Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Excited to see some 5 seaters being delivered! But anyone else disappointed with the the second row of 5/7 seaters? I was hoping for something similar or better than the S— wireless charging, fold down arm rest, and 40/20/40 seats (not 60/40)…. No basis for any of these hopes, so chalk it up to wishful thinking.

Part of me wonders if I should downgrade to the MY, which has 2 out of 3 of these things. Anyone have both and can provide a comparison?
The seat in the Y is comparable to the 2nd row seat of the X in terms of cushion, recline slightly. However, there is more width and height available in the X. Also, the Y driver and passenger seat are a little too tall at the shoulder (great for sales) and it blocks the view of the front for the passengers in the 2nd row seats.

The ride of the Y is harder / harsher than the X.

Otherwise, I do think they should be improving the seat in the 2nd row of the X to correspond with all of the other upgrades in the S.

You know that's complete rubbish right? Radar can of course do this. We use radar to track ballistic missiles and intercept them. It can clearly determine the exact height. Tesla stopping using radar because it requires a decision when they disagree. Rather than do proper sensor fusion they went pure vision to meet Elon's lies about the FSD timeline. Even that failed because pure vision is not the entire solution.

Tesla knows that radar works. They used to have good ambition for it to rival lidar

Elon tweeted that information about radar not distinguishing vehicles vs overpasses. Please, Take it up with him.

Last edited:
Reactions: T3slafan2500
Today it's the 510th day of my wait. I live in 10 minutes from the factory in Freemont, and, likely, have the oldest order. Got calls and emails with promises and multiple text messages asking to confirm the month. But it's still showing July and will likely shift again as it did before a dozen times...
This is just such BS by Tesla. The company has no customer service strategy, no sense of right and wrong, and absolutely no shame.

Anybody had this message before?
6D51D2F5-AF3A-4FAC-9819-225BE3F43DA0.jpeg

Has anyone figured out the issue with opening the charge port door with charger button? Mine worked like the first 2 times and then never again. I’ve tried it at home with a Tesla wall charger and I’ve tried it at a supercharger, no luck.
Nope they claim to have ordered “parts” for my issues. Which wont come til april 3rd. The experience should be better 😒

Reactions: SOBX MX
You know that's complete rubbish right? Radar can of course do this. We use radar to track ballistic missiles and intercept them. It can clearly determine the exact height. Tesla stopping using radar because it requires a decision when they disagree. Rather than do proper sensor fusion they went pure vision to meet Elon's lies about the FSD timeline. Even that failed because pure vision is not the entire solution.

Tesla knows that radar works. They used to have good ambition for it to rival lidar

For RADAR. RADAR sets run the gamut from hand held devices (cops, fastball velocity measuring, etc.) to gun control radars (AN/APG-68 - F-16). Handhelds are fine for pedestrian tasks, but not for much more. RADAR accuracy depends heavily on RF frequency (wavelength). The lower frequencies (longer wavelengths) have difficulty detecting smaller objects; higher frequencies are good at it. Also, lower frequencies generally require larger antennas. Lower frequencies are less affected by moisture. And - RADAR sets on-a-chip (or chipset) have been around for a long time. Cost and weight are probably not factors. Have no idea what band Tesla's RADAR works in. Having said all that - I'm happy with the RADAR set on my 2018 X 100D. Yeah, I get the phantom stops but I've figured out how to deal with it. I'm more of a participant in the EAP process than a passenger. Just returned from a trip to the Washington Coast (clams and crabs - yeah!) Very pleasant both ways.
My vote - keep the RADAR and don't rely on it too much.
And - I'm still waiting. 1/29/2021 X LR 6 seat order and seeing a July EDD.
Bob

Reactions: lexus26 and jbrowdy
Does Tesla really have a history of cancelling orders after price changes? I’ve searched the web and can’t find any evidence of this. I realize they forced Plaid orders to move to 6 seat, but I’m not aware of a rash of cancellations by Tesla due to subsequent price increases. Does anyone have any references to support this?
My 2022 MYP was cancelled because it was ordered before a couple price increases and I put it on hold. They cancelled it and would not reinstate it. Said I would have to put in a new order at the new higher price.

Does Tesla really have a history of cancelling orders after price changes? I’ve searched the web and can’t find any evidence of this. I realize they forced Plaid orders to move to 6 seat, but I’m not aware of a rash of cancellations by Tesla due to subsequent price increases. Does anyone have any references to support this?
They forced me to take or cancel my release-night MY order by 12/31/21.

I’m not caught up on posts today re: what Sawyer Merrit said, but my intuition is this is another way to push early orders further back.

Even if SAs say it won’t impact your place in line, I would be very skeptical. Don’t forget rule #1 is to not trust what SAs say.

“Oh, you had a date range, but we pre-sold all black paint for 9 months. Sorry, we forgot to mention that part.”

Just a little positive encouragement for those of you feeling down about the delay in deliveries.
We have all been waiting longer than expected, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Speaking to the ramping of production, I added a column in the Historical Data Points called "Avg. Deliveries, Last 4 Weeks"

As a trend, the number seems to be increasing every cell. I highlighted the area I am speaking about below. I hope they keep scaling up like this! :)
1647826967740.png

Side note, I genuinely forgot and just rediscovered the other forums on TMC. 😅 I feel like many of us are laser focused on this thread. Just a psa - there are some other good threads out there 😄

Day 420 for me. I’ve watched a half dozen of my exact car configuration be delivered over the last couple weeks that were ordered months after me, and still crickets. I’ve been tricked into a more expensive configuration with a promise of December 2021 delivery. Nothing but lies and deception. I will continue to wait for the X for all the reasons we already know, but this will be the last Tesla I ever order.