Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fixed!
Total Orders584
Undelivered44175.5%
Delivered14224.3%
With VIN18131.0%

Check out the delivery checklist in our order tracking spreadsheet
View attachment 782354

Also check out the Model X Issues spreadsheet for trending issues.
Can you add another row named “Waiting on VIN”? Based on those numbers, looks like there are 260 of us still waiting on one.

I recently changed my config from 7 seats to 6 after a discussion with my wife. I was able to change the configuration while maintaining the pricing that was in effect when I ordered. Try it yourself, go and edit the design and see the pricing. When I made the change online, MXP was still 119,990 and FSD was still 10k. My car was ordered with FSD and the only change I made was to the seat config.
I have been wanting to do the same. How did you edit the design? I don't see that as a option when I go the the account Dashboard.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 9.41.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 9.41.06 PM.png
    588.6 KB · Views: 101
Picked up my LR 6 seat blue/black 20” X in Devon, PA today after 417 days. I was a prerefresh order (1/23/21). The $2k discount showed up about 24 hours before my appointment.

Tim was my SA helping me with delivery today and he was fantastic. The car was washed, tires were shiny black, he was super meticulous, kind, and incredibly patient with me.

Very few problems, if I can even call them that compared to some of the things I’ve seen posted by others. Here’s the issues I reported for service.

1. Drivers side door had a small but deep etched in scratch towards the top. he said they’re going to replace the entire window.
  2. Yoke worm is subtle, but present.
  3. A few tiny scuffs that Tim buffed out right then and there. One tiny ding on the passenger FWD.
  4. Passenger FWD very slightly misaligned. Like, so slight it’s comical. Had a few issues with that door not wanting to close all the way a few times though, so I added it to my service ticket.
  5. Frunk is a little strangely aligned. Kind of a gap on the passenger side, and extra difficult to close, like it just won’t line up (my neighbors with teslas all had a go and it took 4 people to get it shut properly). So that’s been added.
  6. Back bottom of passenger seat plastic wasn’t clipped together properly and overlaps (see photo).
  7. Had to push some weather stripping back in around the FWD.
  8. A few inner plastic trim pieces on the floor near the doors weren’t “clicked in place” and I didn’t really discover they weren’t until I stepped on one and heard it click, so probably push on those.

No weird sounds, no center horn yet. New tail lights and charge port. Old headlights. Hurled my body at the seats a few times to see if they’d move (thanks @Stro), and autopilot worked great once calibrated on the drive home. No phantom braking (knock on wood). Came loaded with software version 2021.43.202.
Going in for stek DynoPrism PPF with Jace at Focus Creative Company in Philly/Southern NJ after service visit is complete.

Yoke, from a woman’s perspective: For those of you fine gents who said their wives are absolutely not sold on the yoke, read on. As someone who was adamantly against the yoke over a year ago when they asked me to convert my order over to the refresh for an extra $8k, I love it. I even thought people saying they loved it were just in denial because they’d spent a ton of money on a car and were trying to convince themselves, but no, I love it because I actually love it. I am a petite woman and finding the proper seat height for my torso and legs is always challenging between reaching the pedals and seeing over the stupid wheel without getting decapitated by the seatbelt or using an ugly seatbelt pad. That extra bit I can see through the windshield without the top of the wheel in my line of vision is a game changer.
What I am iffy about is the stupid turn signals. I miss the stalks. I’m getting used to it, but it’s not as intuitive, even though there is a raised horizontal “bar” separating the left and right signals. I just don’t want to have to feel around for if I want to go left or right. Seems like a step backwards to me there.

So there’s my lengthy review. I hope you all don’t mind if I continue to hang out here. I attached a few photos of some of the issues I mentioned above. Happy to answer any questions! :)
View attachment 781957View attachment 781958View attachment 781959View attachment 781960View attachment 781961View attachment 781962View attachment 781963View attachment 781964
We have the same alignment issue on our frunk. I believe the issue is the headlight being slightly out vs the hood. We had ours realigned at delivery which helped even out the panel gaps side to side, but nothing could be done about the space where your finger is because it’s headlight alignment related.

• Informative
Reactions: John in LB
Congrats on your new car. My 2018 had the same issue with the front windows. It turned out to be the rubber the door glass slides against is too stiff so the car thinks your arm is out the window. With the windows down I applied some auto rubber conditioner like Gummi Pflege to soften the rubber, then the windows go up fully.

I have had to reapply from time to time. I coat all the rubber seals now when I do in order to help prevent them from deteriorating.
Thats good to know. It sounds like the driver window motor works a little harder than the other windows so I think that might be it. Either way I'm taking it in tomorrow to let them deal with it.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Hmm in the summary view, it says “1” under 5 seats delivered….is that google spreadsheet being funny on my end?
This is because people are prematurely entering their scheduled delivery date as the delivery date, so in the summary page it counts that as a delivery. I cleared out the couple lines that shouldn't of had a delivery date yet since they were in the future.

Please fill out the spreadsheet for tracking purpose.
Done

So I'm supposed to take delivery in 2 days. Went through the process of updating my financing and even signed up for Tesla insurance and already got charged for the first month. My VIN disappeared yesterday and got a call today from the local SC that my car is pending inspection. They said that they have about 30 MXs waiting to be inspected and my car is one of them. They said that they'll need about 5-10 more days for my car to be ready.

I don't know whether to believe them or not anymore. It takes that long to inspect the car? Shouldn't it have been done before the vehicles left the factory? And also why did my VIN disappeared if they were just doing an inspection? The guy on the phone just said that my VIN disappeared because my car was pending inspection. Something doesn't add up here. Delivery location is at the Tesla SC in Buena Park, CA.

On Feb 28 my model X order jumped to Mar 18-31 for a delivery window.
While I read about many others having the date come and go (and eventually getting a vin assigned) mine stayed where it was without moving for 7 days.
Then it went back to july. Although disappointed I was also optimistic that it would revert back with a vin any day now…
Today is day 11 of it being on July, and I’m starting to lose hope. Today is the first official day of that delivery window, so I’m still hopeful!

We have friends coming up on the 24th and I was really hoping to have it by then, as I’ll be loaning out my Model Y for them to use while here. Fingers crossed there’s some love coming to Charlotte!

While I read about many others having the date come and go (and eventually getting a vin assigned) mine stayed where it was without moving for 7 days.
Then it went back to july. Although disappointed I was also optimistic that it would revert back with a vin any day now…
Today is day 11 of it being on July, and I’m starting to lose hope. Today is the first official day of that delivery window, so I’m still hopeful!

We have friends coming up on the 24th and I was really hoping to have it by then, as I’ll be loaning out my Model Y for them to use while here. Fingers crossed there’s some love coming to Charlotte!
We will be picking up in Charlotte as well. I have always felt they are top-notch on most visits. We are waiting a 5 seater, W,C, NO FSD, 20”, OD 4-21. Please let us know how your delivery goes if you’re called first. Oh, and Photos of course.

Can you add another row named “Waiting on VIN”? Based on those numbers, looks like there are 260 of us still waiting on one.
1647605474239.png

No room on the home page without adding a row that breaks the math. I added it on the Summary page with the other miscellaneous statistics. :)

Orders w/o a VIN is currently 401. Total orders minus orders with VIN. The current "With VIN" number includes deliveries.

Anyone in DFW area who has or is going to take delivery would like to meet? I kept dreaming about getting my car now that the March 18 - 31 EDD is coming close... it has become a mental issue and I can't sleep well because of this anymore 🤯

I told myself that I wouldn't get my hopes up when EDD changed from July to March, but I just can't control it...
Thank you!!! I have been dreaming about getting a VIN for the past few nights! Not getting the car - just the VIN - that's how pathetic my neurosis has become with this thing!

Hopefully you will be VINdicated soon😂