Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait, I thought he was being sarcastic and or facetious!!

Tesla's quality is hit or miss because Tesla cannot get their sh*t together, not because most of us love the brand. Quality issues will never change, it's just a fact of life. The paint will always suck, the cars will always rattle and they will always just randomly shut down.....you dont like it go buy a Rivan or a Leaf or a Lucid.

that is the 2nd time i hear about a problem like that which doesn't sounds so common.
How can you live with an issue like that that happens "all the time"?

it doesn't happen all the time, it happens maybe twice a month. It has happened with every Tesla I have owned since 2013, I have owned 18 now and to me it's annoying but the car always clicks back on. I have never been stranded or had to call Tesla to let me in. This is not a reason I personally would get rid of a car.

• Informative
Reactions: Prairie
I will take it if you are not going to mark it up LOL. oh and my 2020 does that all the time.

it doesn't happen all the time, it happens maybe twice a month. It has happened with every Tesla I have owned since 2013, I have owned 18 now and to me it's annoying but the car always clicks back on. I have never been stranded or had to call Tesla to let me in. This is not a reason I personally would get rid of a car.
your words not mine.
he's taking about car is dead so i don't understand what 'clicks back on' means

Tesla's quality is hit or miss because Tesla cannot get their sh*t together, not because most of us love the brand. Quality issues will never change, it's just a fact of life. The paint will always suck, the cars will always rattle and they will always just randomly shut down.....you dont like it go buy a Rivan or a Leaf or a Lucid.

"hit or miss" and "always" are contradictory. I was fortunate enough to have a Model S without any of these issues. Paint was perfect. No orange peel, fisheyes, streaks, or swirling.

So you WERE being sarcastic then as I said I thought you were.

may be a silly question:

are we able to see what supercharging prices are before charging? I'm assuming they vary by your area so it doesn't make much of a difference but today was my first trip to a supercharger and I was a bit surprised to see $12 for 50% charge. While I understand this is much cheaper than the price of gas, for some reason I was expected $12 for a full charge. At the same time my wife was filling up her 2022 Escalade ESV (almost 30gal tank) which was funny.

ALSO, after supercharging...as i drove away my computer system went haywire. all sorts of alarms and alerts on the car. when i used the turn signals the camera showed a static picture of a car passing me (which made me feel like there was a car there but there wasn't because it was a picture from probably 10 minutes ago) so while driving I reset the system and all was ok.

Also Also, I got ran off the road by a driver who was not paying attention and while I was able to speed away very easily, I wasn't able to honk to let them know I was there in time because of the location. HATE the horn locations. As I looked in my rear mirror, the womans husband was upset at her for not looking before turning so no need for to be upset at her also.

may be a silly question:

are we able to see what supercharging prices are before charging? I'm assuming they vary by your area so it doesn't make much of a difference but today was my first trip to a supercharger and I was a bit surprised to see $12 for 50% charge. While I understand this is much cheaper than the price of gas, for some reason I was expected $12 for a full charge. At the same time my wife was filling up her 2022 Escalade ESV (almost 30gal tank) which was funny.

ALSO, after supercharging...as i drove away my computer system went haywire. all sorts of alarms and alerts on the car. when i used the turn signals the camera showed a static picture of a car passing me (which made me feel like there was a car there but there wasn't because it was a picture from probably 10 minutes ago) so while driving I reset the system and all was ok.

Also Also, I got ran off the road by a driver who was not paying attention and while I was able to speed away very easily, I wasn't able to honk to let them know I was there in time because of the location. HATE the horn locations. As I looked in my rear mirror, the womans husband was upset at her for not looking before turning so no need for to be upset at her also.
Supercharger pricing is listed for each Supercharger shown on your touchscreen map display when you tap on each particular Supercharger location icon.

I picked up my Model X on Tuesday. This morning I go into the garage to get in and its dead. Completely dead. Won’t open, won’t let me unplug charger, wont connect to App. Totally dead. Tesla says the only thing they can do is tow this piece of *sugar*.

This is exactly what I feared buying this car. Never again. I’m selling this car immediately after its fixed. No one needs this *sugar* from a brand new 100K car.
Take a deep breath, it will be ok.

I have a dilemma that I was hoping someone has an answer to. My Model X LR order placed on 2/09/21 has been so long in the queue that the driver's license I uploaded to the Tesla website last year has expired. So, I went to replace the old license image with a new one so that everything is up to date (hoping that would expedite my delivery.. ha, ha). The problem is, I can't seem to find a way to replace the old image with a new one. I can't find an "edit" or "change" button and when I click on the old image, it does not allow me to remove and add a new image. Does anyone know how to edit it?

Version 2021.44.30.21
So that’s 10.10.2. same version as i have. We’ve not gotten the new 10.11 yet but i bet we get 10.12 in the next week or so. i always have to consult with Teslafi to figure out the versions. but it’s getting much better. And thanks, DirtyTesla, for recommending being on mild, per your tests. It helps.

Also DirtyTesla, if you will, keep us apprised as to your new starship when it arrives and getting Beta onto it.

• Love
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
That really sucks. Sorry for your loss.
There should be an emergency release for the charger. Not sure where tho.
Thank you. It's frustrating to say the least after the wait they put us through. There is no emergency release for charger, at least not a manual powerless option. The tow truck guy had no idea how to power the 12v battery to get the doors opened and release the charger, so I consulted the manual and showed him what to do. Not a very encouraging sign that your vehicle is in good hands. Then he was very sloppy with the leads and I definitely heard some sparking and popping when he was moving stuff around. I really hope he didn't fry more stuff on the car.

Finally got the car loaded on the tow truck, took about 2 hours. I'm learning that owning a Tesla is just as much about cool new features as it is giving up a lot of features that just make sense. Like manual releases, a door you can actually open with an actual key, etc. I couldn't even put the car in neutral because we couldn't get enough power to do anything, even after hooking up the battery to the auxiliary power unit. So he had to drag my car out of my garage with the back wheels locked in park. I'm just waiting to get my car back with the "problem fixed" and find a whole *sugar* ton of other issues from this mess.

Last edited:
Reactions: AL Nak