Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
August
Hello everyone, I ordered my Model X LR 6 seater back in August, 2021 and received a VIN 2 weeks ago and they finally scheduled a delivery for this upcoming weekend. Extremely excited but at the same time very concerned about the quality of the car. A lot of people are reporting bad stories about the refreshed model X... Can you guys recommend which parts of the car I have to check thoroughly before accepting the car? Thanks!

August?? Damn! I'm definitely not hating on you..in fact I'm very happy for you......but Tesla has their priorities totally whacked and it's utterly frustrating!! I'm surprised to not see more outrage from people with louder voices than mine on YouTube and other places! I feel any other car manuf would be getting ripped a new one if they had people who ordered 7 months earlier STILL waiting to get their vehicles...with similar specs!

Pretty sure people have posted a long checklist which you can go through, not sure if applicable to 2022 model but shouldn’t be much diff:

Thanks a lot!

It’s 315 for 22” wheels. When I change my config to 20” wheels, I see 348 appear on my app.

How do you find this data?
Very curious to see what they tell you when you take it in... but if the 20" wheel configuration is displaying the correct Miles then that tells me that its some sort of software glitch related to the 22" wheels. fingers crossed thats all it is and an update fixes it.

Reactions: Stro
Very curious to see what they tell you when you take it in... but if the 20" wheel configuration is displaying the correct Miles then that tells me that its some sort of software glitch related to the 22" wheels. fingers crossed thats all it is and an update fixes it.

That could be it. The range is the efficiency constant multiplied by the pack capacity. The efficiency constant factors in the wheel type. Apparently Tesla even monitors the rotation per distance and can tell you when your tread is low from the difference in the diameter worn vs. new.

😮😮 I don’t even know how to react right now… this feels so surreal after all this time

675CBC47-A7E2-488B-BFD5-BFEBD31FB52A.jpeg

😮😮 I don’t even know how to react right now… this feels so surreal after all this time

View attachment 778532

Set it up for the 21st. The other option was Saturday the 19th and I already had a trip to Atlantic City planned to celebrate my birthday…. And I’ll be damned if I’m going to let Tesla ruin my plans after they made me wait nearly a year!

August

August?? Damn! I'm definitely not hating on you..in fact I'm very happy for you......but Tesla has their priorities totally whacked and it's utterly frustrating!! I'm surprised to not see more outrage from people with louder voices than mine on YouTube and other places! I feel any other car manuf would be getting ripped a new one if they had people who ordered 7 months earlier STILL waiting to get their vehicles...with similar specs!
Tesla has priority for order post price increases

i felt the same way except i have a delivery date this weekend (order date 1/27/21) i don't think they are punishing people for pre-price hike orders...i think it's just as random as anything and there's no reason other than some logistics decision that we don't know of.
It’s not pre price hike. It’s pre refresh. Your order does not get a $2000 discount like those who ordered before 1/27/21. They are clearly delivering very few of them deliberately

I see way too many stories like this and tbf it really has me scared. This will be my first Tesla and my first EV in general. I already had to work hard to sell my wife on getting this thing in the first place... had to convince her to try the Yoke... then Tesla removed creep mode and I had to talk her off the ledge and convince her to try regen driving.... But I think if something like that happens it will be 3 strikes and I'm out lol.
Deep breath…
Mega repose…
Ultimate equanimity…
Nothing can faze you…
You will get a great Model X. I believe it. 😎 🥂