Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I requested to change my Model X refresh color from Grey to Blue via email.

Jorge replied back saying
Thank you for reaching out. Before submitting your request please acknowledge that design changes may impact your estimated delivery date. There is no way to find out how the estimated delivery date will impacted or no guarantee holding your place in line.

My current estimate delivery date for 7 seater Model X is July, are there chances I will lose the spot in the line.

Order date 2/1/2021.

Did anyone who asked to change any config got this reply and went ahead and still changed the config???
I just switched from 7 to 6. My EDD still shows July.

I requested to change my Model X refresh color from Grey to Blue via email.

Jorge replied back saying
Thank you for reaching out. Before submitting your request please acknowledge that design changes may impact your estimated delivery date. There is no way to find out how the estimated delivery date will impacted or no guarantee holding your place in line.

My current estimate delivery date for 7 seater Model X is July, are there chances I will lose the spot in the line.

Order date 2/1/2021.

Did anyone who asked to change any config got this reply and went ahead and still changed the config???
Yes I made a change (7 to 6 seats and white exterior to black) through Jorge and I still have the same EDD July 2022. It took a day for the change to show up in my account.

Just had my SA, Mike, call me from the local SC. They got my X in (2021 VIN 6 seater). They inspected the car and everything looks great except they were getting a 'Safety Restraint' error popping up and needs a part replaced. Initially they couldn't get it in until Monday, but Mike was able to speak to their leadership to expedite shipment to tonight. I've previously communicated to them that we're going out of town (road trip!) Sat AM. I should be able to pick up tomorrow!

Overall I've been pretty pleased with the level of service so far. The SA made it seem like they couldn't sell the car with this type of error, but he also wanted to ensure it was an excellent delivery experience. I'm also happy as it seems like they are proactively inspecting the car in depth.

I'll keep the group posted!

Looks like they're busier...maybe...

Latest from the Fremont Drone dept.
In the midst of the EOQ push, why would Tesla load the infield with Xs instead of moving them to the delivery lot? Parts shortage again?

Just as a point of reference to others viewing the flyovers.. the test track area is less of an indication of production rate and more of an indication of issues/parts-shortages

We have established a minimum of 5212 MX have been registered with the DMV this quarter. Considering this number is almost certainly underreported, that would indicate a minimum of 500+ MX units are produced each week. Also keep in mind when factoring the last high 6 weeks of delivery rates vs the low first 6 weeks of delivery rates this quarter (per the spreadsheet) ....... it is likely the weekly production rates currently exceed 700+ MX units per week.

I digress, considering the relatively small throughput of vehicle movement in the test track area... it is indicative that the test track is less a representation of production rates, and more an indication of how many vehicles have issues or parts shortages.

Reactions: SlackerCat
I am picking up a "field" model X this Thursday (hopefully). The SA says if I do not like it I can reject and be put back in the queue. I believe the 2021 model has radar. I asked the same question on this forum and about half said to take it and the other half to reject it.
Today was the day to take delivery of our new "field" model X (2021 VIN) in Loveland.
The car looked great. I saw no obvious panel gaps (much better than our 2016 Model X); paint looked good.
Unfortunately, the seat behind the driver does not move correctly.
The tech's were not able to fix it.
The seat just moves forward; not backward; eventually the seat is pushed all the way forward against the driver's seat.
Basically unusable.
So... 2 tracks
* order new seat to replace the defective seat [no one knows the timeline]
* get another new Tesla X with a new VIN (we are on the "short" list) [not sure what that means]
Whatever happens first is what we will do.
I followed the advise in this forum and did not pay for the vehicle until we had time to do an inspection.
Oh well...
LR, 6 seat, MSM, cream interior, 20" wheels, FSD

I picked up my plaid today. Other than the paint issues, misaligned panels (doors/frunk) and missing hardware. It is a great car.

I will schedule the first service later today. Hopefully they can fix the list of issues quickly.

The good news is the service center is getting so good at fixing issues - it should only take a day or two.

It is absolutely crazy that just about everyone has 'something' wrong with their cars. paint issues, panel gaps, missing hardware, etc.
It's even crazier that despite all this, everyone is completely content spending $100k-$140k on a car!

Why is it that model 3 and Y can be delivered in almost perfect condition but S and X have so many issues?

Just had my SA, Mike, call me from the local SC. They got my X in (2021 VIN 6 seater). They inspected the car and everything looks great except they were getting a 'Safety Restraint' error popping up and needs a part replaced. Initially they couldn't get it in until Monday, but Mike was able to speak to their leadership to expedite shipment to tonight. I've previously communicated to them that we're going out of town (road trip!) Sat AM. I should be able to pick up tomorrow!

Overall I've been pretty pleased with the level of service so far. The SA made it seem like they couldn't sell the car with this type of error, but he also wanted to ensure it was an excellent delivery experience. I'm also happy as it seems like they are proactively inspecting the car in depth.

I'll keep the group posted!
My car has been getting that. Know how they solved it? Switched the wheels from 20” to 22”, let the system reboot, then switched them back to the 20”. Seatbelt error gone. Apparently it’s a known firmware issue. Hasn’t been back since he did that.