Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this is new. I am trading my Model 3 to Tesla for my MX and today I received the periodic email that I have to send more photos of the model 3 because the old photos expired. As I have done for the past 11 months, I took new photos and emailed them to the TradeSMS email address provided by Tesla. I have tried twice and both emails bounced with a postmaster error that the mailbox for “[email protected]” is full and can’t receive messages. Has anyone else had this problem? Curious if my photos went through to another mailbox or if I should keep trying to send them.

You're about the third person that says I should just cancel. Kind of surprising, I thought there might be a few more people who would offer counterpoints to my complaints.

Really, no one wants to defend Tesla? Am I wrong about FSD, Auto High Beams, Auto Wipers, Nav on AP? Do those things work for others and just not for me? Or do I just not understand them?

How about an explanation or defense for being talked down to by employees? For no contact with an SA since my original order? For being told that I could not take delivery at a service center (total lie)? Are these simply anomalies that have given me a skewed view of the company, while everyone else has had great service?

It sounds like some people want me to cancel so that I would stop posting unpleasant truths here, so they can instead indulge in happy idealism. But if I'm wrong on these points, then change my mind. Convince me that my view is unjustified.
You can't know motive on Internet forums, but it sounded to me like a sincere suggestion.

For me, I ignore boasts from Musk and the Tesla fanboys. I agree that some features are hot garbage. I've posted before about my disappointment with auto park, and I was shocked that it worked well for me earlier today. The rain-sensing wipers on our 2014 Model S worked poorly. And AP/FSD is still way behind its promise.

Despite genuine shortcomings, my 2018 Model X was the first time in 35+ years of driving that I purchased a second car from the same manufacturer, with a third on order (Model X LR) and plans to replace our old Toyota Camry with a Model 3 in the next 12 months or so. I did "kick the tires" of several other vehicles this year (Audi Q5, Jeep Cherokee) but I return to Tesla.

We're all enduring terrible customer service, and I'm enjoying the company of this thread while we wait.

Get whatever fits your needs and makes you happy. If it's a Tesla, that's great. If something else makes you happy, that's great too. You do you.

Last edited:
I have never owned and will never own a BMW. I don't like them and never have.

You're about the third person that says I should just cancel. Kind of surprising, I thought there might be a few more people who would offer counterpoints to my complaints.

Really, no one wants to defend Tesla? Am I wrong about FSD, Auto High Beams, Auto Wipers, Nav on AP? Do those things work for others and just not for me? Or do I just not understand them?

How about an explanation or defense for being talked down to by employees? For no contact with an SA since my original order? For being told that I could not take delivery at a service center (total lie)? Are these simply anomalies that have given me a skewed view of the company, while everyone else has had great service?

It sounds like some people want me to cancel so that I would stop posting unpleasant truths here, so they can instead indulge in happy idealism. But if I'm wrong on these points, then change my mind. Convince me that my view is unjustified.
Love my Tesla… Until something changes with technology with another vendor, I will not consider another manufacturer. It’s not my job to convince you to keep or not keep a Tesla. that’s your decision. that’s your call. if you want it, get it. if you don’t, then don’t. I want everybody to love their Tesla but if you are having reasons that you think you shouldn’t get it that’s a personal choice. Do I think it’s a dumb choice?… yes!!

We just want to move up one place in this infinite line.

The line for a 5 seater Tesla Model X:

image.jpg

Is it just me or has the assignment of VINs really slowed down as of late? I know there have been a sprinkle here and there, but overall very little movement recently. I wonder what the heck is going on? (Quality issues? Staff? Parts shortages?). I remember a recent poster saying that their SA said “they’re really pumping them out of the factory now.” 🤣🤣

Sounds like you’re not content with others not caring. Lol. Like others have said, do what makes YOU happy.

Tell them No. I want everyone to reject Tesla's trade-in offer so they will offer me more. :)
Heh heh. I sell new homes at a senior community. When I take my prospective buyers on a tour of the community in my Red MX they love it. And the last part of the tour is the acceleration run. I usually tell them to brace their heads … well not always … heh heh heh

• Funny
Reactions: Stro
Sounds like you’re not content with others not caring. Lol. Like others have said, do what makes YOU happy.

I will. I was simply wondering if anyone had any solutions to the issues I'm experiencing, i.e. am I missing something? It does not appear so.

36k for the M3P?!? What’s the details here?

It’s not too late to Carmax

Your car is probably worth more than that.

Is there a CarMax near you? They offered me $26,600.00 while Tesla offered $13,000.00. If there is one near you go online get a quot.

But definitely take your trade-in elsewhere. I got 44K for my 2018 Model 3 LR from Tesla. It wasn’t even a Performance or AWD as they didn’t exist yet when I got mine. I’d imagine yours being worth more for sure unless it was in bad shape or had previous accidents.

Just got back from Carmax. Exact same offer as Tesla ($36,000), and with Carmax, I'd lose $2,250 in tax credit.

M3PAppraisalCarmax.jpg

Plenty actually. It's a placeholder for new orders, but most arrive much sooner. My Oct EDD Plaid changed to Feb-Mar, then went back to Oct and then went to mid-March, then VIN. It is being delivered on Sunday.
When did you place an order and what state. I place a plaid order on 1/25 and it seems like a few plaid orders are getting VINS that are placed during this timeframe.