Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on this. I took my first 50+ mile trip today. The phantom braking is NUTS. It almost got me hit a few times so I'm laying off of Autopilot until I get FSD beta. I'm not sure if I have bad cameras or what. But that scared the crap out of me. We'll see how my trip back home goes tonight.
You don’t have bad cameras AP just sucks bad on the X’s mines will phantom brake EVERY single time a semi is coming towards me. Slams on the brakes hard almost coming to a complete stop and throws a FCW warning when I was actually in no danger at all. Semi wasn’t even close. Regular AP is too much of a hassle to use on the X without FSD (assuming FSD makes the X better) . I hope elon lets new testers in this weekend 😭

I've been reading the Facebook Model X group this morning. In addition to a steady stream of 5 seater vins, there is one comment about a neighbor who took delivery of a refreshed 7 seater recently. Could be confusion I suppose, but that group is larger in size it would be more likely to report deliveries first.
That is HUGE news for us, 7 seaters. I hope it's TRUE!

On Feb 28 my model X order jumped to Mar 18-31 for a delivery window.
While I read about many others having the date come and go (and eventually getting a vin assigned) mine stayed where it was without moving for 7 days.
Then it went back to july. Although disappointed I was also optimistic that it would revert back with a vin any day now…
Today is day 11 of it being on July, and I’m starting to lose hope. Today is the first official day of that delivery window, so I’m still hopeful!

We have friends coming up on the 24th and I was really hoping to have it by then, as I’ll be loaning out my Model Y for them to use while here. Fingers crossed there’s some love coming to Charlotte!
I still have my Mar 18 - 31 EDD, and today is Mar 18. From what I've read going back to July might be a good thing, hope you'll get your VIN soon!

Enough chitchat, going back to refresh every 2 seconds.

I've been reading the Facebook Model X group this morning. In addition to a steady stream of 5 seater vins, there is one comment about a neighbor who took delivery of a refreshed 7 seater recently. Could be confusion I suppose, but that group is larger in size it would be more likely to report deliveries first.
Send me a link to this group. I must join.

Yes. I have a delivery scheduled 3/25 outside Chicago. Got my VIN last week.
I'll be picking mine up as well on 3/25! I'm picking up at the Westmont, IL SC. 2021 VIN - looking forward to it. LR 6 seater, grey exterior, white interior.

I got a VIN assigned 3/8 and received notice that the X was en route late on the 16th. Probably on a train somewhere on the BNSF as we speak!

Funny enough, within seconds of my clicking on the delivery checklist on this forum, I got the text to schedule delivery. For the superstitious out there, this may work for you too!

So I'm supposed to take delivery in 2 days. Went through the process of updating my financing and even signed up for Tesla insurance and already got charged for the first month. My VIN disappeared yesterday and got a call today from the local SC that my car is pending inspection. They said that they have about 30 MXs waiting to be inspected and my car is one of them. They said that they'll need about 5-10 more days for my car to be ready.

I don't know whether to believe them or not anymore. It takes that long to inspect the car? Shouldn't it have been done before the vehicles left the factory? And also why did my VIN disappeared if they were just doing an inspection? The guy on the phone just said that my VIN disappeared because my car was pending inspection. Something doesn't add up here. Delivery location is at the Tesla SC in Buena Park, CA.
Too bad we can't get them delivered in Walnut rather than Buena Park. No vin yet but questimated date 3/14 to 3/31.

Reactions: DelPhonic1