Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have read through a lot of pages of this thread, and it seems every third post is complaining about Tesla, or their lies, or, their SC’s…

I mean, does everyone still want their Tesla, even with all the complaints? We’re talking a 100k+ car here, and there seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction for Tesla. I am beginning to question it myself, I have a 2020 that I just had in for service, to fix the FWD from stopping almost shutting, every other time. They had the car the whole day, and gave it back and said they couldn’t replicate the problem. What? I replicated it for the service guy right there. It literally happens every other time you close the door. I left, and the second time I go to close it, of course it stopped again, like clockwork.

I have a Refresh on order, and man, I just don’t know… anyone offer up any good advice? Or their thoughts on all of this, lots of complaints, but everyone still wants their Tesla….
No volume production car is perfect. If you look close enough you will find imperfections. Issue is determining if the quality of your delivered car is up to your level of acceptance. This means, only you can determine if the car is good enough for you. Everyone wants a perfect car, but that is not realistic with Tesla. A car that you would find unacceptable, might just be good enough for someone else to enjoy driving every day.
So I’m guessing with the new August - October dates on the website for New orders, our existing ones will fall into that as well?
Wishful thinking

I use it to drive anywhere and everywhere.

Roundabouts are getting way better, less herky-jerky, almost human.
Left turns are getting much more human like.
City streets are getting better, less phantom braking. Also car is more reasonable about slowing down for turns (instead of making everybody hold on and experience the Lateral G forces as it careens around a curve -similar improvement noted in on-ramps).
Also it accelerates less fanatically as it takes a corner.

Still needs to plan ahead better:
Like, coming up to a light, at least offer the driver to move over to the unoccupied lane. And, get into the proper lane for the on ramp earlier.
Also on city streets it’s quite often getting into the exit lane one exit too soon. If there’s an exit lane to a parking lot / road where I’m supposed to go, and just before the exit lane to that parking lot/road, there’s another exit lane to another parking lot, it not-infrequently mistakes the first exit lane for the exit lane it’s supposed to enter.
But it still can’t recognize school zones even with blinking lights. I paid for it over a month ago and have yet to receive it. I miss it though as I had it on my 3.

A little advice for those having their business buy the car. At least in MA you must provide Tesla a copy of your EIN confirmation letter 147-C form which is obtained from the IRS. Calling the IRS is a pain in the *ss. Day one sat hitting redial for 6 hours till I finally got through to be put on a call back list. Call back was another 120 minute wait. Then the operator stated she sent the fax. It could take 5-45 minutes to actually send. No fax came. It seems my home phone voicemail automatically picked up and the phone never rang. Day 2 onLynn a 2 hour redialing effort to get a 45 minute call back timeframe. Again operator said fax was sent, not once but three times. My phone line never rang. Ended up going to Tesla and having IRS fax it directly their. Actually it get faxed to a email account not a fax machine.
Moral of the story, if you have a business and you plan to use the IRS 179 rule to write off most of your MX get your EIN confirmation letter 147-C form in advance of your VIN.

Here’s a deep cut that reflects my obsession with checking the app (to be fair, I have a Model Y that I use the app for)…

While my MXP EDD still shows “October” (some are claiming with newer orders they’re seeing earlier dates, and the website now says “August-October”), I did notice all the tutorial videos changed this morning. From the generic one video to the detailed tutorials by subject (keys, controls, etc). Could this be a precursor to a date shift, or is this just something that triggers X number of days (pun intended) after purchase?

• Informative
Reactions: sorka and KidsEyeDr
Here’s a deep cut that reflects my obsession with checking the app (to be fair, I have a Model Y that I use the app for)…

While my MXP EDD still shows “October” (some are claiming with newer orders they’re seeing earlier dates, and the website now says “August-October”), I did notice all the tutorial videos changed this morning. From the generic one video to the detailed tutorials by subject (keys, controls, etc). Could this be a precursor to a date shift, or is this just something that triggers X number of days (pun intended) after purchase?
I noticed the same thing

I received 2022.8.2 on my new X LR about 4 days ago, but the noise cancellation is not in the release notes and I cannot seem to find any other control for it. Where are you seeing it?

Edit: Not seeing that the center-yoke horn is available either.
Yea. I don’t see either myself. Maybe they were terrible enough that they decided to pull those features out?

New to tesla so I got a couple Q's for you vets. I'm sure there are a lot of guys on here that are new as well, so I will ask my question here as it might be helpful. (Mods, I'll delete and start a new thread if it's not ok)

So woke up to a few notifications and my range dropped by quite a bit for it being parked in a garage (10 miles or so). It says Climate has been on for 2 hours and windows are not fully closed. I checked the car is not set to auto, nor was the climate on. What am I missing here.

Also, got a message on the control screen that says USB needs to be bigger than 64? Keep in mind, I just picked up the car yesterday and drove 20 miles at most. can it possibly fill up that fast? Don't even know how big the usb is that comes with the car is.

Thanks!

New to tesla so I got a couple Q's for you vets. I'm sure there are a lot of guys on here that are new as well, so I will ask my question here as it might be helpful. (Mods, I'll delete and start a new thread if it's not ok)

So woke up to a few notifications and my range dropped by quite a bit for it being parked in a garage (10 miles or so). It says Climate has been on for 2 hours and windows are not fully closed. I checked the car is not set to auto, nor was the climate on. What am I missing here.

Also, got a message on the control screen that says USB needs to be bigger than 64? Keep in mind, I just picked up the car yesterday and drove 20 miles at most. can it possibly fill up that fast? Don't even know how big the usb is that comes with the car is.

Thanks!
It can fill up very fast depending on traffic by your car. It means big daily drain as well.

As far as AC running and windows being open, never had that issue. I’ve had the self presenting door open without me being in the garage which means the AC was running and music was blasting as if the car was having a party in its own. I turned that feature off.

• Informative
Reactions: ductordoc
How was your car? Please check if it has a defect mentioned in Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room
Catching a plane, but I’ll try to write a proper post tonight.

Short story: build quality has improved dramatically on these. Much quieter than my 169xx VIN Model 3, and suspension is fantastic. The only thing that kills me is I have EAP on my 3 and losing auto-lane change combined with the yoke made me nervous to change lanes while on AP. Disengaging AP, looking down to find signal, making the lane change, and then re-engaging AP made me fee like such a plebeian.

There were multiple Xs there and I inspected all while I waited an hour for service to fix a glaring yet fixable issue with mine. A-pillar “immersion” speaker and trim were barely attached to the pillar, like dangling.

This is a reason to hold off on paying, if you can, and inspect as much as you can from outside bc they rushed it over to service so I could take delivery. Some other minor issues with paint drips and what looks like an actual hair in the clear coat lol. I have one gap that’s out of spec on rear pillar — I can stick my thumb in it — but I’m almost inclined to leave it bc wing door movement was perfect. No scraping. Once you touch that faberge egg, you risk it getting worse.

I hate to highlight issues because overall quality really is good.

Tesla made huge moves for me to take delivery of the car yesterday, so I’m very grateful. My earliest available deliver date was Monday when I would be traveling. I was fearful of losing my VIN and rightfully so bc apparently it was assigned to someone else the day before and the person couldn’t line up financing while I paid cash.

That 510 # at Fremont I provided earlier is money. They made it happen! Transport, final inspection, and delivery all in 6 hours. Being a bit generous, I chalk up the speaker issue to me pushing them hard.

Again, will attach some pics later of my dream car and go into a little more detail. Sad I won’t be able to drive it for a week!

It can fill up very fast depending on traffic by your car. It means big daily drain as well.

As far as AC running and windows being open, never had that issue. I’ve had the self presenting door open without me being in the garage which means the AC was running and music was blasting as if the car was having a party in its own. I turned that feature off.
Thanks stro, yeah i don't have self presenting doors on. Forgot that was even a feature. Traffic was pretty heavy yesterday, whats the solution? Does tesla sell a bigger usb than what comes with the car?
As we are trying to figure it out, I told my wife, it's like a big iphone sitting in the garage haha. geez haha

T
Catching a plane, but I’ll try to write a proper post tonight.

Short story: build quality has improved dramatically on these. Much quieter than my 169xx VIN Model 3, and suspension is fantastic. The only thing that kills me is I have EAP on my 3 and losing auto-lane change combined with the yoke made me nervous to change lanes while on AP. Disengaging AP, looking down to find signal, making the lane change, and then re-engaging AP made me fee like such a plebeian.

There were multiple Xs there and I inspected all while I waited an hour for service to fix a glaring yet fixable issue with mine. A-pillar “immersion” speaker and trim were barely attached to the pillar, like dangling.

This is a reason to hold off on paying, if you can, and inspect as much as you can from outside bc they rushed it over to service so I could take delivery. Some other minor issues with paint drips and what looks like an actual hair in the clear coat lol. I have one gap that’s out of spec on rear pillar — I can stick my thumb in it — but I’m almost inclined to leave it bc wing door movement was perfect. No scraping. Once you touch that faberge egg, you risk it getting worse.

I hate to highlight issues because overall quality really is good.

Tesla made huge moves for me to take delivery of the car yesterday, so I’m very grateful. My earliest available deliver date was Monday when I would be traveling. I was fearful of losing my VIN and rightfully so bc apparently it was assigned to someone else the day before and the person couldn’t line up financing while I paid cash.

That 510 # at Fremont I provided earlier is money. They made it happen! Transport, final inspection, and delivery all in 6 hours. Being a bit generous, I chalk up the speaker issue to me pushing them hard.

Again, will attach some pics later of my dream car and go into a little more detail. Sad I won’t be able to drive it for a week!
congrats and what is the 510 number?

Thanks stro, yeah i don't have self presenting doors on. Forgot that was even a feature. Traffic was pretty heavy yesterday, whats the solution? Does tesla sell a bigger usb than what comes with the car?
As we are trying to figure it out, I told my wife, it's like a big iphone sitting in the garage haha. geez haha
This is the usb stick I got, works great..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BPKL2D2