Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Look very nice. How much it cost for it?? Y not xpel stealth PPF?
I paid $3500 in north NJ

My wife is not a big fan of the stealth "matte" look so stealth PPF was not an option..... And I wanted the color change, plus did not want to spend twice as much on PPF right now ($6500) I do have the option to add clear PPF over the wrap if I want to later on..... Also considering just doing the front and back bumper in PPF which I was quoted $650/each.

The gentleman who owns the detailing shop my delivery center uses just sent me these pics after he and his guy cleaned it up. We are meeting over the weekend to talk PPF/ Ceramic.

Attachments

• Unknown-1.jpeg
    Unknown-1.jpeg
    526.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    521.9 KB · Views: 72
what do you guys do with your Monroney stickers? My wife was messing around with me yesterday and told me I should frame it and hang it up since I was so obsessed with getting this car and its my first EV..... And at first I laughed about it, but then I was like hmmmmmm
I never thought of framing it. Good idea. The current price on the sticker is waaaaay higher than my pre-refresh price that I paid.

How do FSD hardware updates work? Are they free for life if you buy the package upfront?
I've been happy with the updates. I wish they would come out quicker, but there is no additional charge for them once you buy the FSD package. I even have a Model 3 that I bought before it had the better computer to handle FSD. Tesla came out to my place and put a new computer in at no charge. I will expect them to do the same thing again if it becomes necessary. To be clear, I don't think it's worth the money they are asking for it right now. I did purchase on my new MX LR but based completely on how it will perform in the future. Also, I'm paying cash and can afford it. In particular the "reverse summons" feature interests me. I'm not part of the Beta program, but I'm in the que, patiently waiting with a safety score of 98 for several months. If it's not a financial burden for you to get it, it's pretty cool already and the new features will continue to be released over time if you buy it up front.

• Informative
Reactions: John in LB
need a bit of advice if anyone is willing. i took delivery of a Model S last week to hold me over until my Model X Jan 2023 EDD comes. This morning I got a text that a VIN was assigned to that Model X order. While this is great, it is terrible since I don't even know if I can trade in the Model S i picked up just a week ago. Losing value on the Model S trade-in is not an issue for me, i just gotta figure out how this is all going to happen. The Model S is financed and I planned to finance the Model X as well.

the timing of all this is just nasty.

need a bit of advice if anyone is willing. i took delivery of a Model S last week to hold me over until my Model X Jan 2023 EDD comes. This morning I got a text that a VIN was assigned to that Model X order. While this is great, it is terrible since I don't even know if I can trade in the Model S i picked up just a week ago. Losing value on the Model S trade-in is not an issue for me, i just gotta figure out how this is all going to happen. The Model S is financed and I planned to finance the Model X as well.

the timing of all this is just nasty.
Herzliche Glückwünsche (?)

I would contact your Tesla Sales Advisor immediately and see what they can do about your Model S.