Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD keeps slipping. It's been "today" to "today + 4 days" for almost a week now, the intern or some cron job (what's the difference) updates it at about 0600 PST every day. I called Tesla on Monday and convinced someone to look up my order, but he could only report it was "not started", which seriously calls into question the level of confidence I can place into this estimate. Still have a VIN though.

Anybody else in this situation?

Bruce.
Hang in there Bruce, I have a pickup date but terrified to check to see if my vin has been removed.

Reactions: Elixir and bmah
End of quarter push must be happening? After over a year (Feb 2021 order) of having never heard from anyone, someone from Tesla finally called me and asked about name on the title, cash or finance, address, trade-in, etc. It has been July 2022 - > Mar 7-31 on Sat -> Mar 16-31 on Mon. Still won't believe it until I see the car and at the SC to sign the paperwork.
The same thing happened to me recently. I also received a call about trading in a car and whatnot. Glad things are finally moving. 🙏

Reactions: lexus26 and Elixir
I just got a VIN. 3351xx.

I'm going to be pushing this until new headlights come and quality isn't hit or miss. I am really tempted though to see if it is built well and just deal with the headlights. The build quality matters the most but I can not deal with caulked up taillights or broken FWD.
Who wants to tell him?

Ok I’ll tell him

You’ll be waiting forever… quality on the model X has been hit or miss since it’s release in 2016 and I don’t really see it improving any time soon… so if that’s what you’re waiting for then you might as well cancel your order…

Who wants to tell him?

Ok I’ll tell him

You’ll be waiting forever… quality on the model X has been hit or miss since it’s release in 2016 and I don’t really see it improving any time soon… so if that’s what you’re waiting for then you might as well cancel your order…

It was much better around 2020. At least for Tesla. The refresh definitely introduced more new variables.

I'll give it a look and might just take it.

Model X started in 2015 btw. I know because I almost bought a 60D before they axed that.

Reactions: sorka
It was much better around 2020. At least for Tesla. The refresh definitely introduced more new variables.

I'll give it a look and might just take it.

Model X started in 2015 btw. I know because I almost bought a 60D before they axed that.
Yeah you might be waiting for legit 4 years before it gets to the point where there’s no issues at all. Regardless, most of us knew Tesla quality when ordering so this isn’t news to most of us.

I was so mentally tired from today I came home and took my first nap in over a year 😂😂😂😂😂 Tesla some dirty dogs for how they did me today 💀
You hate to see it. Everyday that my VIN doesn't come I stand in the shower and cry. My wife asked me the other day, are you crying in there? I said no, I'm taking a shower. Then she asked why was I fully clothed? I told her I was washing them.

You hate to see it. Everyday that my VIN doesn't come I stand in the shower and cry. My wife asked me the other day, are you crying in there? I said no, I'm taking a shower. Then she asked why was I fully clothed? I told her I was washing them.
Honestly….I felt better having NO vin than getting soooo close to owning it just for them to tell me nope you can’t have it today because the rim is damaged….. 😒 lol I feel sick….. really.

Who wants to tell him?

Ok I’ll tell him

I think it’s smart to wait until at least headlights.

There are obvious ramp up / refresh teething pains going on and there is long term QA and Transportation issues with Tesla. The later won’t change for years. But the former could drastically improve over the next few months.

Many Workers putting these X’s together could be new since they shutdown the X for 1.5 years.

Not to mention the new headlights alone I think are worth the wait.

My 2019 Raven X has been great. No issues at delivery and no SC visits. But I don’t bring paint gauges and calipers either.

I think it’s smart to wait until at least headlights.

There are obvious ramp up / refresh teething pains going on and there is long term QA and Transportation issues with Tesla. The later won’t change for years. But the former could drastically improve over the next few months.

Many Workers putting these X’s together could be new since they shutdown the X for 1.5 years.

Not to mention the new headlights alone I think are worth the wait.

My 2019 Raven X has been great. No issues at delivery and no SC visits. But I don’t bring paint gauges and calipers either.
I always have calipers on me, mostly because I keep losing them for my 3d printer and they all somehow end up in my car.

• Funny
Reactions: cjkosh and henderrj
Hello everyone, I ordered my Model X LR 6 seater back in August, 2021 and received a VIN 2 weeks ago and they finally scheduled a delivery for this upcoming weekend. Extremely excited but at the same time very concerned about the quality of the car. A lot of people are reporting bad stories about the refreshed model X... Can you guys recommend which parts of the car I have to check thoroughly before accepting the car? Thanks!
first check that you actually have all of the 'parts'

I would disagree with that last statement.

If all Tesla cares about is money the FSD would be shipped first since it’s a software update at $10k of pure profit.
what about the huge team of engineers who analyze Data all day everyday to make it better...I doubt the are volunteers.
I just purchased an architect Software for my employee that cost me about 6k so I can understand the charge although id love to see it fully working before they charge that amount.

I would argue that ONLY for now and for just lane passing, and summon etc... it is a crazy charge