Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering about this. Would we lose our place in line if we make a switch now that we can with no effect on new msrp pricing. June 2021 order MXLR original pricing.
my order date on my order agreement updated to 3/21/22 but my EDD didn't change from the July. If you place a new Plaid X order it is supposed to say October. SO hopefully that means i'm still kind of in the same place in line but who knows

I stopped by my service center to see if I could find my X and was delighted to see it along with 7 other Model X! I checked out the build quality and besides one quarter panel window being a little tight on the edge, it’s perfect. Now I REALLY can’t wait until tomorrow 😅. Here’s some pics!
Congrats! When did you originally order yours? We ordered the same build in December 2020. We had an EDD for March 17-31 for a couple of weeks before it changed back to July again. Are you keeping the Plaid S?

Reactions: bkokes
For those that were interested in my MXP in the KC area, (@femsoj & @babadoc) I had to cancel the order late yesterday afternoon. I received a text from Tesla stating that if I didn't schedule the delivery date by 5pm yesterday they were going to deliver to someone else, so I cancelled. I'm sorry that we couldn't have hooked up sooner to save you some $'s.

I find it strange that the first text from Tesla came late Sunday afternoon and I had about 24 hours to schedule delivery or they were going to pass me over. To make things even more odd, I went to the SC Sunday evening to look for the car and while there were MXP's in other colors there weren't any red ones!

I truly admire people who made changes to their configuration, I myself am too afraid to even add FSD to my order.

Have been debating if I want to add it - I am pretty sure I won't be using it in the near future with my kid in the car, BUT it is still "only" 10k to add, AND MIGHT (???) bump me up in the delivery timeframe. On the other hand I have it on my Cybertruck order and it's only 6 or 7k...

Reactions: Driver 8 and jc368
I haven't seen anything official from Tesla (there's a shocker) but the tweet below from Sawyer Merritt may offer a clue to why there is so much confusion. Was your original order place before 8/1/21?

View attachment 784275
I just switched my MX Plaid order to MX LR yesterday. Originally ordered the Plaid on 11/17/21 with White / Black / 6-seat / 20" config. I took delivery of a MS Plaid in November 2021 - which I absolutely love - and the MX Plaid was going to be for my wife, and I initially went with the MX Plaid instead of LR (i) because Plaid (obviously) and (ii) the price differential between MX Plaid and MX LR was just at the cutoff where I felt upgrading to MX Plaid was worthwhile. Delivery estimate was August 2022... I too got the whole "March 24 - March 31" updated estimate a few weeks ago, but no VIN, so was pretty skeptical the whole time, and the estimate slipped back to August 2022 again shortly thereafter. Oh, Tesla.

When I heard Tesla was allowing order holders to change configurations at the pre-price increase level, I decided to switch to MX LR. I had also been regretting the White exterior choice so saw this as an opportunity to switch to Black as well. Black exterior / Black interior Model X I find to be such a beautiful config; Black / White is also gorgeous, but we have a little boy with hopefully more kiddos on the way, and I'm a bit too OCD to handle kids staining a pristine white interior!

To change config I initiated a chat on the Model X order page. Made it clear in writing that I expected to receive the pre-price increase order book and took screenshots along the way to have proof (just in case). The Tesla representative told me to refresh my account page and that I should now have the ability to edit the design, which I indeed did. To sum up, I was able to switch from Plaid to LR and also had the ability to change paint, interior color, wheels, seat config, if I wished to do so. Option to add FSD was there as well, and for $10,000 (not the $12,000 current price). I received an updated Order Agreement which shows the same order number as I previously had but the "order placed" date showed an effective yesterday. Confirmed I received the original pricing ($10,000 below current MX LR pricing).

So I now have a MX LR order with Black / Black / 6-seat / 20". Delivery date estimate immediately slipped to November 2022. So three months later than my Plaid estimate was initially but ahead of the January 2023 estimate if I were to order this configuration today. Seems to indicate that you don't get bumped to the back of the line.

I truly admire people who made changes to their configuration, I myself am too afraid to even add FSD to my order.

Have been debating if I want to add it - I am pretty sure I won't be using it in the near future with my kid in the car, BUT it is still "only" 10k to add, AND MIGHT (???) bump me up in the delivery timeframe. On the other hand I have it on my Cybertruck order and it's only 6 or 7k...
Had FSD with my original June order. Deleted it in January. Added it back last week. I currently have it on my M3LR. I'm buying it based on future value. Price of FSD will most likely go up after reverse summons is released

Latest Fremont drone video:

To be honest, I cannot make heads or tails out of what is going on there - is this progress or are vehicles just being shuffled?
For a little bit of nostalgia, here's what Fremont looked like back in December 2017:

Lots of change has happened since then. Makes me wonder what it's going to look like in another 4...