Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone gotten VIN during the weekend before? Trying to decide if I should enjoy my weekend or refresh every 2 seconds like I did during the week..l
There’s a pathological association between visiting this forum and checking the Tesla account. Visiting the forum —> increased account refreshes. The account refresh is recurrent agony! But the forum is fun. 😅

This is looking real. Just got a text from Tesla Las Vegas saying to watch for a UPS air delivery to my home with papers to sign, photograph, text images back, and return wet signature docs for my 2018 Red/cream MX 5 seater trade in that has been such a nice temporary vehicle for me. Watch for it on the Tesla used car site soon - assuming I take delivery of my 2021 field model.

General Tesla Model X Delivery Checklist:

Step 1: Fully Disassemble Vehicle.
Step 2: confirm all parts present
Step 3: Reassemble.
Step 4: enjoy. 😝

Actually when I’ve disassembled stuff in the past, it always has amazed me how many parts I have left over after reassembling a functional item! 😆
Since Elon wants to cast the car in one piece, the only thing you need to disassemble would be the air freshener.

None taken. It is fake. My wrap shop charged me $22 and told me they bought it from the web not Tesla OEM. They had two options. I went with mat black. If anyone finds OEM badge please post. I would love to get it replaced.
I think the most authentic way to get it is to paint, wrap, or plastic dip the oem emblem. From what I’ve been told you end up losing some of the adhesive when you remove it which is why most wrap places replace it vs modifying and reinstalling it. That’s at least what the wrap places I called told me. I just chose to go debadged for now in the rear with the front Tesla symbol wrapped in gloss black.

• Informative
Reactions: Niranga
Alrighty boys and girls, I would like to take a moment to reiterate the advice that others have given here in the past yet I failed to follow:
if you have issues with your car at delivery, refuse delivery.

I had some issues at delivery last night and was told they could take the car back and "try" to get it back to me today or I could just bring it in first thing this morning. I chose to keep it so I could have more time to find any other issues and get them fixed all at once.

Nope. That’s not how it works at all.

I won't go into detail on how they acted like I was the biggest piece of sh*t to ever walk on God’s green earth for having the audacity to walk in this morning or how I was treated, but let me just emphasize had I known how this process would go I would have let them take the car back instead.
There is no reason to make the final payment before inspecting. When we arrived at the store to pick up our plaid they tried to get us to sign and finalize the sale right away and I just told him bluntly that I wasn’t signing anything until I got to see the car. They didn’t give us any trouble with that at all. Obviously ymmv but has anyone actually been denied purchasing the car because they didn’t sign and pay first? Like, they made you leave and gave the car to someone else?

Calling all DCU loaners.

I need some advice, clarity and guidance. Please either reply here or DM if you’d feel more comfortable.

I know I I must “Join” and open a checking account. Is there a minimum deposit?
Online I have been offered a 2.99% interest rate for 70 months.

Here’s were I need input:
1. - I was told on the phone once I have my account activated the will reduce the rate for buy an EV.
2. - I was then told they would reduce it if I added payr direct deposit.
Are these two point true?

Is their checking account free? Aside from car payments are you required to make X purchases each month?
With #2 does my full payroll deposit need to be sent to DCU or can I send the amount of my monthly payment plus some padding and the rest to another account?
How long did it take from you agreeing to the loan terms to having a check to hand Tesla at Deliver?
How do you like dealing with this bank?

Many Thanks.
I opened an account for $250 and was approved for the loan. It was 1.39% for EV forgot what the years was..maybe 4-5 years? I funded the $250 via credit card.

My rate is locked but I don't have the X yet...they said if they need to refresh credit then the rate might reset to market rate.

There is no reason to make the final payment before inspecting. When we arrived at the store to pick up our plaid they tried to get us to sign and finalize the sale right away and I just told him bluntly that I wasn’t signing anything until I got to see the car. They didn’t give us any trouble with that at all. Obviously ymmv but has anyone actually been denied purchasing the car because they didn’t sign and pay first? Like, they made you leave and gave the car to someone else?
That would have been my preferred method but in Texas they wouldn't even let me schedule delivery until final payment was made. They delivered it to my house but the delivery driver jumped out and immediately shut the door and put it in some mode where I couldn't access the interior until I accepted delivery on the app. I walked the outside before I accepted and didn't see any glaring issues until after I pressed accept.

• Informative
Reactions: Zygote1975 and Stro
That would have been my preferred method but in Texas they wouldn't even let me schedule delivery until final payment was made. They delivered it to my house but the delivery driver jumped out and immediately shut the door and put it in some mode where I couldn't access the interior until I accepted delivery on the app. I walked the outside before I accepted and didn't see any glaring issues until after I pressed accept.
I’ve learned to never ever do home delivery.

Ah yes, I can see how it can be a problem with home delivery. And in TX you have no choice but to take delivery at home right?

ED8B27B9-990D-4D11-BC9F-176A1A538136.jpeg

Looks like the MX now sits at the top of the pricing table again. We have higher prices now in the EU as well!
With this steep increase & difference, really wonder if Tesla will keep its “booking price” promise when our late deliveries follow- I really hope they do not change the messaging or find new venues to pushback!

View attachment 782928
Looks like the MX now sits at the top of the pricing table again. We have higher prices now in the EU as well!
With this steep increase & difference, really wonder if Tesla will keep its “booking price” promise when our late deliveries follow- I really hope they do not change the messaging or find new venues to pushback!
I think they will. They have a long history of honoring the price when you reserved. When they get concerned about the lead times and potential future cost increases due to inflation and supply chain they just stop taking reservations like they have done recently for international markets for the X. Or they just remove the pricing listed from new reservations like they did with the cybertruck.

The cybertruck is the one I think we see prices go way up at release but it’s a preorder not a released model so I think that’s a different rule.

Reactions: lsds
I'm taking delivery Tuesday, what's the seat thing I'm supposed to do?
Try to pull them out as some haven’t been bolted down.

Ah yes, I can see how it can be a problem with home delivery. And in TX you have no choice but to take delivery at home right?
We have service centers, so we can take delivery at one. That’s what I did. Although home deliveries are convenient, we’ve read too many horror stories here in the last 3 months to ever want one. No thank you.

Tesla is offering a trade-in value of $40,500 for my 2016 AP1 Signature Model X with 125k miles. To the 10k place, is that reasonable? It's on par with KBB but to get their cash offer they want eyes on. Caravan is much lower and admits they don't have database info. Carmax wants an eyes on also. Just trying to get a feel of whether it's worth it to pursue other options.

BTW, Tesla tells me my VIN was built on 3/14. Chance of matrix headlights?
That does not sound terrible.
I would take to CarMax and in most places there are auctions were bidding goes on. Somebody here with more knowledge could chime in on how to find them. You structure a floor bid and always have last say in accepting. Main issue for me is that I would have to give up the car for 3-4 days.

Well folks, after just over a year I took delivery of my MX.

For the most part, its a fantastic car and only had a few small issues and one big one. The panel alignment is pretty good all around. The only place that I found an issue is on the driver-side rear window trim that protrudes a little more than it should (photo).

The big issue is that the "vent mode" is jacked up only on the driver-side door. When you open the door, the window is supposed to crack just a little to avoid a pressure build-up when you close the door. For some reason, the driver-side window goes all the way down when the door opens and when I close the door, it only goes about 1/4 the way back up. Also, the auto up/down doesn't work on the driver window. The delivery guy tried a number of various resets and recalibrations but nothing worked. Unfortunately, it happened right after I accepted delivery (which I had to do in order to get in the car) so they couldn't take the car back. The delivery guy said I can take it to the service center in the morning to get it fixed (or looked at least).

I put quite a few miles on it tonight and it's truly a blast to drive. The audio system sounds incredible and I even did a partial run on the light show (it was raining so I stopped it early). I just cant wait to get this window fixed so I can actually drive it places and leave it alone!

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix the window (aside from the soft reset, hard reset, factory reset and calibration of the window regulator), I'm all
Ok so the appointment went really well, it was seamless... the only problem was that they wouldn't allow me to open the car until I made the final payment which was a little annoying as I wanted to inspect it thoroughly first. no problem I just made the payment and then went out to the car.

- fit and finish was really good... falcon doors were lined up nicely, first thing I looked at were those door handles lol. There was a tiny little scratch on the back quarter panel, you have to look really closely to see it... I am not even going to bother reporting that, I will have the folks who are doing my wrap fix it, does not seem like a deep scratch at all.

- Interior was really good, some dirt on some of the seats which made me panick at first but then I was able to rub it off phew!

Ok so no the 2 issues:

- the panel behind rear window (not sure what its called) sticks out a little bit and looks weird... doesn't look right. Its in one of my pictures above. I put in a ticket for that... but the SA who I pointed it out to kind of told me it may be within spec lol, so I am expecting that

- passenger side falcon wing door only opens halfway and then I have to hold the override button so it can go all the way... SA told me it was because we were next to a pole at the SC, but it keeps happening everywhere. drivers side is perfectly fine.

So I put in a ticket for these 2 issues and mobile service is supposed to come to my house on the 26th (fingers crossed)

Ok so some of you might remember that I was kind of peeved because Tesla removed creep mode because my wife didn't like regen driving... Well it turns out its a none issue (pheeeewww!!) she drove the car home and she actually liked it after a few minutes, still a little rough but she is sure she will get used to it, it was only a 20 minute drive.

Love the yoke! and bonus my wife loved it too!!! I was worried about that. She loves the view out the front windshield and the dashboard display with no top of wheel there.. She loves the grip when driving on the highway.... It took her a few turns to get used to it but once she did she said it was great (took all of 20 minutes wow) needless to say I was shocked.. I thought this would be a bigger problem.

I have the new charge port and new tail litghts... Still on the old software like everyone else. I connected to home's wifi but nothing new to download.

- I signed up for a month of FSD, I figured what the heck for $199 I guess I'll try it for a bit. I would never pay the 12k for it though... Cameras are 93% calibrated so i'll try it later.

- Question for you guys do the back windows only go down 3/4 of the way? wanted to make sure it wasnt an issue (SA told me that's how they all are, but I trust you guys more lol.

-I have a 2 hour drive tomorrow morning so I will be doing some charging and other stuff

- And by the way I did get my 1,000 free super charger miles in my lootbox, came in automatically.

ok this is getting long so I'll stop here.. .if you guys have any suggestions about my falcon wing door issue let me know.... and any questions please shoot it my way.
I would be cautious of the door and rear window.
My FWD didn't open all the way and that was due to the door sagging too low towards the back of the FWD. (Door handles in the front lined up, but the rear of the door sagged down.

You can allso check this by looking at the plastic trim that goes over the rear wheel well.
If the door hangs too low in the rear you'll see it there.

My rear quarter window stuck out a little too.
So if the car was on a slight incline, the door would run slightly on the back and not open all the way.

Just my 2 cents. I'd look for that instead of them saying it's within spec.

• Informative
Reactions: lexus26
This is looking real. Just got a text from Tesla Las Vegas saying to watch for a UPS air delivery to my home with papers to sign, photograph, text images back, and return wet signature docs for my 2018 Red/cream MX 5 seater trade in that has been such a nice temporary vehicle for me. Watch for it on the Tesla used car site soon - assuming I take delivery of my 2021 field model.
What did they offer for the trade?