Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone using USAA for insurance on your Long Range X? If so, does it show up on your account as '2022 TESLA XPERFORMANCE' in the description? I find it strange that they would reference the Long Range VIN as a Performance. Now I'm wondering if the quoted rate is actually for a Plaid.

Yes, I registered my LR, and the insurance card says TESLA XPERFORMANCE. I think that might just be the wrong text description, but I don't think they're charging me for the Plaid version. The premium did rise, but not by an amount that would reflect the Plaid version.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Has anyone else gotten a text message like this?

Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model X in March.

Please reply MARCH if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model X is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time.

Anyone else get this text today? Does this mean anything? I have no vin yet, just a March date range

Please reply MARCH if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model X is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time.”

Anyone else get this text today? Does this mean anything? I have no vin yet, just a March date range

Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time.”
Just got the text message today too! I immediately replied MARCH lol

My EDD is March 15 - 31 (no VIN yet), so fingers crossed🤞!!

Just got the same one as well.

5 seater w/ FSD ordered Jan 21 in SoCal

Just got this text from Tesla:

"Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model X in March. Please reply MARCH if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model X is built. Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time."

If it wasn't for the drastic price increase, I'd probably have picked DELAY as March is still way sooner than I was expecting but I'm paranoid too many things could happen between now and DELAY that might blow my $119K price.

Also, no update in the app at all. It still says October.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Rickywraith
Yes. I took delivery on Tuesday. I had been in Florida and came back to take delivery and then headed back to Florida (I had always planned to be away for the Month of March. I never expected to have to wait over a year and I spend most of March in Florida every year). I picked up the car on Tuesday of this week. The SA at the Lyndhurst store was super busy as he was the only guy in the showroom and I was left to my own devices to figure things out. I spent about an hour going over the car and setting up my Blue Tooth, my driving profiles and my phone key etc. I'm no high tech guru, but I was able to figure most of it out on my own, but every now and then I would scamper back into the showroom to get some help and advice from anyone I could find. I could only find one key FOB, but by the time I was ready to leave the dealership a nice young lady ran out and gave me another one (they found it!). The car was perfectly clean (I would hope so) on the inside. The car could have been detailed a bit better on the outside, but I wasn't worried about it (you will see why as I continue). The car had 20 miles on it. All of the doors and everything worked fine, no rubbing or any other issues that I've read about here gave me any causes for concern. The FWD will need a bit of adjustment as the door handles don't line up exactly perfect, but I was told to make a Service Appointment through the app and they will take care of the adjustment of the doors. After hanging out as long as I felt necessary, I drove about 8 miles to see my friend Marcus Copenhaver at Mr. Detail in Oakwood Village. He is doing an Xpel PPF wrap (clear matte) and tint job for me. So I've only driven the car 8 miles, but it was a dream to dive and I had no problems with the Yoke (I like it). The turn signals will take a bit of getting used to and I honked the horn once by mistake (lady at the light next to me thought I was trying to pick her up. I didn't have time to take any pics, but I will when I get back from Florida. I told Marcus to take his time (I think he is planning a promotional video showing the work on my MX). I plan on picking up the car on April 2nd when I get back from Florida. One thing that is kinda cool is that any time a door is left open on the car, I get a message on my phone. That way I know Marcus and his guys are working on my car. I also know that they are keeping it inside as I can check on temperature in the car. That's all I know right now, but the Lyndhurst Service Center could be better staffed.
I'm still in Florida, but Marcus sent me a pic of the Xpel clear matte wrap. Next is the tinting and Ceramic coating.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
    imagejpeg_0.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 85
That doesn't seem to make sense.... Is this just because you don't have the VIN yet? as soon as I got my VIN I had someone on the Tesla chat switch me from cash to financing and I was able to then go in and apply for the loan seamlessly. Maybe try again with a different rep?
He doesn't want to wait until VIN is assigned because by then rates might have gone up. He doesn't want to switch now because that might bump him on the VIN Queue. He's right. While the account is "in processing" it won't do anything, even EDD could move. It will probably move back then he will get in VIN Queue again.

What he should do is secure a loan outside of Tesla (hint hint DCU). Wait for the VIN, then switch it to an external loan. I think an external loan is practically the same as cash to Tesla anyway and not sure if it can even stay as Cash.