Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly it looks as good as can get. I picked up in the evening but i took a look around everything prior to even walking into the delivery center. FWDs are perfectly aligned and so is trunk. Everything i’ve tested so far works great. wireless charging, phone key, windows etc. I have floor mats, 2 keys, 2 key cards. The only thing i noticed is that when you try to open the glove box it doesn’t fly open like on my previous X or Y. It opens and then i have to pull down. I haven’t noticed if its maybe an issue or if its the new operation and maybe the AC makes a bit of a noise I haven’t looked much into it but they still had the little plastic protectors on the screens and the front passenger area so maybe the air was moving it and making it make noise. I’ll remove that all tomorrow and see what happens. From what i looked over it is a fairly good build.

Took a few pics. to send to wifey. She's over seas visiting family. Won't drive it to LAX to pick her up next week. Crazy LA rush hour traffic.

Attachments

• 20220326_150905.jpg
    20220326_150905.jpg
    489 KB · Views: 133
  • 20220326_151015.jpg
    20220326_151015.jpg
    929.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 20220326_184049.jpg
    20220326_184049.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 104
  • 20220326_174203.jpg
    20220326_174203.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 96
I am not seeing much of the 22" wheels in people's beautiful pictures they are sharing. Is there something with 22" delaying people's orders or people don't want to pay for 22" tesla wheels?

Pretty big range difference. The 20" are already low profile. The 22s are just a bit too close to the rubber band look for my taste. Ride comfort is better with the 20s. If you're going to the track, the 20s offer less rotational mass. Brooks at Dragtimes claims the 20s are faster than the 22s. Not sure if that's really true.

If the 22s had been a free option, I still would have chosen the 20s.

This is a cool color combo… any chance you can post a few more of the front seats and exterior?
Thank you for the compliment. I'll take a few more pics. tomorrow. The cream is really light color, but not the the glaring (IMHO) that white interior is. It's not your Grandfathers Cadillac tan/yellowish interior.

I have a model x plaid and long range coming but we are going to purchase a house in a few month, I want to keep the long range but sell the plaid, just want to know how much I can sell it now? my total price should be close to 140K, if the profit is not high enough I will just reject the order and let next person have it

Ok, guys. It’s 12:30am PDT. I just went through 5 pages and drooled at all the model X photos posted. I pretty much saw all color combos except for black exterior. Either it’s the two bottle of IPAs I just drank or your cars were super shiny and gorgeous!! Love it. Congratulations! And now, here it comes…

Where is my darn 7 seater, Elon/Tesla?!?!?!? 🤬😡😩

Ok, vent over. Good night!

My February 9 2021 order, October 13 2021 build, 2021 model year Model X 6 seat refresh field model in Red/cream with 20” and FSD was finally delivered today in Plano Texas. Traded in my temporary CPO 2018 Model X 5 seat.

Happy to say it is PERFECT in every respect inside and out. Paid cash and trade. Was in and out in an hour. Nice delivery guy helped me go through the Model X check list we have here. Dozens of Teslas being delivered today here. Mine had 164 miles on it so apparently some extensive testing as it must have been one of the first built. Downloading a software update at the moment. Came with 2021.43.101.2. Uploaded 2021.43.201 now. This is the most beautiful, tech sophisticated, comfortable, fast, amazing machine I have ever experienced. Comments on the ride, sound, yoke, settings later after getting some sleep and charging.
My February 9 2021 order, October 13 2021 build, 2021 model year Model X 6 seat refresh field model in Red/cream with 20” and FSD was finally delivered today in Plano Texas. Traded in my temporary CPO 2018 Model X 5 seat.

Happy to say it is PERFECT in every respect inside and out. Paid cash and trade. Was in and out in an hour. Nice delivery guy helped me go through the Model X check list we have here. Dozens of Teslas being delivered today here. Mine had 164 miles on it so apparently some extensive testing as it must have been one of the first built. Downloading a software update at the moment. Came with 2021.43.101.2. Uploaded 2021.43.201 now. This is the most beautiful, tech sophisticated, comfortable, fast, amazing machine I have ever experienced. Comments on the ride, sound, yoke, settings later after getting some sleep and charging.
Glad to hear that your delivery went well at the Plano Service Center. Heading there Tuesday to pick
up our new Model X LR 5 Seater.. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Regarding the build quality... 🤪 Day 2 revealed a lot of interesting stuff. At least, we stayed alive.

Car Issues

We've decided to drive in our new beautiful car to Pinnacles National Park. Just when we arrived, the rear camera showed a frozen image. It displayed a car at its remote position when it was actually right behind! The side cameras turned pitch black. That was an ominous sign, but I couldn't even imagine how far it would go. In a few minutes, the situation deteriorated dramatically. The car started signing a constant song of errors. Among them were:

1. Brake system fault. Contact Tesla immediately.
2. Parking brake fault. Undocumented indicator light.
3. Air suspension fault.
4. Parking brake fault notifications that appeared every few seconds.
5. Flashing instrument light indicators.
6. The side cameras remained pitch black.
7. The rear camera was showing outdated images.
8. Music stopped playing and signed out from Spotify on its own.

Screen Shot 2022-03-27 at 2.00.34 AM.png

Customer Support Issues

As you may guess, there was no cellular connection in the park. So, I climbed on a nearby summit and got the connection there. Then contacted the signature Tesla Roadside "Assistance". And this is what they told me:

1. "It's safe to drive with the brake system fault." Seriously??? The same indicator light shows up for the leaking brake fluid. And you know how this can end up.
2. They didn't know how to reset the car. I could just talk with squirrels in the park instead.
3. They kept switching me to the customer support that didn't work on Saturday evening despite me asking them not to do so because this just ended the calls. I had a strong impression that I was talking with a Tesla Bot and not with a sentient human.

AutoPilot Issues

Thanks to the help of my friends, I was able to reset the car, and all errors were gone. Though this doesn't resolve the issue in general because likely all these errors originated in the malfunctioning computer hardware. It would be really hard to convince Tesla to replace one - they just kept resetting the car every time this sh*t repeats. And that makes me sad.

Thinking about all this, I've decided to try the newest best-in-world AutoPilot with all the features turned on. And this is what I experienced:

1. The car wasn't holding the line on sharp curves on a highway. It starts and ends turning late. Once it even moved through the yellow double line to the opposite line with heavy traffic. This was definitely unsafe. Have you experienced the same? I think we must report this behavior to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to make sure it gets fixed.
2. The car wasn't reducing a high speed before a very sharp curve with zero visibility. It was just trying to fly onto the field.
3. The car was slowing down after slowing down cars and before stop signs too late, and it had to brake hard because of that. It completely ignored signs that announced the stop signs.
4. There were lots of phantom braking. Once about every 10 miles or so.
5. Once on the perfectly marked road after passing a traffic light, it showed a red line crossing the road and started beeping violently despite me pushing the accelerator because nothing was wrong with the road at all. I'm glad it didn't apply an emergency brake at least. This was very unpleasant.
6. AutoPilot disengaged several times during that very short trip.

Navigation on AutoPilot Issues

It took the whole day to understand how to turn on the Navigation on AutoPilot Issues. Better I didn't figure this out! Please keep in mind that I set the line switching policy to "Mild" - not "Drunk Mad Max":

1. At some moment, it suggested switching the line about 20 times in a minute. It was giving these suggestions every few seconds and then canceling them in a second.
2. It suggested to pass immediately after in suggested to leave the passing line.
3. It suggested passing a car driving at 75 mph when the target speed was set to 75 mph.
4. It did not suggest passing a car driving at 60 mph when the target speed was set to 75 mph. When it accelerated to about 75 mph - yes, it suggested passing it!
5. The suggestions for exiting the freeway were too late. They started at just a fraction of a mile! I had to intervene and left the freeway at the last second.
6. The suggestions to change the line do not show to which side. Later, I noticed a flashing shape to the side of the car, but I don't find this solution convenient because often it fades out at the moment of looking on the screen.

Overall, I found the Navigation on AutoPilot completely non-functional. Does it work that bad for you too? Will it get better after being approved for FSD Beta?

Computer System Issues

When I needed it the most, I couldn't even read the Owner's Manual. It was displayed in black font over the back background. Does anyone know, when Tesla dissolved their customer support department, did they do the same with their quality assurance engineers? After a short trip, I found the following issues with the computer system:

1. The Owner's Manual isn't readable on the Dark Mode.
2. The car doesn't store the position of the tilted mirrors. I've tried to tap on a dedicated Save button and to save the profile. Nothing worked - they kept resetting to an absolutely unusable position every time I switched to reverse.
3. A flash drive can't be used for Sentry and music at the same time. When a flash drive has two partitions - one for Sentry and one for music - it's being recognized only after several attempts. Such instability in a car is highly concerning... The issue has been known for years, and Tesla doesn't seem to be interested in doing anything about it. No music was recognized on the music partition on the flash drive with two partitions. Other people tell that this works most of the time, though not always. For me, it's never worked.
4. Spotify often showed "Loading". I had to switch it to another service and back to make it work again.

Everything described happened during a short 4-hour trip. I'm afraid to think what else awaits in longer trips... :(

Last edited:
Requested FSD Beta, but still don't see my safety score after driving more than 100 miles. How long does it take for it to appear? How often are they inviting new "beta testers"?
Hold on - you've got a substantial list of problems that need to be addressed and you're asking about FSD? First get the issues dealt with THEN deal with FSD. Besides, you'll probably want that done before accumulating a safety score since service will probably have to drive it.

On the flip side, I hope the list of problems gets resolved to your satisfaction. Sorry to hear all of the trouble.

Pretty big range difference. The 20" are already low profile. The 22s are just a bit too close to the rubber band look for my taste. Ride comfort is better with the 20s. If you're going to the track, the 20s offer less rotational mass. Brooks at Dragtimes claims the 20s are faster than the 22s. Not sure if that's really true.

If the 22s had been a free option, I still would have chosen the 20s.
For those who have had previous Model X’s:

At what point did you change tires for the 20 inch wheels?

At what point did you change tires for the 22 inch wheels?

I’m trying to gauge average tread life for each wheel option.

Thanks.

Reactions: Great White