Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi again, folks - from beautiful Bainbridge Island, WA...

Ordered a Refreshed XLR six seater on January 29th of 2021. Still waiting for a July delivery. Read these posts pretty much every day (I'm not obsessing-just trying to keep up on things). Reading about all of the QC problems you've all faced and thinking back on the delivery of my 2018 X 100D in June of 2018 - and experienced none of these issues. Of course, when I drove it home on the ferry it went into 'Off' mode and I had no idea how to crank it back up. Called Tesla and the guy told me to stomp on the brake pedal three times (like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz and it would be fine. I was. Did have the the lower trim from the driver's window fall off. Totally freaked me out. Looked at it carefully and saw that there's a lip to hang it from. So, put it back and snapped it into place. No problems since then. Love the car. And will be happy to drive it for a while. Just hope that the new one is at least as good. I have experienced phantom braking in EAP, but know what causes it (typically some jerk turning in front of me) and just dis-engage. Works for me.
Couple of questions to new Refresh owners.
o Stro mentioned that he's using 1TB SSD as a 'stick.' My 2018 has the USB ports in the middle tray. Destroyed a stick by storing stuff there. I've heard of some folks who have put USB cables in the glove box to keep the sticks away from stuff. Are the Refresh USB ports still there? How many? Anyone moved storage devices to the glove box?
o How about the trailer hitch receiver. I cart a couple of eBikes around on a rack and wonder if anyone has concerns about weight limits? The eBikes are both in the fifty pound range with the batteries removed. With the hitch I have maybe 150 pounds back there. What's more important - the vertical load or the torque? Any thoughts?
o The radar. Has it definitely gone the way of the Dodo Bird? Hope not. Rely on mine.
o My 2018 came with a complimentary Connectivity package. I only use the LTE link for maps and occasional web searches. How does this work on the Refresh?
o Which plug comes with the Refresh charging cable - NEC 14-50 (looks like dryer plug) or the NEC 6-50 (only has the 240 volt legs).

Bob
Re: storage/usb, one option is ultra low profile USB with high speed micro SD. Example (use with class 10 micro SD)…
Cotchear Mini Super Speed Micro SD/SDXC TF USB 2.0 Card Reader Adapter https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07HFQQ71F/

I legit went from having a July timeframe for delivery to having a vin and an appointment delivery for Monday at 10AM. Long Range 6 seater original order was like January 16th, 2021

Well what a whirlwind of emotions this has been. Ordered January of 2021 before refresh. Kept getting pushed back and back and back. This morning I still had a July 2022 Delivery date. Got a call from the local tesla store and said they had a transport vehicle arriving with 3 Model X one of which the previous buyer had canceled after vin matched and before vehicle arrived. They said I was next person with this build in the area and asked if I wanted it. I said sure lined up financing within an hour and they said it arrived perfect no adjustments or issues found you can pick up tonight if you want. Took delivery of it at 8PM.

Attachments

• 1DB79CED-9C8B-47AA-9074-236F6D958F0B.jpeg
    1DB79CED-9C8B-47AA-9074-236F6D958F0B.jpeg
    720.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 5B7D2B2C-E13A-418E-B32C-54904A1130A0.jpeg
    5B7D2B2C-E13A-418E-B32C-54904A1130A0.jpeg
    713 KB · Views: 89
For those that have a M3 and now X, how do they compare? I test drove a Y yesterday and it really felt like I was sitting “on” the car and not “in” the car. Lot of good things, but this gave me some pause.
Interesting perspective. Although I have come to *love* our Model Y (especially with FSD it is soo sweet), your description is a pretty good match with my experience. It took a while to get used to it.

In contrast, when I sat in the Refresh S (approx = the X) tonight, I felt *fully* in the car. Actually I felt I was in the cockpit of a siiiiick alien spaceship but you get my point. I’m literally having flashbacks lol wow.

And btw the seats were, IMO, substantially better.

Ok I just sat in a Refresh Model S in Tesla Boca Raton.

Sitting in that vehicle is pretty much a divine encounter. If that isn’t enough to induce a moment of awe at the sublime, idk what can.

And I know it’s not an X, but the fit and finish were nonpareil.
i felt the same when i sat in one the other day. sublime.

Just had my EDD pushed back. Was 3/25-4/13, since the date has come and gone… my new date is 3/28-4/18. No VIN.

I feel like Tesla moves a bunch of folks dates so they are prepared if someone cancels. I had this same thing happen to me this January and I was eventually moved back to October. This helps me understand how folks change their config and the date doesn’t move…well it’s my theory at least.

Well what a whirlwind of emotions this has been. Ordered January of 2021 before refresh. Kept getting pushed back and back and back. This morning I still had a July 2022 Delivery date. Got a call from the local tesla store and said they had a transport vehicle arriving with 3 Model X one of which the previous buyer had canceled after vin matched and before vehicle arrived. They said I was next person with this build in the area and asked if I wanted it. I said sure lined up financing within an hour and they said it arrived perfect no adjustments or issues found you can pick up tonight if you want. Took delivery of it at 8PM.
Congrats! That's awesome. You gave me some renewed hope - I'm waiting on July as well. Anyone have a Red LR / White they wanna cancel? :D

• Love
Reactions: Benihect