Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up MX (hopefully) on Sunday.

Got a call this morning from Tesla asking me if I was willing to trade-in existing MYP. It's a little odd because I went down that road a few months ago with them and they only offered me $56k. Carmax offered $63k. I explained this to the rep and she wanted to do another evaluation/quote on the car. Said they were running "specials", whatever that means.

We'll see what they come back with this time.

It really seems odd that Tesla is that interested in taking trade-ins.

Reactions: Kaos_X and lsds
Picking up MX (hopefully) on Sunday.

Got a call this morning from Tesla asking me if I was willing to trade-in existing MYP. It's a little odd because I went down that road a few months ago with them and they only offered me $56k. Carmax offered $63k. I explained this to the rep and she wanted to do another evaluation/quote on the car. Said they were running "specials", whatever that means.

We'll see what they come back with this time.

It really seems odd that Tesla is that interested in taking trade-ins.

They are probably low on used inventory and probably have a lot of people interested and looking for pre-owned... They rather make a few bucks and get them in to the Tesla eco-system than have them look somewhere else.

Once you get to 200 checks/refreshes it reverts back to July so stop immediately. A very well informed SA gave me this pro tip.
I just received a phone call from Tesla. Said to expect a VIN "shortly". They wanted to know if I was going to trade in my existing Tesla X. I said I was planning to sell it to my wife's brother (private sale). Tesla said they would send me an offer anyway. Making progress (I hope).

I just received a phone call from Tesla. Said to expect a VIN "shortly". They wanted to know if I was going to trade in my existing Tesla X. I said I was planning to sell it to my wife's brother (private sale). Tesla said they would send me an offer anyway. Making progress (I hope).

Tell them No. I want everyone to reject Tesla's trade-in offer so they will offer me more. :)

I never even made it there, they called me 30 min before I pulled up so I just turned around. I wish I would’ve just kept going and asked to see the car. The guy said everything else was fine though only the rim damage
I got the scoop.....some of the S/A got tired of answering the phone and lying all day so they took your car for a spin and hit the curb. They felt bad and for punishment they are back to lying on the phone to us........lol....jk

I got the scoop.....some of the S/A got tired of answering the phone and lying all day so they took your car for a spin and hit the curb. They felt bad and for punishment they are back to lying on the phone to us........lol....jk
While we joke, I bet this is actually happening with some of our cars that show the odd miles on delivery and minor blemishes….