Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a dilemma that I was hoping someone has an answer to. My Model X LR order placed on 2/09/21 has been so long in the queue that the driver's license I uploaded to the Tesla website last year has expired. So, I went to replace the old license image with a new one so that everything is up to date (hoping that would expedite my delivery.. ha, ha). The problem is, I can't seem to find a way to replace the old image with a new one. I can't find an "edit" or "change" button and when I click on the old image, it does not allow me to remove and add a new image. Does anyone know how to edit it?
Same thing happened to me. The SC manager contacted me and had me email a photo of my renewed DL to him. I didn’t even realize they had the old one on file.

• Informative
Reactions: EV-lutioin
Folks - has there been any improvements to the placeholder July EDD. It’s been weeks of no news and I think Tesla has forgotten that I even have a order that was placed a year ago
I'm in the same boat, I have a 2/09/21 order and no change in EDD. It's disheartening to see later order dates get VINs and deliveries, but crickets for us. I've been super patient for 400 days, but decided it was time to reach out to Tesla via email and phone. One week later, no response

• Informative
Reactions: aagarwa5
Hi,
I just took delivery of an amazing Model X long range W/Cream/20/FSD . The car production birthdate was 03/10.
I couldn't find a single issue (after following the guide).
Gaps are fine
Seats work perfectly well
FWD no issue at all
Charge port opens and charges well
No paint issues
No lights problem
No hardware missing
Delivery guy was amazing and had great patience .
software is 2021.43.202
I am really happy with it.

I Hope any car produced after March 10 will have this quality. Good luck to everybody still waiting.
It is an amazing car...
IMG_4456.jpeg
IMG_4451.jpeg
IMG_4454.jpeg
IMG_4452.jpeg
IMG_4453.jpeg
don't lose hope!

Hi,
I just took delivery of an amazing Model X long range W/Cream/20/FSD . The car production birthdate was 03/10.
Gaps are fine
FWD no issue at all
No paint issues
No lights problem
No hardware missing
software is 2021.43.202

I Hope any car produced after March 10 will have this quality. Good luck to everybody still waiting.
It is an amazing car... View attachment 786356View attachment 786357View attachment 786362View attachment 786365View attachment 786366don't lose hope!
Beautiful car!

Reactions: lexus26
For those that have a M3 and now X, how do they compare? I test drove a Y yesterday and it really felt like I was sitting “on” the car and not “in” the car. Lot of good things, but this gave me some pause.
It’s “different”. The biggest difference for me is the weight. Like I’ve had to completely relearn how to drive with one pedal due to so much weight being pushed down the road compared to the 3. Takes longer to stop. But it’s oh so fast. Love it. You’ll get used to the size quickly but will miss the agility you had with the 3.

Dilemma to end them all…

I ordered my MYP in November and took delivery on 2/28. Within days I ordered a MXP (see signature for deets on both). Today I went to my local sales center to see the lone refreshed MXP they had on their lot (red, black, 22s). Seeing it validated my order.

But the plot thickens… the customer who was supposed to take delivery today backed out. My SA (who has actually been very helpful) texted to say I can have the car IF I’m willing to update my configuration (keep pricing but paying for red paint) and take delivery on Monday! EOQ sales push at its finest.

While I am inclined to wait for the actual one I ordered, I also see current resales (for both my Y and the X) and think I could always take this one and trade in later, still coming out ahead. Am I thinking about this rationally?!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kitt9000
Thank you. It's frustrating to say the least after the wait they put us through. There is no emergency release for charger, at least not a manual powerless option. The tow truck guy had no idea how to power the 12v battery to get the doors opened and release the charger, so I consulted the manual and showed him what to do. Not a very encouraging sign that your vehicle is in good hands. Then he was very sloppy with the leads and I definitely heard some sparking and popping when he was moving stuff around. I really hope he didn't fry more stuff on the car.

Finally got the car loaded on the tow truck, took about 2 hours. I'm learning that owning a Tesla is just as much about cool new features as it is giving up a lot of features that just make sense. Like manual releases, a door you can actually open with an actual key, etc. I couldn't even put the car in neutral because we couldn't get enough power to do anything, even after hooking up the battery to the auxiliary power unit. So he had to drag my car out of my garage with the back wheels locked in park. I'm just waiting to get my car back with the "problem fixed" and find a whole *sugar* ton of other issues from this mess.

Can't wait to see what they said the problem was. Oh and next time, tell them not to send a tow truck until they can at LEAST bring the damn wheel dolly's.

Dilemma to end them all…

I ordered my MYP in November and took delivery on 2/28. Within days I ordered a MXP (see signature for deets on both). Today I went to my local sales center to see the lone refreshed MXP they had on their lot (red, black, 22s). Seeing it validated my order.

But the plot thickens… the customer who was supposed to take delivery today backed out. My SA (who has actually been very helpful) texted to say I can have the car IF I’m willing to update my configuration (keep pricing but paying for red paint) and take delivery on Monday! EOQ sales push at its finest.

While I am inclined to wait for the actual one I ordered, I also see current resales (for both my Y and the X) and think I could always take this one and trade in later, still coming out ahead. Am I thinking about this rationally?!

If you can examine the car in detail before committing and it's perfect or near perfect, I'd take it instead.

Can't wait to see what they said the problem was. Oh and next time, tell them not to send a tow truck until they can at LEAST bring the damn wheel dolly's.
The same thing happened to my ‘18 RWD M3 after having it for only a few months. The tow guy said he just towed a brand new one. The service report said something about the 12V battery and the drive unit was replaced. So apparently this is not uncommon. At the time, I questioned whether I’d ever get another Tesla and yet here I am again, asking for more trouble, lol

Dilemma to end them all…

First, congrats! Second: You ordered in late February of this year and can take delivery within a month. Some of us have been waiting over 400 days. What is going on at Tesla??

Reactions: retco and Kitt9000
Hi,
Gaps are fine
FWD no issue at all
No paint issues
No lights problem
No hardware missing
software is 2021.43.202

It is an amazing car... View attachment 786356View attachment 786357View attachment 786362View attachment 786365View attachment 786366don't lose hope!
Where did you pick it up at?

We have known that Tesla prioritizes higher profit margin deliveries, and that adding FSD bumps up your EDD on the M3/MY (not MX).. but I just today noticed this verbiage above the FSD button on my MX order.

"Removing FSD will delay delivery"

1648336025902.png

Interestingly, there is only a 2% margin of deliveries in our tracking.

1648336126223.png

*Edit: But a 5% margin on VINs. The number might be too small to make a significant conclusion but the FSD prioritization may be a newer initiative.

Reactions: kpony
Thank you. It's frustrating to say the least after the wait they put us through. There is no emergency release for charger, at least not a manual powerless option. The tow truck guy had no idea how to power the 12v battery to get the doors opened and release the charger, so I consulted the manual and showed him what to do. Not a very encouraging sign that your vehicle is in good hands. Then he was very sloppy with the leads and I definitely heard some sparking and popping when he was moving stuff around. I really hope he didn't fry more stuff on the car.

Finally got the car loaded on the tow truck, took about 2 hours. I'm learning that owning a Tesla is just as much about cool new features as it is giving up a lot of features that just make sense. Like manual releases, a door you can actually open with an actual key, etc. I couldn't even put the car in neutral because we couldn't get enough power to do anything, even after hooking up the battery to the auxiliary power unit. So he had to drag my car out of my garage with the back wheels locked in park. I'm just waiting to get my car back with the "problem fixed" and find a whole *sugar* ton of other issues from this mess.
with your luck, you sell it after fixing it, then the new owner drives it with no problems like forever.