Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Torque vectoring is required for dual motor setup in Plaid. LR has a differential for the single motor. Torque vectoring allows the rear motors to spin at different speeds so the inner wheels won't drag while making a turn

A differential allows the wheels to spin at different speeds. This is NOT torque vectoring. TV is actively driving the outer wheels in a turn with more torque than the inner wheel. The Plaid has TV in the rear wheels only. The LR has no TV at all.

so technically, the Plaid only increased just over $11k since 13 months ago?

It increased 12.5K alone this month. The previous increase was the base model of $6.5K because the base model dumped the 5/7 seat config forcing you into 6 seats. But technically this was a $6.5 increase on the base price. Total increases to base price since January 7th have been $19K. In California, that's about $21K total with taxes plus additional lifetime yearly registration of about $150/year.

The folks who ordered 5-seat Plaids got a nice free upgrade (that is if they like the 6-seats). I wish I'd been in that camp.

I am but I considered it a downgrade. I don't need 5 seats but I do need fold flat seats for cargo. I would have paid $6500 MORE just to get the 5 seat config in the Plaid.

My MX was delivered today, and it's truly a beautiful car. I haven't found anything wrong with it yet, but I'm a little overwhelmed trying to get it set up. It was delivered by a carrier and he basically dropped it off and left. Luckily a service advisor called a couple of hours later and we were able to work through some issues with getting the key fob activated etc. The one problem I thought we solved but didn't is the opening height of the falcon wing doors. I have hit my head on them several times. The SA talked me through adjusting them to open more and save the setting, but the fix wasn't permanent. The SA said that the refresh Model X is more conservative on opening height than pre-refresh. I am already used to the yoke, which I was worried about. Oh, and autopilot is "calibrating." I'm not sure if that is normal but I'm exhausted by the excitement of the day and the hours I have spent learning and programming the car so I'm going to face that tomorrow.

Edit to add: Apparently I need to spend some time with the owner's manual. The calibrating is normal.

Last edited:
Just sat through a Tesla pre-delivery conference call with the Massachusetts and Rhode Island delivery staff and about 15 customer. It was cool that they offered it, they provided info about what you need to have with on the delivery day, how you can or can’t pay. They told us we need to get the car inspected within 7 days in Massachusetts. I did not know that. In Rhode Island you need to bring a check for the DMV…. Just kind of dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s. They then let us ask any questions we had. They made it clear that we will have full access to the car before accepting delivery to inspect it.

Good Job Tesla.

Credit where credit is due.
That’s really excellent to hear. Is this being done all over?

Customers should organize a training class for Service centers Staff. :)

No, you don’t deliver filthy cars.
No, you don’t deliver it with the wrong door panels.
Yes, the customer is always right

etc…

@John in LB ....... did you get your baby?!?!?!
YES WE DID! JUST GOT HOME FROM AN ALL DAY EVENT... CAN'T TELL YOU HOW FANTASTIC THE CAR IS!

Went to the Irvine Delivery Center in Orange County, CA - Large staff working for the end of quarter push, including service department - all ready to take care of anything that might be wrong (especially glue spots or minor issues.) We arrived 11:00AM, departed about 1:00PM.

So here are my initial comments:

1 - All doors were perfectly aligned. Falcon doors work perfectly.
2- Only 1 little (1mm) bubble on the hood, near the edge. I am not sure what to do with that - but repainting the hood is not an option I will consider... )
3- The interior of this car is completely better / improved over the 2017 X model. Just way more luxurious, software is significantly more sophisticated. We both really liked the cream interior (picture attached), very soothing...
4- Yoke, turn signals and all of those worries are really a non-event. WE HAVE ALL BEEN OVER THINKING IT... It is just a matter of adapting to it. After an hour of driving the car, did not feel odd, and your left thumb learns to apply the turn signals, auto cancelling works pretty well. The center pad has the very faint S shaped ridge visible. Horn only works from the right side button. I was delighted to see that my wife executed a 3 point turn and backed the car into one of the Tesla parking lot stalls - she did it perfectly and said the yoke was not a problem for her.
5- The X is significantly more luxurious / comfortable as compared to my 2022 Model Y. The Y is just more basic all around. I can see the reasons for the price difference.
6- Software version is 2022.3.102, has noise cancellation (says it is calibrating.)

That's it for now... Overall, delivery process was pretty flawless for me (from Vin assignment through Delivery today.)

Attachments

• IMG-20220329-WA0001_148722148740452.jpg
    IMG-20220329-WA0001_148722148740452.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 103
That’s really excellent to hear. Is this being done all over?

Customers should organize a training class for Service centers Staff. :)

No, you don’t deliver filthy cars.
No, you don’t deliver it with the wrong door panels.
Yes, the customer is always right

etc…
Training class also needs
“Here is how you hold a crayon”
— Similar age-level bullet point to
“We kween de caah.”
“We not sell it if it bwokenz “
“Be nice and stuff”
😝🙄 (Seriously, Tesla, I love you but c’mon)

Last edited:
YES WE DID! JUST GOT HOME FROM AN ALL DAY EVENT... CAN'T TELL YOU HOW FANTASTIC THE CAR IS!

Went to the Irvine Delivery Center in Orange County, CA - Large staff working for the end of quarter push, including service department - all ready to take care of anything that might be wrong (especially glue spots or minor issues.) We arrived 11:00AM, departed about 1:00PM.

So here are my initial comments:

1 - All doors were perfectly aligned. Falcon doors work perfectly.
2- Only 1 little (1mm) bubble on the hood, near the edge. I am not sure what to do with that - but repainting the hood is not an option I will consider... )
3- The interior of this car is completely better / improved over the 2017 X model. Just way more luxurious, software is significantly more sophisticated. We both really liked the cream interior (picture attached), very soothing...
4- Yoke, turn signals and all of those worries are really a non-event. WE HAVE ALL BEEN OVER THINKING IT... It is just a matter of adapting to it. After an hour of driving the car, did not feel odd, and your left thumb learns to apply the turn signals, auto cancelling works pretty well. The center pad has the very faint S shaped ridge visible. Horn only works from the right side button. I was delighted to see that my wife executed a 3 point turn and backed the car into one of the Tesla parking lot stalls - she did it perfectly and said the yoke was not a problem for her.
5- The X is significantly more luxurious / comfortable as compared to my 2022 Model Y. The Y is just more basic all around. I can see the reasons for the price difference.
6- Software version is 2022.3.102, has noise cancellation (says it is calibrating.)

That's it for now... Overall, delivery process was pretty flawless for me (from Vin assignment through Delivery today.)
A sucesss story! Congrats John! Now the $10 question: did they open the doors for you to check before accepting?

I didn't ask, I was most worried about panel alignment and paint problems. I checked those by walking around outside of vehicle.
so they washed the car and etc beforehand? no significant issues in the interior and exterior it sounds like right? and when you say they fixed minor issues what did they fix on the spot? sorry for the questions I’m picking up in Irvine tomorrow!

Reactions: T3slafan2500