Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sad to say I am back joining the waiting room. Recap ordered 02/22/21 MX Plaid 6 seats with FSD. Took delivery 03/01/22. Had the car ceramic coated, PPF and tinted. On 03/09/22 went to get in car and it was dead, doors wouldn't open etc. and charger was stuck. Had to call Tesla roadside and they towed the car to the service center. As of today they are still diagnosing the issue and we're in a S rental.

Can only hope they get whatever the issue is resolved soon and I didn't get a lemon.

View attachment 779479
Ugh, I like the Blue though, that looks sharp.

Sad to say I am back joining the waiting room. Recap ordered 02/22/21 MX Plaid 6 seats with FSD. Took delivery 03/01/22. Had the car ceramic coated, PPF and tinted. On 03/09/22 went to get in car and it was dead, doors wouldn't open etc. and charger was stuck. Had to call Tesla roadside and they towed the car to the service center. As of today they are still diagnosing the issue and we're in a S rental.

Can only hope they get whatever the issue is resolved soon and I didn't get a lemon.

Hopefully it's something simple like the 12V. Let us know what they find.

Reactions: cjkosh and Elixir

View attachment 779479
Yikes, hurts to see such a beauty being towed away. Hope SC is just super busy and haven't had the time to diagnosis it yet and it's really something simple issue in the end. Best of luck to you.

Reactions: Elixir
getting close to q2 2022 and they are still delivering 2021... whyyy

View attachment 779479

damn please update us on what the issue was. best of luck its a simple fix.

overlay.live-meme-turn-on-off.jpeg

J/K. Sorry to hear it, good luck with the repair.

When I took delivery, Tesla said they'd cut me a check for the 24K overpayment due to them processing my trade-in AFTER I had paid the car in full. I called the day I picked up the car to verify that it was being processed. They said, "of course. Expect it in 2-6 weeks." I laughed and said ok. I just called again today to check on it as it's almost been three weeks and they just said, "oh. We show it here and it's not processed. you should have called earlier." So they are now putting it in for processing and warned me it could take up to 45 days to receive it.

Moral of the story: Don't give them ANY extra money or EARLY money as you won't get it back in a timely manner.

When I took delivery, Tesla said they'd cut me a check for the 24K overpayment due to them processing my trade-in AFTER I had paid the car in full. I called the day I picked up the car to verify that it was being processed. They said, "of course. Expect it in 2-6 weeks." I laughed and said ok. I just called again today to check on it as it's almost been three weeks and they just said, "oh. We show it here and it's not processed. you should have called earlier." So they are now putting it in for processing and warned me it could take up to 45 days to receive it.

Moral of the story: Don't give them ANY extra money or EARLY money as you won't get it back in a timely manner.

this is exactly what ive been warning people against, tesla still has a few hundred dollars from a financing mistake they made and overcharged me. this is dating back to aug of 2021 and i've been ghosted.

this is exactly what ive been warning people against, tesla still has a few hundred dollars from a financing mistake they made and overcharged me. this is dating back to aug of 2021 and i've been ghosted.
Not sure if you’ve tried this email (email removed at owner's request)

It’s the only one I found helpful in replying and solving issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the "March 11 - March 31" date range on March 1; still waiting for a VIN.
FWIW I get the feeling that their back-end database has probably outgrown what it was originally architected to do. It's slow to access, and appears to be extremely slow and buggy to update. I've had erroneous VINs, "sticky" VINs (ones that are supposed to be removed but aren't), missing VINs, etc.

Someone here mentioned that they heard directly from a Tesla rep that they're overhauling their entire EDD system, and if so I expect their database is a core part of that upgrade.

• Informative
Reactions: neverdone
Question about financing since this is my first Tesla.
So I got the loan approved, got insurance taken care of etc, etc.. the only thing left is to make my down payment. I see that in the app I can pay by adding a bank account which is what I plan to do….. however I am not going to do that until I get to the SC and physically inspect the car… so my question is

In the app when you make the payment with your bank account does it transfer instantly? So can I make the payment the day of and finalize the purchase

BB0BD60F-8C55-4CFD-9C42-210D514C30B8.jpeg