Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So now it wants me to make the final payment but it must be more than 3 days away because it doesn't show the $6500 adjustment yet. I'm not paying anyways until I inspect it.

Just re-read my text and Giovani says the price is supposed to be adjusted when the VIN is assigned. I guess I read the 72 hour thing from someone else's account.

Please, anyone who ordered a 5 seat Plaid who's getting VINs assigned or just picked theirs up, when did the $6500 price drop get reflected in your final purchase agreement?

Looking for help/suggestions. I ordered an MXLR with 5 seats back on March 8, 2021. With the changes to EDD's and no deliveries of 5 seat LR's, I placed a MXP order on Jan 12 of this year, on a whim, even though the EDD for the MXP was showing as October. As you probably can anticipate, I got a VIN today on the MXP! Good news, right? Unfortunately, it's not good news. Due to an "unexpected" IRS surprise, there is absolutely no way I can take delivery of the MXP now. The Tesla SC in Kansa City is pushing for delivery this week. With the recent deliveries of 5 seat MXLR models, I have some hope that my original order placed over a year ago is going to happen sometime in Q2.

With that being the case, I have a couple of questions. Is there anyone on here that would be interested in the MXP? It's red/cream with 20" wheels, 6 seats and no FSD. I realize that there is "potential" profit if I were to buy and sell it, however, the credit application and tax payment would absolutely kill me. If there is someone interested in it, what's the process of making that happen?

Here's the order number and VIN of the car.
RN1163538XX
VIN 7SAXCBE61NF3367XX
That is the same specification I ordered and my estimated delivery date is October 2022. I'm interested please. I live in Florida.

for folks with EDD ranges and/or VINs, is anyone considering putting your order on hold for the new "possible" headlights potentially in June/July? just curious (i know headlights have been talked about a lot, but just gauging your guys thoughts out there)
Mine just came off of a 30-day hold last week so I have the July placeholder EDD. I would like the new headlights - why not if it's just a couple of months? Though I was told that I can only do 1 hold so I guess I'm stuck with whatever I get. Before the price bump I could have just spent the $250 and cancelled/reordered but now it'll cost me a few thousand. Once I get a VIN I may try calling them and ask for another hold. Can't hurt.

I also just found out about the Lotus Type 132. Doubt it will have a 3rd row but I'm looking forward to the reveal next week. Rumors are the top battery pack will be 120kWh.

I would wait until the last minute to actually get insurance, like the night before. Fremont even told me that, and it doesn't affect your delivery time. You never know if the VIN snatcher might show up.

Hmm. I uploaded my current USAA policy which no longer has my P85D on it. I assumed that would be good enough. Even the P85D wasn't formally added to my policy until the day after I took delivery because my insurance had a 30 grace period in California.

Looking for help/suggestions. I ordered an MXLR with 5 seats back on March 8, 2021. With the changes to EDD's and no deliveries of 5 seat LR's, I placed a MXP order on Jan 12 of this year, on a whim, even though the EDD for the MXP was showing as October. As you probably can anticipate, I got a VIN today on the MXP! Good news, right? Unfortunately, it's not good news. Due to an "unexpected" IRS surprise, there is absolutely no way I can take delivery of the MXP now. The Tesla SC in Kansa City is pushing for delivery this week. With the recent deliveries of 5 seat MXLR models, I have some hope that my original order placed over a year ago is going to happen sometime in Q2.

With that being the case, I have a couple of questions. Is there anyone on here that would be interested in the MXP? It's red/cream with 20" wheels, 6 seats and no FSD. I realize that there is "potential" profit if I were to buy and sell it, however, the credit application and tax payment would absolutely kill me. If there is someone interested in it, what's the process of making that happen?

Here's the order number and VIN of the car.
RN1163538XX
VIN 7SAXCBE61NF3367XX
Aside from the fact that I ordered a white color. But I can take the red also.

I placed an order for 5 a seater MXLR July of 2021. I got impatient and took delivery of a performance model Y in January. After almost forgetting about the MXLR, i got an estimated delivery date of March 26-April 15. My pricing is locked in at 89,990 and has FSD locked in at 10k. Am i able to "sell" the reservation even though I already own a tesla. If not, I would be willing to buy and sell if anyone is interested. Please PM.

It would be interesting to hear someone from Tesla address the random and ever changing delivery estimates. Im curious if they realize give the SA’s don’t proactively contact us and aren’t given any real information that this is the best we have to work with.

Some of it I’m sure is just denial (not admitting the car ain’t coming any time near March when they first announced the refresh) but some is either a bug in the system, or just pure incompetence or not caring.

Quite frankly not being able to tell your customers within a few weeks of delivery when they will get the car makes Tesla look like a bunch of incompetent morons who could care less about their customers.
Haha, you should see what my friend is going through with their ID-4! It's not just Tesla, the entire car industry a mess. Heck, it's everything from bathtubs, to bicycles, no one can predict when things will arrive or not. In fact, Tesla is doing better than most, at least they are increasing supply every quarter and not reducing it like Ford and GM.

Is it OK that the app doesn't see the configured insurance on the website? If I click on "Purchase Tesla Insurance" it just opens the insurance summary on the website. The main concern is that I can't go through the next step - the "Start" button on "Make Your Final Payment" is inactive. When is it going to become active?

IMG_1122.PNG

IMG_1123.PNG

That was strange. I went to add my credit union instead of etrade and that got further sort of. My bank called with my 6 digit access code that I typed into PLAID. Then it said account linking successful. Then it went back to the Tesla app and said "payment failed". I was just trying to add the payment method without paying.

Last edited:
For those that got vin recently did you check the app/web or did they text/email?
Checked the website - July. Got the text message: "Hi Dmitry, Your VIN is now assigned. Submit proof of insurance for your Model X and complete any remaining tasks in the Tesla App prior to delivery." Checked the website again - there was a VIN there and a 2-week delivery window. No need to check the website or app - just wait for the text message. And good luck!

Last edited: