home which is not my primary credit reporting home. Did the finance and approved at that address :)

Now waiting on my trade valuation for my 2021 MYP , trying to see if trading is more advantageous than selling … Michigan allows the full trade value to reduce their 6.5% tax. My Model Y as less than 3,500 miles on it and looks like the market is pretty hot on the resale.

I would be interested to hear what Tesla offers. I'm in GA and have the same tax benefits.

Same car/miles for me. No FSD.

Tesla offered $56k. Got quote back in 2 days.
Carmax offered $63k. Tax savings for me is $4k. Even with the tax break, the Tesla offer doesn't make sense for me..

My EDD is still at "March 11 - March 31".
I am aprehensive when checking the app for an update.
I do not know if the date will revert back to July, or if I will finally get a VIN.
So far, has stayed the same.
Once you get to 200 checks/refreshes it reverts back to July so stop immediately. A very well informed SA gave me this pro tip.

PSA: check tail lights carefully for sealant during delivery.

Right after delivery, noticed some silicone sealant surrounding one of my tail lights. It looks like it's preventing water from entering due to a misaligned panel. Crazy stuff!

Anyone experience this?

tempImagejm6vzd.jpg

tempImage6HrhGH.jpg

tempImageQXYhlZ.jpg

tempImageC9noMJ.jpg

PSA: check tail lights carefully for sealant during delivery.

Right after delivery, noticed some silicone sealant surrounding one of my tail lights. It looks like it's preventing water from entering due to a misaligned panel. Crazy stuff!

Anyone experience this?

View attachment 778437
View attachment 778436
View attachment 778435

View attachment 778434

This company is F'ing unbelievable... I keep asking myself why I am giving this sloppy, messy 2 bit QC operation over 100K. need to get my head checked after this.

Hey everyone!

Been lurking here for a couple months, and almost afraid to post this, but I have delivery date for next Monday, the 14th. MXP, MSM, black, 20", FSD. I just ordered on Jan 15th of this year. VIN 7SAXCBE66NF3296xx. Very excited (and nervous), as this will be my first Tesla, but feel bad for all of you that have been waiting here a year or more.

I stopped by the SC on Sunday (West Palm Beach), and there were two X deliveries actually going on while I was there. One plaid, one LR. The gentleman taking the plaid delivery came out while I was looking at the outside of his car, and was kind enough to let me look through it (I had not seen one in person yet.) He had ordered March of last year, so was very happy for him to be getting it. His still had the old charge port/tail lights, so now I'm wondering if mine will have the new ones or not. I did not get a look at his VIN, unfortunately. I did not get a chance to look at the LR that was being delivered.

Good luck. Tesla offered me 15k less than carvana for my MY SR...

This company is F'ing unbelievable... I keep asking myself why I am giving this sloppy, messy 2 bit QC operation over 100K. need to get my head checked after this.
I'm beginning to think that Tesla took a bunch of experienced guys off the Model X line who then went to Texas to help with it's start up and were replaced with new, inexperienced workers.

I would be interested to hear what Tesla offers. I'm in GA and have the same tax benefits.

Same car/miles for me. No FSD.

Tesla offered $56k. Got quote back in 2 days.
Carmax offered $63k. Tax savings for me is $4k. Even with the tax break, the Tesla offer doesn't make sense for me..
Will keep you posted.

I just submitted a value request from CurrentAutomotive
Let’s see.